Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
With a Wii U you wouldn't need a TV for a number of games :lol:

Wii U is much cheaper console but it can not be compared with PS4( in terms of hardware). And oh yes they have best first party titles like zelda and Mario, etc etc but when it comes to third party AAA title they fall much behind from sony or micro soft. but it depends on personal test too, as i have many friends who brought Wii U for games Like Zelda. but again there are many other guys who dont care about them. :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Wii U is much cheaper console but it can not be compared with PS4( in terms of hardware). And oh yes they have best first party titles like zelda and Mario, etc etc but when it comes to third party AAA title they fall much behind from sony or micro soft. but it depends on personal test too, as i have many friends who brought Wii U for games Like Zelda. but again there are many other guys who dont care about them. :)

I don't disagree. More than hardware specs, which are meaningless if the user gets a good experience, it is the games that matter. Also, there are a number of titles outside of Nintendo's kitty that are actually very good, even if they're not exclusive. Not as many as found in the PS4 perhaps but they're there.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
ops sorry for interrupting things but If no display then How will one able to play on PS4.
With Vita bundle :p

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PlayStation U.S. Boss Says He Gave Up His PS4 So Someone Could Buy One

There's shortage of PS4's everywhere. This thing is selling like crazy.
Wonder if they can provide enough for the India launch.

5 PS4 games We Want Sony to Announce

Sony has some serious announcements including new ip's.

Sony: We Haven't Created an Artificial Shortage of PS4 Stock

Sony has broken virtually every system sales record in history with the PlayStation 4, but that’s not stopped some people from pondering whether it’s attempting to increase demand by holding back stock. Unsurprisingly, SCEA president Jack Tretton has rubbished such claims, stating that the company’s working around the clock to get new units on store shelves as promptly as possible.
“I get asked a lot if we’ve created an artificial shortage in order to create a feeding frenzy, and the answer is no,” he explained on the PlayStation Blogcast.

“We have competition out there and there are lots of things that people can spend money on. The holidays only come around once a year, so that’s when we really want to take advantage of the market opportunity.”

Tretton added that the firm shipped every single unit that it could get its hands on ahead of the system’s North American launch, and that resulted in record-breaking sales. “We put a ton of machines out there – we’re at over 2.1 million worldwide now – but we are a global company,” he said. “That means that we’re now in 32 countries and there are a lot of mouths to feed.”

The executive continued that while the numbers are good, they’re clearly still considerably short of demand. “There’s additional product coming into the marketplace between now and the end of the holidays,” he reassured. “Our fiscal year ends on 31st March, so there’ll be great supplies coming post-Christmas, too.”

With the system selling one million units within its first day on sale in North America, the suit continued that it takes several weeks of stockpiling in order to attain such impressive figures. “We had multiple months of production time leading up to the release of the first units, and now they’re going out of the door as quickly as they come in,” he emphasised.

According to Tretton, the firm made 12,000 units available to Amazon.com last week, and they all sold out within 27 minutes. “It breaks my heart if somebody’s got $400 in their hand and they want a PS4 but we can't sell them one, so we’re going to try very hard to make sure that we can,” he stressed. “I don’t have a device yet because I said to sell it.”

But has Sony spread itself too thin with this launch? The console is establishing an install base in regions where the Xbox One isn’t even available yet – but there’s always the danger that the limited supply in battlegrounds such as North America and the UK could turn consumers towards the competition.

PlayStation India Boss on PS4: “We are Being Deemed Technically Superior”

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Costs way more, don't you think?

Can we just stick to PS4 and its titles here (if any) and not talk about Wii U?? If you remember, you were one of them who argued much on these terms in the same thread of future consoles (the mods split the thread and put a strong statement in the heading of each sibling threads) before and lets not get or provoke some fan boys here and get into an arguement.

So far, you were insisting on a look at what Wii U offers (a spark), but this can potentially be a war if someone thinks of lighting a cigar in the spark. So lets avoid that.

PS:: Only peace intended and I am no moral police.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
like i told you before

ps4 launched in india for 39,990 will be available from January 6

fair price not too good not too bad ..

Sony PlayStation 4 launched in India for Rs 39,990, will be available from January 6 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I have decided long back that I wont upgrade until they stop games for ps3 and ps4 has some exclusive games in its kitty. I also told my frnds that I am expecting issues with the release of new gen and it might all be addressed by the next version of the new gen consoles.

Considering all these, I was expecting myself to own a ps4 only after an year or so of its release over the world. And I think I am right on it so far.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
LOL price
Isn't it possible to get htpc gaming setup with controllers ? remote control ? for 40k ? value much over ps4!

How will one play first party exclusives without the PS4. Sony is well-known in the gaming industry for delivering beautiful first party experiences.
Some of them has been genre defining. See some of the best games of PS3 and you'll know. Games like "Journey", "Shadow of the Colossus","Heavy Rain","The Last Of Us" cannot be experienced anywhere. I'm a huge huge "Metal Gear Solid" fan. How will i play it if i don't own a console and have a 2 lakh + gaming rig? Different people have different priorities.

Its not only about the hardware but also the number of studios and developers involved. Console gaming exists due to these factors.

P.S - Besides, that 40k setup won't be able to outdo a PS4 in gaming performance. You need to spend much more than that.
And PS4 is in its infancy and these are launch titles. It has lots and lots of untapped power.

Last edited:
Top Bottom