Step by step guide for cleaning the whole desktop

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Guy can any one guide my fo desktop cleaning including the heatsink of cpu ...and plz tell me the prerequisties also ...any cleaning products need ti be purchased ...my config is in my sig

doomgiver

Warframe
just buy a can of compressed air, shoot it into the cabinet, so taht all dust comes out
most hassle-free and newb-friendly method

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Use Blower.They are cheap and easy to get.

well i have a blower but it doesn't cleans the heatsink
and my cabby has 2 80 mm fans which are equivalent to **** what are the cheapest and best alternatives to keep my cabby cool and dust free

Sujeet

Undead!!!
For cooling you can get better and bigger fans from cooler master etc.
For dust free there arent much options other than keeping most of the non-essential openings of case closed(not the fan vents ofcourse) and cleaning it regularly..like on weekends o so.
You can use canned air for quick cleaning of heatsinks or soft dry brush but that would require greater care.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
How much will.the 120 mm fans cost. And i can attach only one 120mm fan the other one has to be 80 mm fan and how much will an air can cost. Any other method of making cabby cool

helion

Broken In
Here:

Many options exist.

1. Vacuum cleaner blowing in a low setting onto the computer box placed in a corner on the terrace/balcony.

2. Electronics cleaning putty.

3. Dismantle and clean (this may rule out some parts due to the warranty stickers etc, and also because some times it is not easy for everyone to separate the electronic/electrical parts from the others since many of them are glued in place by the maker etc.)
i. The electronic parts in IPA with lint free cloth or cotton.
ii. Plastic parts in soap or detergent solution, or Vanish/Easy Off Bang. I didn't use Harpic because it has 10% HCl.
iii. Metal parts similar to plastic parts but dry them immediately in Sun.​
Since the method 3 takes a lot of time and labour, even though it cleans the gear best, things look dirty within hours.
Also, due to the washing, some of the lubrication applied during manufacturing may also get washed.

The electronic parts may be cleaned in distilled water and/or distilled water+soap using a piece of cloth/brush/cotton, but it is quite risky since even if a small amount of water remains unevaporated, then it is almost a certain bye-bye to the hardware.

OP
Blue Ripazah

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Ok now i meed to buy. Some fans to install in my cabinet where can i get them at reasonable prices and will they be able to bring temps down

saswat23

Human Spambot
Check Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
While fitting the fans in the cabby make sure there Air flow directions assist each other.

For CM Fans the Directions are there on the Fan Case but for Sunbeam etc they are not so its harder for a Non tech guy to judge the Direction.

helion

Broken In
Not a big deal about the direction of airflow - it's simple.

• The blades are concave to the side the air flows to. Example - look up at the ceiling fan. :D
  • The fan itself has an X shaped frame on the side of air flow.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Not a big deal about the direction of airflow - it's simple.

• The blades are concave to the side the air flows to. Example - look up at the ceiling fan. :D
  • The fan itself has an X shaped frame on the side of air flow.

The first point is a bit confusing, and easier way, have a look at your kitchen exhaust fan, it can give you a clear idea on the direction of flow...Notice the barebones of fan are *inside* of your kitchen, and the other side is pointing outside

*www.ixbt.com/cpu/cpu-coolers-inquestion/axial-fan.jpg

In this fan, it's clear that the air will flow to the REAR of the picture, that is, inside the plane of the paper or forum or whatever :) Use some common sense and you're good to go :D

helion

Broken In
The first point is a bit confusing, and easier way, have a look at your kitchen exhaust fan, it can give you a clear idea on the direction of flow...Notice the barebones of fan are *inside* of your kitchen, and the other side is pointing outside

*www.ixbt.com/cpu/cpu-coolers-inquestion/axial-fan.jpg

In this fan, it's clear that the air will flow to the REAR of the picture, that is, inside the plane of the paper or forum or whatever :) Use some common sense and you're good to go :D

No confusion :D. Convex side == from, Concave side == to. Usually they make the X frame on the concave side.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^^ I figured that out *after* posting my comment lol :D Gave it a close look after posting and found out you were right :)

doomgiver

Warframe
screw that, every fan has 2 arrows on its side, showing :
1. airflow direction
2. direction in which the blades turn

helion

Broken In
screw that, every fan has 2 arrows on its side, showing :
1. airflow direction
2. direction in which the blades turn

They do have, but one has to look for it like a needle in a haystack. :D

About the direction of rotation, it is anti-clockwise when the convex is facing the viewer. To make sense of it, that is the only way the blades can paddle the air for circulation on the concave side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom