Sony Xperia 2013 Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Random...that clears by doubt :)
After i checked the N4 vs s3 i was very confused that y people are ready to spend more for S3 costing 25k but having poor hardware then SP and N4 having poor hardware and performance then ZL ...and consider sony as overpriced :D

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
After i checked the N4 vs s3 i was very confused that y people are ready to spend more for S3 costing 25k but having poor hardware then SP and N4 having poor hardware and performance then ZL ...and consider sony as overpriced :D

Yes because people want "180 degree viewing angle screens" and Sony screen sucks :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
:-D hmm thats true you can not view soo clearly from more than 135 angle ...and xperia C is really good improvement ...but coming from SAMOLED myself, I dont think thats a deal breaker

funny thing is that the shopkeeper told me that it have a special screen where the pic wont get faded away even from 165-170 degree angle ...and he was serious...he gave me the demo ...I just neglected it :D :D

rish1

Cyborg Agent
A surprise coming on Jan 6.

6" 720P IPS screen affordable 4G device (3G for India)

Sub 20k pricing. :)

hmm cool but i disagree on the price :p

the 6 inch phone is called sony tanichi ( it will be changed on launch )

it has mediatek 1.7- 2.0 ghz 8 core cortex a7 cpu mtk6592
and mali 450 mp gpu ( 50 % faster than adreno 305 )

and it will be priced in 23-24k range it's a competitor to Nokia lumia 1320

@randomuser111 sorry i started a new thread for discussing about 2014 models

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/180270-sony-xperia-2014-discussion-thread.html

i hope you or anyone don't mind it i don't want to be rude but if you do, just let me know i will get it Deleted ..
:)

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey wait for 2014 discussion ...our Z, ZL,ZR is yet to receive android 4.3 which was to be updated this current year :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Have you tried Galaxy S3's camera? Its awesome, especially its HDR mode. Also very fast.

How is it compared to Xperia SP? I have two Xperia Ls in my family, and the shutter lag is horrendous. Also, 1 out of 3 images is always out of focus. How much better is SP compared to L's camera. As far as I know, both L and SP have the same camera module.

Galaxy S3 is in a class of its own... It has an excellent screen, and excellent camera, and excellent developer support.

P. S. I hate Xperia L touchscreen. Not the viewing angles of the screen, which indeed is washed out compared to other phones, but the bloody touchscreen.
Even my old Optimus One had a better touchscreen... Poor job Sony.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have something else to say about S3 ...my Uncle have S3 and my cousin (his daughter)have grand quattro ...and to our surprise Quattro have better cam then S3 ...a 13k handset have better cam then a 25k handset :) and we tested it whole day and my uncle was soo sad ...he is now planning a S4 soon :D

sushovan

In the zone
Then either that S3 Itself had hardware problem or the quattro is actually the original Grand duos. There's just no way in either heaven or hell a sh-it like quattro aka win would even come close to a flagship from Samsung's heydays ( Before it became Samshit and started coming out with trash devices(and yes, s4 is one of them) and cheating in benchmarks). Even my uncle's Galaxy S2 blows any sub 20k handset except Huawei Ascend P1 in terms of cam performance.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
^Won't that cannibalize Xperia Z1, Z Ultra sales if launched earlier than Feb?

Don't think so. Sony will cut prices of current models when newer ones come out. This will help Sony to keep their sales high and help compete with competition

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey, @randomuser111

Which of the following sites do you suggest I use to buy the screen guard for the Z1???

1. Sony Xperia Z1 Screen Protector Scratch Guard FULL BODY | eBay

2. Sony Xperia Z1 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Full-Body Invisible Shields | Gadgetshieldz India

acervenky

Broken In
Xperia Z1 @ 36.5k Or Wait ?
Not a big fan of limited storage,so staying away from Nexus 5 And G2
Use my device mainly for taking photos and development side by side,now the camera bug related to bootloader is resolved I can consider Z1.
Any thoughts ?
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia Z1 @ 36.5k Or Wait ?
Not a big fan of limited storage,so staying away from Nexus 5 And G2
Use my device mainly for taking photos and development side by side,now the camera bug related to bootloader is resolved I can consider Z1.
Any thoughts ?
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

Of course :)

Unless you want to wait till March for the 2014 flagship.

Top Bottom