Speed up net connection about 30% for broadband users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which isp , b e sure to follow the exact instruction , i would advise u to try again and dont forget to restart your pc and modem .

My ISP is TATA indicom, and i followed the exact intsructions and still the same problem. Even at Modems Page .. its is showing

Downstream : 524 kbps

where earlier it used to show 2048 Kbps.

May be its an ISP side issue (but occured just after applying the above trick) ... nt sure ... will call them tomorrow.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
i tried this.....
but no improvement in the d/l speed, instead the u/l speed decreases slightly....!!:mad:

i also think that speedtest.net is not perfect, it mere gives indication !!

lalam

In the zone
Well will this work for sify broadband anybody in here with SB tried this, do get back i'm quite nervous about trying this thing out on myself as i do hate calling customer care.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
These are all marketing gimmicks .Not that the thread creator had anything to sell.However the title was mouth watering.And then as usual disappointment follows.Nothing works as promised .Noteven 3 percent of assured 30 %.

iinfi

mekalodu
this thread is a truck load of trash... what makes me feel that the people who said it works for them are the same person who started this thread?

Techmastro

Journeyman
Hi all,
Please refer my speed test after trying this tweak. I know my broadband speed haven't improved as I can see same download cap in my modem settings but can some one explain why speedtest shows phenomenal increase in my speeds
*img87.imageshack.us/img87/876/speedtestlt0.th.jpg
Even utorrent is giving same old speed but I observed 1 thing that SNR is reduced from 31 to 24 after this tweak.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ok i was out of town for a week and hence i wasnt able to comment . I had found this trick on net and really surprised by the results and hence decided to post it since i thaught it might be helpful . This trick only removes the default cap value and optimizes your net speed which in windows is set to some default value hence the high browsing speed and not the download speed . If this trick is not working then can anyone tell me why speed test results and mcafee speedometer result are showing so high values which i have also posted .

Hi all,
can some one explain why speedtest shows phenomenal increase in my speeds
*img87.imageshack.us/img87/876/speedtestlt0.th.jpg
Even utorrent is giving same old speed but I observed 1 thing that SNR is reduced from 31 to 24 after this tweak.
Its not just speedtest , try any other online internet speed testing sites and thy will show you higher results . Also how is your browsing experience .
For people who think this thread is a trash , have u atleast verified this software throughly before commenting ?
I would feel happy even if a single person has benifited from this tweak .

Last edited:

KiwiKev

Right off the assembly line
Re: I am Amazed - Speed Test Results UP 300%

Hi all,

I can't believe my download speed increase,
its phenomenal at 300% Increase

im running a Toshiba LapTop, Centrino Core 2 Duo at 2.0 ghz
with Vista Home Premium.

After making the changes, im now up 300% to an
ongoing download speed of 11,628 kb/s
which works out to be 11.6 meg a second.

It shows an average of 9841, but that is only because I left my 2 original
speed tests in for the equation, which were so low, so they bring the whole average down.

i have attached the speed test so you can see the results for yourself.
the best i could get before was 4000, now today im up to the 11,628 kb/s,

Im in auckland new zealand, and even when i tried a server 7350 miles
away in Denver Colorado in the US, and i still had a download speed of
9492 kb/s (9.4 meg a second)

when i first did the test, i did it on a local isp here in auckland, and my speed was even higher at 14,500 kb/s, I am just blown away buy the increase.

NOTE: Also if you look at the summary against my isp and the new zealand average, where the orange bars are, i am 3 times higher than all of them,
and 2 1/2 times the Global Average, thats amazing.

once again thanks heaps.

Cheers KiwiKev :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom