Not open for further replies.
OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
And do we have HD games ?
1080p ?? 1080i ??
At least 720p ?? Any games ?
Haha. Nope. But the PS2 supports resolutions upto 1280x1024.
What else can you expect from a 10 yr old console runnong on a ~300 MHz CPU with 32 MB RAM. That costs 99$.

-cut the crap-
This isnt what its about! Comparing PS3 and PS2 hardware.

I said that for people like ME, PS2 makes much more sense than PS3. Thats it! I dont have an HDTV, I dont have ~25k to shell out for a PS3, I dont play games much, duh!

Apart that, I still feel that by all means, PS2 is much more Value to anyone looking for console. Agreed that people wont buy it, as future 'big' games will not be for PS2.

PS2 was the MOST played console of 2008. What now? Did all of them complain that it doesnt have HD?

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^^+1000:))...cant agree with u more:smile:

For a part time gamer...5k gaming console with 1900 games to play..is enough reason for joy.

People PS2 is rock solid. Been using mine for more than 4 years now and haven't faced a single problem as yet. In fact I was playing Killzone on it some days back. Man the slim black box is one helluva thing! If you want VFM gaming then it's the way to go. There are many awesome titles for it. God Of War,God Of War,Killzone,Rathet Clank to name a few.
Go get it Ironman:D

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
No its just that i have been severely been deprived on HD content.
My 1080p TV lies down in the dusts. :s !

So was just exited, am considering PS3 then.
Though PS2 is cool, my friends have it. Its just that HD......

See even top of the line cards get pwnd by Crysis at Full HD.

*www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,679522/...sis-und-Far-Cry-2-OC-Heaven/Grafikkarte/News/

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
For people planning to get it at this point, remember one thing, the titles post 2009 aren't anything noteworthy. They are either direct ports of the next-gen consoles or some misc garbage. So for people who haven't tried out it's previous library, by all means jump into it. I have had it since last year & still have some old classic titles to try out myself. If you guys can dig deep into it's library, then there is no console on the planet which beats the PS2 in terms of it's game titles. God of War alone makes this console worth having. Trust me playing that game made my moneys worth on this console.

It even provides you the facility now to play Xvid movies from your thumb drive. So in a way you're saving the cost of getting a new Divx player. At that price point, it will provide you the utmost value for money. Get a extra Dual Shock controller & a Memory card and you're all set. I myself completed Yakuza 2 on it. I still have a lot of choices on my hand. I can't believe I played Fahrenheit on this console now after so many years of it's release. For people who are looking forward to the newer batch of titles in this year, don't bother. For people who haven't touched this console yet or played sparsely on it, now is the time.

sujoyp

Grand Master
but brother u havent even played even 100 titles out of 1900 soo games r still new for u..

Burnout series is better then NFS..its more fun.
God of war..and wrestling games are awesome...mortal combat..smack down

Even Bully is cool...reminds me of old school days:razz:

Still prefer a Desktop. Except in really *special* situations, PS2 is all but useless.
Most modern microcomputers can emulate PS2 100% easily.

For me, newspapers, magazines, TVs, Radios, Postal Service, gaming consoles, are all useless. My 1337 Desktop is all I need :p

moshel

Padawan
i once thought of buying PS2 just because of the WWE games being released on it year after year...

but now i play them on my comp, hehehe...
still the $100 price tag is pretty compelling...hmm... :twisted:
I do wish to play God of War though....

thx for the news btw....good thing with the title dude!

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ And that can be pirated too. Just a point. ;)

BTW emulating PS2 is LOL kinda thing. Having a console is better, and feels better!

Good luck with you "1337" desktop emulating a PS2. :wink:

I don't game :wink:.

@Gautham, Happy emulating PS2 games (if you succeed at it) :D

My friend with a P4 3.0 GHz with 1GB RAM and a 7800GTX (which is slower than a 3.5K 9500GT which is much more VFM an upgrade on a modern desktop than paying 5K for a PS2) could run PS2 games easily on his desktop.

But it involves getting illegal PS2 firmware from *ahem* sources and using it in an emulator, which I am not discussing about.

And yeah, the same desktop could easily emulate Xbox and Nintendo GameCube too.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
My friend with a P4 3.0 GHz with 1GB RAM and a 7800GTX (which is slower than a 3.5K 9500GT which is much more VFM an upgrade on a modern desktop than paying 5K for a PS2) could run PS2 games easily on his desktop.

But it involves getting illegal PS2 firmware from *ahem* sources and using it in an emulator, which I am not discussing about.

And yeah, the same desktop could easily emulate Xbox and Nintendo GameCube too.
Dude we're not talking about the PC emulating the console. Let's be a bit more realistic. I can easily top your friend's configuration but that doesn't mean I will be able to run PS2 games on acceptable frame rates. The problem is not PC hardware but the software emulator, which hasn't reached perfection. Unlike the emulator which we had for PSX, the PS2's emulation is far more complicated then we think. So at this point, for 5.5k, a PS2 would be a much better option then whatever graphic upgrade you consider. If you don't game then that's your choice. I have tried this emulation thing for so long that I actually ended up buying a PS2 instead. Guess what? It's the best choice I made. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom