gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Re: Steam related discussions

guys i am having problem with steam, today when i tried to launch cs go it said that the product key was location specific and i m not in that location......... what to do i have purchased the game from flipkart.........

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ Where are you right now? May be the ISP's IP might have pointed to some other location?(I don't know what i am talking about, but wanted to think in this dimension :D)

abhidev

Human Spambot

My ICICI debit card too didn't work with steam...also my Entropay account was suspended and the reason they gave was that they suspected some malicious activity :?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

My ICICI debit card too didn't work with steam...also my Entropay account was suspended and the reason they gave was that they suspected some malicious activity :?

Weird because ICICI debit do work on steam , origin , amazon etc .

Edit - what do you want to purchase ? You can buy TF2 keys from any trusted indian guy and buy the game from reddit/steam trade .

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

^^ Where are you right now? May be the ISP's IP might have pointed to some other location?(I don't know what i am talking about, but wanted to think in this dimension :D)

i didn't change isp but i moved to new location in same city..........
but i had played the game after moving here suddenly yesterday just like that they disabled my cs go...........

i never mad a direct purchase on steam cause i dont want my account info to be given to them like even minute info..........

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@gagan you're in the same country aren't you? If yes contact Steam support. Only they can help you in this case.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

My Bank Of Baroda Visa debit card works well. Only that I need to enter the card number everytime I have to make a transaction. It won't work if I store the number.

Gollum

Collector

Anyone using debit card for steam

My Bank Of Baroda Visa debit card works well. Only that I need to enter the card number everytime I have to make a transaction. It won't work if I store the number.

I hate goddamn steam.WTF does it mean you are in a different country. So this means that if tomorrow I go to a different country with my notebook I have to buy a new key for each of my games? Its like changing country code for your printer when you move to a new country to use new inks bought in the new region.(at least that is free)

This is BS!

Alok

Adventurer

Thanks mate ! And what is that street address ? Branch address or my address ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

^^ Your address.

btw anyone has discount coupons for HL 2: EP1 or HL2: EP 2? I just completed HL2 and it's one of the most brilliant games I've ever played.

icebags

Technomancer

i didn't change isp but i moved to new location in same city..........
but i had played the game after moving here suddenly yesterday just like that they disabled my cs go...........

i never mad a direct purchase on steam cause i dont want my account info to be given to them like even minute info..........

u are probably given a new ip address range and steam did not take it positively.

an weird thing happened to me like this, i was a regular to some gaming forum, one day when i tried to log in, it said my ip had been banned because of some bad behavior in forum. i guess they just blocked the bsnl dynamic ip range that i get assigned to because of some other guy's uncontrolled behaviour.

it was never lifted, so i started using mobile fone to browse the forum, lol.....

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play

So one can't access his Library if he changes country ?? Whats the mean of digital games then ??

icebags

Technomancer

ur facilities get restricted with steam, when u move to countries. so, contact steam support for this. but steam doesn't always explain their actions and take steps.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Well that sucks :\ Games should be bound to an account only. Location shouldn't matter as long as the game has been purchased previously. :\

I guess they do this to stop trading for profit and all(people buying games for cheap in some country and selling them at cheaper rates at another country while making a profit). Unfortunate.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

So one can't access his Library if he changes country ?? Whats the mean of digital games then ??
I hate goddamn steam.WTF does it mean you are in a different country. So this means that if tomorrow I go to a different country with my notebook I have to buy a new key for each of my games? Its like changing country code for your printer when you move to a new country to use new inks bought in the new region.(at least that is free)

This is BS!
Everything works fine. Dunno what is the issue in gt0gagan's case. I've moved from Delhi to Bangalore and all games work fine - connected to Steam via three different ISPs within two days.

What you guys are assuming is only true for retail games. If you purchased CS:GO via retail, eg. Nextworld.in in India, only that won't work if you move to a different region, say USA. It will work if you are moving anywhere in your region - Kashmir to Kanyakumari. If you purchased CS:GO directly via Steam while being in India, it will work in every location on Earth. That's why I prefer buying directly from Steam.

gameranand

Living to Play

Everything works fine. Dunno what is the issue in gt0gagan's case. I've moved from Delhi to Bangalore and all games work fine - connected to Steam via three different ISPs within two days.

What you guys are assuming is only true for retail games. If you purchased CS:GO via retail, eg. Nextworld.in in India, only that won't work if you move to a different region, say USA. It will work if you are moving anywhere in your region - Kashmir to Kanyakumari. If you purchased CS:GO directly via Steam while being in India, it will work in every location on Earth. That's why I prefer buying directly from Steam.

I have only purchased BL2 GOTY from FK other than that all from Steam or Humble Bundle.

BTW you came back after a long time here. :)

Top Bottom