Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team?

Who would you choose to be the captain?

• Sourav Ganguly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Rahul Dravid

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Any other player

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

soham

In the zone
Re: Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team.

Being bold is always necessary, especially at the international level. Just take a look at the aussies. Have you ever found them humble. Yet they are the ones who win matches.

LegendKiller

In the zone

Ganguly was only good at collecting trophies while the work was done by dravid(specially)/kumble/harbhajan/sehwag/tendulkar.

Ganguly has never won a single match on his own atleast in tests.All his major victories in Australia/England/Pakistan were scripted by dravid and co.

I would also not like to have a captain who runs away seeing green-top on the morning of a test,like he did in nagpur in 2004.

And yes,he's more of a politician thats why we seem running buddhadeb bhattacharya for every single reason.He even went to arun jaitely for support.

This time also he's back b'coz CPI-M has put pressure on pawar to include him.

Also Ganguly's record since 2004 is far worser than dravid,which is why our team lost twice to kenya in that period and were at no:8 in rankings..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

LegendKiller said:
I would also not like to have a captain who runs away seeing green-top on the morning of a test,like he did in nagpur in 2004.

lol remember that :)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soham said:
hey Wizrulz, are you Greg Chappel in disguise. It seems so . It was he who used politics and put the blame on Saurav. Give me an instance where Saurav used politics. And your last WHAT IF seems to be the biggest joke of the lot. Do you watch any cricket at all? If I may remind you its Sachin who performs well when India doesnt win and not the other way round.

Hey taking name is perosnal attack...:D....no just clarifying....MODS told me so...i will not do anything silly like that....;)

Comming to point.....i am not the one just to use words beacause i know them...U wanna see ganguly politics...do not go to far...look recently

A day before TEST team selection.....BENGAL captian...ganguly ........what he does RESIGNS from that post...NOW CAN U EXPLAIN....how he knew a day before that he was gona be selected in in the TEST team???

Have u read his interview with kiran more in TOI....read it...it good for health...laughing re..after reading it....beacause MORE had asked him what made his selection possible(as he had not scored in domestic nor in county)....he had no answer justifying answer :D

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

take it the other way soham.india dont win when sachin performs well.(50 from 97) :)

LegendKiller

In the zone

wizrulz said:
Hey taking name is perosnal attack...:D....no just clarifying....MODS told me so...i will not do anything silly like that....;)

Comming to point.....i am not the one just to use words beacause i know them...U wanna see ganguly politics...do not go to far...look recently

A day before TEST team selection.....BENGAL captian...ganguly ........what he does RESIGNS from that post...NOW CAN U EXPLAIN....how he knew a day before that he was gona be selected in in the TEST team???

Have u read his interview with kiran more in TOI....read it...it good for health...laughing re..after reading it....beacause MORE had asked him what made his selection possible(as he had not scored in domestic nor in county)....he had no answer justifying answer :D
It really amazes me how sourav ganguly or anyone of his supporters can even justify or ask for his inclusions when even medium pace bowlers can bounce him out..

Yesterday Messiah-1 got out first ball and we will only see a repeat performance from messiah-2 in test

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

well i dont kno why peaple are praising rahul so much...my god.Please if it had not been for dada then dravid would been playing for karnataka still....it was dada who brought him back in site of his poor performances..and ya dravid is playing very well recently.his performance in the last few months shows that.:p
And why are u all forgettin our sehwag...lets see xcep for tht 300 over wch he is still eatin away....plz name an innings in wch sehwag has excelled....his marraige to wats-her-name spelt doomsday....;) and i dont remember the name of the captain who steered india to the world cup finals last time...do u???

LegendKiller

In the zone

amd64_man2005 said:
well i dont kno why peaple are praising rahul so much...my god.Please if it had not been for dada then dravid would been playing for karnataka still....it was dada who brought him back in site of his poor performances..and ya dravid is playing very well recently.his performance in the last few months shows that.:p
And why are u all forgettin our sehwag...lets see xcep for tht 300 over wch he is still eatin away....plz name an innings in wch sehwag has excelled....his marraige to wats-her-name spelt doomsday....;) and i dont remember the name of the captain who steered india to the world cup finals last time...do u???
yeah! you are forgetting he even brought gavaskar in 1971 otherwise he would still be playing for mumbai at 56.

Dipen01

Youngling

Well am the Big Big Sourav Fan.....
Even rite nw...i wanted this team to loose..!! coz this team doesnt deserve it....bcoz of Casual Apporoach..

Well one cant even demand right away captainship to Sourav...coz he has to prove himself now.... so lets wait and watch....

and i feel he is gonna silence his critics...coz wen he ws Captain....he had attitude and overconfidencel.... and now he knows that this is his last chance...its now or never..!! and they guys a good batsman if he comes in his rhythem...no-ones scores 15K runs by fluke..!!

He needs Luck in couple of matches and he'll be 1999-2002 Dada soon..!!

Regarding Dravid i must say....he is the most flawless batsman in our team... rite now....But his approach to captainsy is bad..!! i mean he can handle pressure while he is battin...bt not while he is leading......he goes by the flow....and u can see the pressure on his face...when we are in bad position..!!

wheres DADA we could bank on him..his bowling changes...field placements...His aggression everywhere....no Fear to try anything....and it wuld work also...

So Dravid is probably not the rite person....but as we have no Replacement rite now....Dravid is better...

NO SEHWAG...NO WAY.......cmon... he's Irresponsible Batsman.... He still needs to learn a lot..!! Yuvi.. mite be a good try....wid his talent...!! even hes unavailable...
Kaif no.....He still takes things way ttoooo easy....

So rite now Dravid is d best...and i hope Sourav clicks in Test Series.....;)

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

hey i made the point about his marriage first.But it is nice to see that people understand the concept now.It is because of his personal;-) failure(no kids yet) that he is getting bald and is out of form since marriage.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

In the zone

vimal_mehrotra said:
hey i made the point about his marriage first.But it is nice to see that people understand the concept now.It is because of his personal;-) failure(no kids yet) that he is getting bald and is out of form since marriage.

what all has happened since then,
1.Baldness
2.Baldness in runs
3.And you know what..

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

here dada is just been selected....dunno if will score runs.....

and now when just a wish of him being selected is been granted ..dada fans want him captian.....thats too much to ask for...even god will not permit ;)

I wonder if he is made captian next....dada fans will say ..when dada retires make him BCCI president....after all he is GOOD LEADER...:D:D:D...or may be INDIAN PRIME MINISTER

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

come on viru it have been two and a half years, do somehing(atleast off the field
;-) )

and now when just a wish of him being selected is been granted ..dada fans want him captian.....thats too much to ask for...even god will not permit ;)

I wonder if he is made captian next....dada fans will say ..when dada retires make him BCCI president....after all he is GOOD LEADER...:D:D:D...or may be INDIAN PRIME MINISTER

no it may become reality.The fools will vote him to the pm's post.Then he will outsource greg,and arrest rahul.Harbhajan will be home minister and viru will be Health and family affairs minister ;-) :D :D

Last edited:

sarandigit

Broken In

rahul is a good captain, may not b the best. But the recent failures is due to the players out of form. can u single out any1 person who has been performin consistently since the WI tour? tats our prob? and most of our players are inexperienced. Ganguly can't b made captain bcoz he wont deserve respect. he doesn't bat well. its not necessary to mention his athletic fielding!!!!!!!!! As of now, dravid is the best captain. In the recent ICC awards, he has been named as the captain of the World test team. For ur info, ponting is also the member of the team. But still, Dravid was named the captain.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soumya said:
You are completely wrong, and here is why!

1) Who in the hell is scoring runs?
2) Who is a good fielder in the team except Kaif and Yuvraj?
3) No Indian batsman can play as good on bouncy pitches like they do in the subcontinent
4) He has never used politics
5) I guess no one is contributing to the Indian team consistently!

1=> opening ur mouth now..what had happened when Dada was not scoring for 2 1/2 year and everybody other scoring and hence winning??

2=> Every one is better than ganguly..even KUMBLE for that matter ..atleast he will give 100% on feild...unlike ganguly

3=> yeah....yet dravid and tendulkar got so many hundreds abroad...i wonder how...might have carried indian pitches there....ya right :D

4=>NO NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS>>EVERYONE KNOWS THE FACT

5=> This situation is for only past 3-4 months not previously....

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

lol nice post .i repped it

Last edited:

LegendKiller

In the zone

wizrulz said:
1=> opening ur mouth now..what had happened when Dada was not scoring for 2 1/2 year and everybody other scoring and hence winning??

2=> Every one is better than ganguly..even KUMBLE for that matter ..atleast he will give 100% on feild...unlike ganguly

3=> yeah....yet dravid and tendulkar got so many hundreds abroad...i wonder how...might have carried indian pitches there....ya right :D

4=>NO NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS>>EVERYONE KNOWS THE FACT

5=> This situation is for only past 3-4 months not previously....
comeon yaar give dada a break!
dada is a role model for everyone.imagine otherwise how can you get back in the team even after not performing??

Also why do you blame dada,if others don't know how to use politicians?
-From mumbai we have pawar in union cabinet,but still sachin/agarkar/jaffer/powar do not know how to seek help
-kaif/raina/r.p singh have mulayam singh,but they also don't seek help.

So,conclusion is that if other players don't know how to do politics than why blame dada?

also you were right,dada will become indian president one-day b'coz of his dynamic leadership!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom