Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guerrilla Games: PS4 Pushes 26,000 Building Blocks In Killzone Shadow Fall; PS3 Did 7 to 8K Blocks

PS4 vs Xbox One: Clockspeed Battle Says PS4 Likely Ahead

Reverse engineered PS4 APU reveals the console’s real CPU and GPU specs

PS4 vs. Xbox One: Side-by-side speed tests to decide which console is faster (video)

Assassin's Creed 4 foliage comparison - shows why next gen graphics matter

These next-gen consoles are no doubt much powerful.

gamerbloke

Broken In
Calm the hell down everyone.
Watch out, we've got a badass over here :p

I already said 2-3 times before to stop this conversation further but still people are provoking..... don't know derailing the topic! if they intend to do it definitely will get gud replies :p

Watch out, we've got a badass over here :p

Seriously i want to use some really "Lovely" words for u but there are ethics to be followed so.... wait till next time :)

I have a question if i buy a game for PS4 can i share the disk with multiple people.... i mean is there activation kind of thing which works only for one person??
whatever is ur reply, does it stand same for PS3 also??

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Most of the times its funny to know that the simplest answer for lot of questions is google.

We think we are so sophisticated that we ask everything that even seem dumb at times in the forums for the sake of asking and increasing the post count.

PS:: Any resemblance to any person or any attacks direct/indirect is purely unintended and only a coincidence.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Notice how the foliage is static.

You didn't notice clearly i guess. The foliage is static in ps3/x360 version. PS4/XOne and PC versions are totally different.
The leaves fully interact with the character, as he passes through. The physics effects are completely noticeable.
Its in the 2nd half of the video.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You didn't notice clearly i guess. The foliage is static in ps3/x360 version. PS4/XOne and PC versions are totally different.
The leaves fully interact with the character, as he passes through. The physics effects are completely noticeable.
Its in the 2nd half of the video.

My comment was on the X360.

Also, the foliage does not really interact accurately with the player model in the XO version.

Gollum

Collector
I already said 2-3 times before to stop this conversation further but still people are provoking..... don't know derailing the topic! if they intend to do it definitely will get gud replies :p

Seriously i want to use some really "Lovely" words for u but there are ethics to be followed so.... wait till next time :)

I have a question if i buy a game for PS4 can i share the disk with multiple people.... i mean is there activation kind of thing which works only for one person??
whatever is ur reply, does it stand same for PS3 also??
you can share discs ps3 and 4
to play online, pay for the PSN

Sony Introduces New PS4/PS Vita Ultimate Bundle

Vita/PS4 'Ultimate' bundle in-bound this year

I was gonna wait for that but then I could not so I bought the vita for 17k. I bought my ps3 for 17k too.

Not for Sony Computer Entertainment.

Only Sony Electronics.

FWIW, India will get the units that also go to Russia. These are the EMEA units IIRC.

Oh I didn't know that it was this way. All I hope for is that the console is defect free when it reaches india. I wanna get either drive club or infamouse or dying light if it comes to india at ps4 launch

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I was gonna wait for that but then I could not so I bought the vita for 17k. I bought my ps3 for 17k too.

Congrats on the vita.:) Pics??

Infamous Second Son - High res images

Uncharted 4 MoCap Has Begun, A Bounty of Apples Confirmed

My comment was on the X360.

Also, the foliage does not really interact accurately with the player model in the XO version.

Foliage interaction is identical across next-gen systems and PC. No differences in them apart from the fact that XOne version of AC4 runs at 720p.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Foliage interaction is identical across next-gen systems and PC. No differences in them apart from the fact that XOne version of AC4 runs at 720p.

Obviously. I said the PC is can do better. Not the same as AC's foliage is better on PC.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
New Footage of PS4 Exclusive Driveclub Looks Amazing, Shows Day and Dusk Racing

Wow!!!! Driveclub looks kickass. This title really shows the true power of PS4, that too so early in its lifecycle. I would say this looks better than NFS rivals and more natural than forza 5.

PS4 looks set to break records at launch

U.K launch is going to be huge. Gamers have gone crazy there.

PlayStation UK Provides Hundreds of Gamers in Line for a PS4 With Blankets and Pizza

Sony has shown tremendous marketing skills promoting PS4. Everything seem to be going their way.

PlayStation 4 Makes It To ‘Page 3′ In UK, Overtakes Long Running Glamour Models

This is surprising. The page is dedicated to players!!!!

This Is How Long The Line Was For PlayStation 4 Outside Sony Center In Berlin

Just look at that line. Europe has gone crazy over PS4.

CD PROJEKT: PS4 IS A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THAN X1

The complication lies in API. They also admitted that there's plenty of untapped power in there. Its a compliment actually.

I didn't post this earlier. My companion for the PS4
*imageshack.com/a/img571/6500/vpw0.jpg

Congrats buddy. Indeed a worthy companion. :))

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector

Wow!!!! Driveclub looks kickass. This title really shows the true power of PS4, that too so early in its lifecycle. I would say this looks better than NFS rivals and more natural than forza 5.

PlayStation UK Provides Hundreds of Gamers in Line for a PS4 With Blankets and Pizza

Sony has shown tremendous marketing skills promoting PS4. Everything seem to be going their way.

The complication lies in API. They also admitted that there's plenty of untapped power in there. Its a compliment actually.

bought gravity rush today.
touch of vita is so strong that it can reguster touch even without touching the screen at 1.5mm lol.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
bought gravity rush today.
touch of vita is so strong that it can register touch even without touching the screen at 1.5mm lol.

Wow great. :) Vita's build quality is impeccable. So is the display.

PlayStation EU Honcho Silences Pundit Blaming PS4 for Kids Playing Too Much: “Look After Your Kids Better”

Lol :rofl:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

DriveClub does look good, but the handling, man, I'm disappointed. Look at how R8 turns. :< But yeah, PS4 owned this gen. Also heard that, max life cycle of PS4 would be 3-4 years.

Gollum

Collector
Wow great. :) Vita's build quality is impeccable. So is the display.

PlayStation EU Honcho Silences Pundit Blaming PS4 for Kids Playing Too Much: “Look After Your Kids Better”

Lol :rofl:

and the best part is that the little thing feels heavy and expensive in your hands.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
DriveClub does look good, but the handling, man, I'm disappointed. Look at how R8 turns. :< But yeah, PS4 owned this gen. Also heard that, max life cycle of PS4 would be 3-4 years.

I couldn't notice the handling part. Looked fine to me. Lets wait some more for Driveclub to show up properly. Btw, yes, Sony bosses had said that PS4's PLC will be short than PS3, which is a good thing. The rate at which hardware technology is progressing, a new iteration sooner down the line is always good to keep things rolling.

Sony Selling PlayStation 4 Near Break-Even Point, IHS Says

Its not even a month since release and they're already reaching break-even point. Astonishingly, the console hasn't even launched worldwide, but only in America and Europe.

Kojima: The Phantom Pain will come out when there are many PlayStation 4 owners

I guess the launch is near. PS4 owners list is increasing rapidly. I guess he's waiting for PS4's Japanese release.

(Update) - PS4 - Sony Store and 800 consoles counter attract the world (our pictures and videos)

Witness The Crazy Stampede Of People Getting The PlayStation 4 At Launch in France

PS4 Paints GameStop UK’s Top 10 Chart Almost Fully Blue, 11 Out of First 12 Items are PS4 Products

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PS4 has sold over 250k in the UK

Over 250k PS4 consoles were sold in the UK in the machine’s first 48 hours on sale.

Retail sources have confirmed the extent of PS4’s tremendous performance to MCV following Chart-Track’s confirmation this morning that PS4 is the UK’s fastest selling console ever.

MCV estimates that UK PS4 sales reached approximately £87m during this period.

Note that these figures are only for UK and not entire Europe. Its a phenomenal achievement for Sony and AMD.

Xbox One also sold 150k units which is fantastic too.

Xbox One sold in the region of 150k units in its first 48 hours on sale.

This means that the current-gen trio (which until recently referred to as ‘next-gen’) already enjoys an install base of around 600k units in the UK. Both PS4 and Xbox have already comfortably outsold Nintendo’s Wii U, which was released in the UK over a year ago.

PS4 fastest-selling console in UK history

UK PS4 sales surpass Wii U's lifetime total

PS4 Sells Over 2.1 Million Units Globally

Speaking about the global 2.1 million figure, House said, "It's an impressive and record-setting accomplishment for our company and for our industry, and we couldn't have done it without you. I want to personally thank PlayStation fans, both old and new, for your vote of confidence.

Sony reveals 2.1 million global PS4 sales

SONY SOLD 700K PS4 UNITS IN EUROPE AND AUSTRALASIA

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sony in Talks to Purchase Factory That Manufactures the Embedded DRAM “Heart” of the Wii U

One of the most important components of Nintendo’s Wii U is its embedded DRAM chip, that is considered the “heart” or the “life stone” of the console. That chip is manufactured at the state-of-the-art Renesas Electronics plant of Tsuruoka, in the Yamagata Prefecture, Japan.
Back in August we reported Renesas’ plans to close the factory due to the sluggish sales of the console, that caused a decline in production of the chip, that was responsible for more than half of the manufacturing load of the plant, but things may yet go differently.
Today several Japanese sources, starting with the morning edition of the Nihon Keizai Shimbun newspaper and followed by several reputable business sources like Toyo Keizai, Nikkei, Reuters, Sankei Digital, Mainichi and Asahi Digital, reported that Sony is currently in talks with Renesas for the acquisition of the Tsuruoka plant.
The process for the acquisition may start as early as next week, as Sony is said to plan using the well known expertise of the staff at the plant at Tsuruoka to bolster its production of CMOS sensors for smartphones, for which the company is already market leader worldwide.
A successful acquisition would bring hope for the 900 workers at the factory, that until today thought they were destined to lose their jobs in 2-3 years.
On the other hand, the effect of such an operation on the production of the embedded DRAM for the Wii U is unknown, even if Nintendo is said to have considerable stocks of the component, so the console shouldn’t suffer in the short term even if production of the chip at Tsuruoka were to be completely halted.

This ain't PS4 news, but a pretty important one for the video game industry.

See more here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/...-wii-no-trolling-post2040369.html#post2040369

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hidden Features of the PS4

Whilst these features are by no means, genuinely hidden. There perhaps features that consumers are less likely to stumble upon of their own accord. I mean I’m sure their documented somewhere in the instruction manual already, but seriously who’s reading that instead of playing on their shiny new system? Below are several features that are incredibly handy, yet not so obvious. Hopefully you’ll find some of them to be of use.

Make any set of headphones ‘wireless’

I say this tentatively as they are by no means genuinely wireless. However if you go Settings > Audio Output Settings > Output to Headphones and change this from ‘Chat Only’ to ‘All Audio’ the PS4 will output all of the games audio to the 3.5mm jack on your controller. Why this is useful? This enables you to listen to your games audio via headphones at any distance from your television, regardless of whether your headphones are wireless or not, incredibly useful if you have a big TV, but no wireless headphones and want to keep the noise down or just immerse yourself in your own little Assassins Creed IV audio bubble.

Using your Dual Shock 4s gyros to type

If you press R3 on any text entry window that brings up the PS4′s native keyboard, you can enable motion controlled typing. This might sound gimmicky, but it’s surprisingly precise. I was able to navigate across keys much faster than I can with the d-pad, whilst it’s still no substitute for an actual keyboard you might find this one useful when using the web browser or typing messages to friends on games like Warframe.

Using a PS Vita as an extra controller

Not exactly ideal, but functional all the same. In order to use a PS Vita as an extra controller you need to use remote play. In order to do this, you have to configure remote play so that it can access the PS4. Select the PS4 connection app on the Vita, then the one on PS4 and input the referred code to your Vita. Once done, simply connect via remote play, by doing so your Vita effectively becomes controller one. Now use your dual shock 4 controller to log into a different account and serve as controller two. Viola, 2 player knack with a Vita and dual shock 4. As I say it’s not ideal, but it’s handy all the same, particularly when Sony are asking for £40 for a PS4 controller right now, and there’s very few games which can really justify that purchase. Furthering this functionality you could even use this to play locally, remotely. Want to play with family at home whilst your at work? it’s possible, not practical or necessarily enjoyable, but possible nonetheless!

Have your PS4 download your content, and charge your controllers whilst your out

Again not so much a hidden feature but one that’s turned off by default. In order to enable these options go to Settings > Power Saver Settings > Set Functions Available in Standby Mode. Under this option you have three more settings; Supply Power from USB Ports, Connect to the Internet and Enable Turning On of PS4 from Network. The latter of which is useful if you want to initiate remote play without your PS4 actually being on at the time, but enabling the two former options will enable your PS4 to send power to its USB ports, and connect to the internet even when it is turned off. This means your games will always be updated, and your controllers will always be charged (provided you plug them in once your done for the day of course). The flipside to this is your increasing your consoles power consumption when it’s in its ‘off’ state, so I guess you’ll need to weigh these options up against your own environmental conscience.

Double tap the Playstation button to snap back to the previous overlay

If you double tap the PS button when your using the PS4s menu overlaying a game, you’ll snap right back into your game, instantly. So say your constantly referencing your trophies to check criteria and what you’ve unlocked. Simply double tap PS from the trophy menu to go back into your game, then again from there you can double tap the PS button again to go back to the trophy menu. This circumvents the need to go through the menu and then to the trophy option each time you want to pause the action to check something on the Playstation’s operating system. Whilst it’s not quite as neat as the snap feature on the XBOX One, it certainly makes multitasking easier than it would be otherwise.

Unfortunately that’s all for now. There are many other little quirks in the PS4s OS that are perhaps less obvious, but these where what we felt were the PS4s most overlooked, less obvious features. Hopefully some of you didn’t discover on your own, and indeed prove useful to you.

Pretty handy i must say.

Top Bottom