Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
There is a different device to replace Xperia L, so don't worry :)

And the SP replacement for 2014 is more powerful than Galaxy S4 ;)

All with IPS screens, to shut up the viewing angle freaks :p

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
There is a different device to replace Xperia L, so don't worry :)

And the SP replacement for 2014 is more powerful than Galaxy S4 ;)

All with IPS screens, to shut up the viewing angle freaks :p

You referring to these?
*www.gsmarena.com/six_sony_devices_hit_postel_five_of_them_visit_antutu_as_well-news-7414.php

SP's replacement is looking interesting :D

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Do keep us informed!!! :)

As expected, Snapdeal realized their mistake and have cancelled the order.
And now have ordered via Indiatimes - after discount vouchers costed me 23200. (Xperia ZL that is )

Guys, can someone please recommend a cover for xperia ZL ? Something slim to avoid a bulge in pocket, leather/PUC will do. Somethign similar to
*www.flipkart.com/cubix-holster-sony-xperia-zl/p/itmdr4x9rkhmm7gj?pid=ACCDR4X8SXFSHTXN&otracker=from-search&srno=t_12&query=xperia+zl&ref=e7ddc0bd-f844-493a-b280-a15ac38ac2fc

Need some suggestions !
Or how would a mobile lamination do ?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Wow
A new firmware 15.3.A.1.12 has been certifed for Xperia L,The old version was 15.3.A.0.26 ,As it doesn't change 15.3 to 15.4,I feel it will just be a small firmware update while other's feel it's android 4.3.
If it's 4.3 sony rocks,But sadly it will be the last update to x.l then :(

Hello Xperians. There is a very good offer for buying ZR at fk. And I want to buy it but after some googling i found that for in-callls and ringtone volume it very low and not satisfactory. Please confirm this.......it is the only thing that is stopping me from buying this phone.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
You should probably go with Xperia ZL, it is confirmed to get 4.4 update, has IR blaster and 16 GB of internal memory.
If you really require waterproof feature, then only go with ZR.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Hello Xperians. There is a very good offer for buying ZR at fk. And I want to buy it but after some googling i found that for in-callls and ringtone volume it very low and not satisfactory. Please confirm this.......it is the only thing that is stopping me from buying this phone.

I can confirm that. And that being the most important function of a phone...

^^
Its absurd that ZR has got such a good rating on fk and the most imp. function of the phone is inferior. BTW thanks for confirmation.

@ priyakgupta

ZL is not my type. I like one hand operation devices.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think waterproofing with rubber gasket is a risky business...I will remove the USB and 3.5mm gasket daily for use and after sometime they will just fell off due to daily wear n tear ...once they fall off ur phone is no longer waterproof

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I think waterproofing with rubber gasket is a risky business...I will remove the USB and 3.5mm gasket daily for use and after sometime they will just fell off due to daily wear n tear ...once they fall off ur phone is no longer waterproof

Possibly. But my Defy+ is still waterproof after nearly two years of use. I think Sony's quality control is as good as Moto's.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys tell me something ...whats that RAW power everyone is talking about in Nexus 4 ...Its price is exactly same as ZL and ZL beats it on screen size, screen resolution , and every test performed....and ZL will also get 4.4 ...how N4 is great super awesome and not ZL??

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Guys tell me something ...whats that RAW power everyone is talking about in Nexus 4 ...Its price is exactly same as ZL and ZL beats it on screen size, screen resolution , and every test performed....and ZL will also get 4.4 ...how N4 is great super awesome and not ZL??

There is no RAW power in the Nexus 4 when compared with the ZL. ZL is more poweful than N4 and outperforms it in every benchmark and is much more stable. Nexus 4 suffers from severe thermal throttling.

The main argument is N4 features Vanilla Android so it doesn't suffer from any "bloats" like others which bog down peformance. But this doesn't really apply to Sony devices as Sony's optimization on stock ROM is even better than what Google does with Nexus devices and Sony's skin is very light and does not hog resources like other OEM skins. :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Possibly. But my Defy+ is still waterproof after nearly two years of use. I think Sony's quality control is as good as Moto's.

My Defy+ is waterproof too in spite of the awful treatment meted out to it by me!!! :cool:
That was one of the main reasons why I went for the Xperia Z1!!! :-D

Top Bottom