Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

Gollum

Collector
So I thought of checking the size of a PS4 game

Knack=39GB + Intial download of 4276MB

I once Had a pc with a 40GB Hdd, Pentium4 days. Now a damn game takes up all that space lol

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
See How The Last Of Us Looks Being Streamed On The VITA And HDTV Using PlayStation Now

For starters, "PlayStation Now" is Sony's Cloud streaming service. So the PS4, vita can play most of PS3's classic hits using this service.

PlayStation Now: Here’s How God of War: Ascension Looks on Sony’s New Streaming Service

4.2 Million PS4 Units Sold to Customers Worldwide To Date, Sony Confirms

PS4 is showing no signs of slowing down. After more games come in, the numbers are even more likely to increase. They are going to surpass their own comments by a mile, which projected around 5 million units sold by march 2014. At this rate, its gonna surpass 6 million easily by then. Wii u's lifetime sales are already going to get beaten. Software sales of PS4 are over 9.7 million.

Andrew House announced in his CES keynote speech that the PS4 had sold 4.2 million units before the end of 2013,with over 9.7 million software sales.

PS4 hasn't even been launched in a lot of important territories including japan.

February Cover Revealed – Evolve

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Dedicated PS4 HDD/SSD Upgrade Kits with Up to 1.5 TB Released; 25% Faster Loading Promised with SSD

Woodstock-based hardware retailer Other World Computing released four upgrade kits dedicated to the PS4, offering four different ways to upgrade the stock 500 GB HDD coming with Sony’s New Console.
The options offered include a 1 TB HDD/SDD hybrid drive or a 1.5 TB HDD if you want more space to download more content. Alternatively, if you prefer speed you can choose between a 240 GB SSD (which could definitely prove a little a little tight) and a more reasonable 480 GB SDD.
Why would you want to actually reduce the space available in your PS4′s disk? According to the retailer the SDD options offer 25% faster load, saving and booting times. Faster times are also promised for the 1TV HDD/SDD hybrid, but the actual gain isn’t specified. Your mileage may vary on whether faster loading speed is worth the trade off or not.
Together with the selected HD the bundle also include the following items:
OWC USB 3.0 Express 2.5″ SATA Drive Enclosure, Black
OWC USB 2.0 Flash Drive for PlayStation 4 download
#1 Phillips screwdriver
Up to 3-Year Replacement Warranty
High Quality Double Shielded USB 3.0 (mini-B type) connecting cable
Carrying sleeve
OWC USB 3.0 Express Enclosure Installation Guide
Instruction Guide for Drive Upgrade for PS4
Prices are as follows:

1. 1 TB HDD/SDD hybrid drive: $99.99
2. 1.5 TB HDD:$149.99
3. 240 GB SSD: $219
4. 480 GB SDD $399

Considering that I’ve seen the same drives sold by themselves for similar or higher prices by other retailers, this deal definitely seems a sweet one if you want to upgrade your new PS4, even if I’m not sure the 240 GB option can really be considered workable, SSD or not.

Hideo Kojima Shows Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Actually Running on PS4

Zishi

Broken In
It is waste of money. you can get a good gaming PC with AMD BULLDOZER FX 6300 and Radeon HD7870 by spending so much money....

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
It is waste of money. you can get a good gaming PC with AMD BULLDOZER FX 6300 and Radeon HD7870 by spending so much money....

PC is not an alternative to the PS4 as PC is not only for gaming.

Besides, how will the above configuration play games like Metal gear solid 5 ? Even if you have an R9 290X quadfire, you won't be able to play the console exclusive games.
Quality software is what drives these consoles, and most are simply unavailable for the PC. Depends on one's tastes for gaming.

You are not making a straight forward point here. By your take, consoles are useless.
In India, console gaming is expensive, but not the rest of the world.

Gamers who plan to play exclusives or console multiplatforms, will go for consoles, irrespective of whether they have a good gaming PC or not.

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent

after 2 years who is going to upgrade again ?
it won't be able to play latest game like crysis 5 .. consoles and pc aren't directly comparable because of optimization which a pc never enjoys..
sure in current scenario ps4 games and consoles prices are higher in india ..

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
after 2 years who is going to upgrade again ?
it won't be able to play latest game like crysis 5 .. consoles and pc aren't directly comparable because of optimization which a pc never enjoys..
sure in current scenario ps4 games and consoles prices are higher in india ..

its the same every where...

and we have had your point of view on console gaming long back. so thanks. :)

we enjoy it and thats why we do it.

capiche?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
its the same every where...

and we have had your point of view on console gaming long back. so thanks. :)

we enjoy it and thats why we do it.

capiche?

so who won ?.. I am guessing it would be a tie :p

pc gaming is hardware expensive ps gaming is software expensive.. would like to have a link if possible

why the heck is ps4 selling for 500$ on amazon.com?
i thought it was cheaper in the US.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BGA9WK2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1389774297&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

It is out of stock everywhere in USA hence private sellers are selling for profit.. at launch they were selling it for 1000$ a piece as well.. so that rich people who can't wait can buy

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
so who won ?.. I am guessing it would be a tie :p

pc gaming is hardware expensive ps gaming is software expensive.. would like to have a link if possible

we have had better :troll:s than you bud. you have a loong way to go. ;)

Akira

Augmented Nerd
As time passes, PC gaming is dying. Just look at 2014. Halo, Infamous, MGS, Final Fantasy, Destiny, The Order 1886, Kingdom Hearts,...all AAA most anticipated games. What does PC have?? Witcher 3,DA3, Titanfall, Watchdogs, Wolfenstein, Thief ...and a few others.

True, PCs have awesome graphics. But how many games can really utilize them?? Most are just ported to PC, and start glitching out at 1080p maxed out. Not to mention, some devs have just sh!tty PC customer support. They just don't care that much. Not to mention, it's harder to make a PC game, since all systems can have different combinations of hardware(CPU, GPU) as opposed to a console. Why else do you think PC doesn't have GTA5 yet??:-?

I just hope SteamMachines and AMD Mantle can make a difference, and bring more exclusives to PC. People in the west are shifting to consoles, and PC was never considered a gaming machine in Japan. Caught in between are poor souls like us :-(, who just can't buy a console even with your own money, because society looks at you sideways(Arre, itne bade ho gaye, abhi game hi khel rahen hain??!! :rolleyes:)

:sad: It's just sad, really.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Mantle is already almost dead. :(

Nah,...Mantle is meant for devs, so that portablity to PC and AMD GPUs becomes easier. It's apparently 45% faster than DirectX, which might be bollocks, considering AMDs habit of exaggeration.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yeah, and only a few devs showed interest. even sony and microsoft have their own tools for development, similar to mantle, but custom.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
we have had better :troll:s than you bud. you have a loong way to go. ;)

lol.. askyourself do you really think I was trolling or asking a genuine link to a thread ?
well if you still think I was trolling all I can say is sorry if I gave you wrong impressions..

Top Bottom