arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Re: Steam related discussions

Everything works fine. Dunno what is the issue in gt0gagan's case. I've moved from Delhi to Bangalore and all games work fine - connected to Steam via three different ISPs within two days.

What you guys are assuming is only true for retail games. If you purchased CS:GO via retail, eg. Nextworld.in in India, only that won't work if you move to a different region, say USA. It will work if you are moving anywhere in your region - Kashmir to Kanyakumari. If you purchased CS:GO directly via Steam while being in India, it will work in every location on Earth. That's why I prefer buying directly from Steam.

Accessing steam from different countries will lock your steam account. To unlock you need to provide proof (passport/visa). Thats what I heard from one of my firend. It is needed IMO, else they will not be able to punish buying steam games using VPN.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^What ?

Never happened to me. At most it asked me to enter the code sent to my email id as i was accessing steam from a different hardware. 2 step authetication.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?

^^What ?

Never happened to me. At most it asked me to enter the code sent to my email id as i was accessing steam from a different hardware. 2 step authetication.

That is Steam Guard, it is different. I was talking about different scenario. One guy's steam account got locked when he got posted to Russia, and after raising support ticket, they replied to provide scanned copy of visa to unlock the account.

gameranand

Living to Play

WTH ??
I just got Witcher 1 EE and Witcher 2 EE in Steam without doing anything. I had bought those games on GOG but never on Steam so how did they came in my Steam Library. I checked my Entropay account, no amount deducted at all. How did I got these games ??

EDIT

NVM got it. They are free till Sunday. After that they will be removed from the account.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

That is Steam Guard, it is different. I was talking about different scenario. One guy's steam account got locked when he got posted to Russia, and after raising support ticket, they replied to provide scanned copy of visa to unlock the account.

Never happened to me. Probably Russia is an exception.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Anyone who buys steam games with tf2 keys and needs them can contact me. I have about 239 keys to sell.
Steam id - hd6950

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@Jas add me on Steam. So you made a new ID? Anyways find me at *steamcommunity.com/id/wuodland

Top Bottom