Speed up net connection about 30% for broadband users

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
This is my first tutorial , i hope it helps you all.
If you're using cable broadband internet try this before anything else. It's really simple to do and it works great.

Download this simple program to edit your settings > *www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html ( not more then 100kb size )
1. Set Tcp Receive Window (RWIN) to 128480
2. Set Windows Scaling, Time Stamping, Selective Acks, Path MTU Discovery, Black Hole Detection to Default.
3. Leave Max Duplicate Acks and TTL Blank [Delete anything in those fields]
4. Save to Registry. Reboot.

Best of luck increasing your net speed .
I have mtnl night unlimited plan in which speedtest shows results of about 1.7mb/sec but after using this trick my speed went as high as 3mb/sec and averages about 2.4mb/sec .
check out my speed result at the following link

*img291.imageshack.us/img291/5629/speedtestum6.png
It really worked for me .
Let me know your results .

Last edited:

xpac

Right off the assembly line
Wow it really works . I am using 256kbps net and it never showed above 200kbps but now is touching 300kbps , thanks .

raksrules

Youngling
^^which ISP man ??
I have taken the MTNL 999 UL plan. Still not activated yet :(

btw the site is offline at present

Can you upload that file here or on some other file hosting site for now ?

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
It will be working only for cable broadband user

^^which ISP man ??

btw the site is offline at present

Can you upload that file here or on some other file hosting site for now ?
Site is working perfectly
try refreshing the page otherwise i will upload somewhere else .
I checked my result again using mcafee speedometer and there is increase of about 200kbps.

^^which ISP man ??
is there any 999ul plan from mtnl in mumbai ? I am not sure about it . I am using 849 night unlimited plan .

Last edited:

raksrules

Youngling
^^yes MTNL has introduced a new plan 256kbps UL for 999 + taxes. But mind you, the speed is capped at 256 kbps and you will not get a UPTO 2Mbps that you would be getting with you current plan. So if you are someone who downloads more than i suggest you stick to your current plan and continue you download at night. Because no matter you would not be able to download as much as you do now because of the speed cap.

thinknano

Broken In
hey i am going to get a new plan 750UL home plan from BSNL...and it's about 256Kbps

what will be the dl/ul speed????......and it will be optical fiber one....

xpac

Right off the assembly line
which isp are u using?
I am using broadband internet from YOU telecom , my net speed has really increased but surprisingly my upload speed has reduced . Is there any connection in this . Btw i am happy since i dont care of the upload speed .

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Does this work only for Broadband, I am using Airtel Mobile Office mine Modem (Phone) is not detected in the software :( Guys do u know any software that optimize speed for Dial-Up users like me. I have used Ashampoo Internet Acclerator 2 but to no avail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom