Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

Amithansda

Journeyman
I want to get a PS4 from Germany, but before that can anyone get me some ideas on these following things?
1. Will it work in India? (Voltage, Region lock or some other reason)
2. If its activated in Germany, will it be working in India?
3. Do I need an Active internet connection to play? (Not talking about multiplayer obviously)

Gollum

Collector
I want to get a PS4 from Germany, but before that can anyone get me some ideas on these following things?
1. Will it work in India? (Voltage, Region lock or some other reason)
2. If its activated in Germany, will it be working in India?
3. Do I need an Active internet connection to play? (Not talking about multiplayer obviously)

1: PS4 has 100v-240v compatibility @50-60Hz
2: You do not activate the console, you activate the Account and link the console. You can link for a limited number times to a single account.
You can be in Germany and use the Indian CC or not. and still get the PS4 to work. I have US, UK, IN, and JP account. but I have linked my PS4 to Indian account. Games from other account work on Indian Account too. JP games have O and X swapped.
I can still use the other accounts and buy games.
3: no need for internet connection for offline games.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Can we use Keyboard & Mouse to game on PS4..?

Sorry if it sounds noob.

never tried that, but go through these pages:

How to use a keyboard and mouse with the PS4 - PS4 Hom

Connect mouse and keyboard with PlayStation

but may be compatible with very few games

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You'd need a Keyboard and mouse adapter such as this: Amazon.com: Xim 4 Keyboard and Mouse Adapter for PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3: Video Game

That should give you an edge in FPS games.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Let the hype train for ps4 neo continue. Guys just let me know if we need a new thread for that. Will be interesting.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
I'm looking to buy both a new TV and a new console this Christmas. I was initially going for a PS4+1080p TV combo, but now with PS4 Pro released in the US, should I wait? Also, I barely consume any 4k content, and only have a 5mbps internet connection at present. And HDR TV's simply cost too much. So is PS Pro worth the wait? Or should I just go with the cheaper PS4??
The Last of Us+Driveclub+Infamous SS 1 TB bundle is available at Snapdeal for 31k. Caught my eye. Please advise!!!

Gollum

Collector
I'm looking to buy both a new TV and a new console this Christmas. I was initially going for a PS4+1080p TV combo, but now with PS4 Pro released in the US, should I wait? Also, I barely consume any 4k content, and only have a 5mbps internet connection at present. And HDR TV's simply cost too much. So is PS Pro worth the wait? Or should I just go with the cheaper PS4??
The Last of Us+Driveclub+Infamous SS 1 TB bundle is available at Snapdeal for 31k. Caught my eye. Please advise!!!

I suggest you to wait for Pro, Unless you plan to buy pro later.
As the time goes on, the games would get heavier and most of the games will look and perform better on the Pro as compared to the original.
Consoles are now beginning to go the PC way with hardware upgrades.
Most PS4 games are cheaper on PSN online rather than discs that are sold on Amazon or Flipkart.
Discs on retail stores are even more expensive.
In fact, ps3 discs are dirt cheap these days and PSN sells ps3 games for the price of peanuts.
I suggest you to buy a FullHD tv with a ps3, save up, and buy the ps4 pro with VR when it gets released in India.

*i.imgur.com/E3rtLHs.jpg
Why did I post this photo?

Last edited:

Akira

Augmented Nerd
I suggest you to buy a FullHD tv with a ps3, save up, and buy the ps4 pro with VR when it gets released in India.

Thanks for the suggestions!! But did you mean a 4k TV here? There have been noticeable problems with FHD tv when it comes to Pro, even though it runs at a faster framerate. Also, I dont plan on buying VR. I already own a PC, so most of my gaming happens there. PS was just for exclusives. Pro doesnt have a Blu-ray drive, which I may(or maybe not) have to buy separately.
Tbh, Ive half-convinced myself to get the base model. If I get a Pro, I'll have to get a 4k TV(with HDR). But there's hardly any content available here in India in 4k, nor do I have a competent internet connection. Running 1080p upscaled is just not a good idea. Better to just get a solid FHD TV with the base model PS4. There's plenty of content in the native resolution, and the games are well optimized.

Thanks for the response! Will have to think more about this.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Pro doesnt have a Blu-ray drive, which I may(or maybe not) have to buy separately.

PS4 Pro does have Blu-Ray drive. The fact is that it doesn't support 4k Blu-ray. Its supports the regular Blu-rays. Also IMO 4k is worthy if it has HDR. And most of the cheaper 4k TVs in India dont have HDR. But as Gollum said , PS4 Pro would be a better choice in the long run.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Hi Guys,

I am a long time PC gamer, I own the GTX1070 now. I was fascinated by PS3, but never bought it. Last month I bought the PS4 1TB bundle-- TLOU, DC and Infamous second son, out of curiosity.
Now, my problem is that I am unable to aim and shoot while moving or fighting using the controller. I play the same level again and again, still I keep on dying. (TLOU). Any suggestions to improve my controller skills(aiming, shooting, running), etc. I know its a stupid question and a matter of patience, but still I am getting frustrated as I can see the enemies, but by the time I aim, its too late !

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I am a long time PC gamer, I own the GTX1070 now. I was fascinated by PS3, but never bought it. Last month I bought the PS4 1TB bundle-- TLOU, DC and Infamous second son, out of curiosity.
Now, my problem is that I am unable to aim and shoot while moving or fighting using the controller. I play the same level again and again, still I keep on dying. (TLOU). Any suggestions to improve my controller skills(aiming, shooting, running), etc. I know its a stupid question and a matter of patience, but still I am getting frustrated as I can see the enemies, but by the time I aim, its too late !

relax and have patience.

its common when you play on a controller for the first time.
i had this difficulty too and i was able to overcome it after loads of practice.

try this:
go to an area void of enemies. find a spot on a wall or somewhere. put your crosshair on that spot.
now move and try to keep the crosshair on that same spot.

once you master this, try it on enemies and gradually move to moving targets.

if you repeatedly fail, throw the damn console out of the window and return to mouse+keyboard. its far superior :p :D

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
relax and have patience.

if you repeatedly fail, throw the damn console out of the window and return to mouse+keyboard. its far superior :p :D

:D :D .. Now I think why I got PS4 in the first place.. Anyway, jokes apart thanks for the tip. Will try that out.( practice, not throwing the console)

One more query guys... Is it beneficial to opt for PSN Plus subscription? I read that one gets 2 games free each month. What type of games are these? AAA titles? Worth the 4K? I wanted to play F1 2016 online actually on PS4.. I already have it on PC(steam).

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
:D :D .. Now I think why I got PS4 in the first place.. Anyway, jokes apart thanks for the tip. Will try that out.( practice, not throwing the console)

One more query guys... Is it beneficial to opt for PSN Plus subscription? I read that one gets 2 games free each month. What type of games are these? AAA titles? Worth the 4K? I wanted to play F1 2016 online actually on PS4.. I already have it on PC(steam).
PS plus is essential if you want to play online multiplayer. Also the monthly free games are getting an improvement.
Just saw that the Just cause 3 is gonna be free for the month of August.

Top Bottom