Sony PlayStation 4 discussion | Trolls will be banned

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup huge win for AMD and Sony indeed for putting together such a highly competitive device. The noteworthy part is that it sold 1 million units within 24 hours of launch, that too only in North America as it isn't launched anywhere else yet. The numbers are mind boggling and this makes the PS4 the fastest selling console at launch, in video game history. :)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Now the Next-Gen of Squeakers will migrate to the PeeEs Fo from the EcksBawks TweeSixtee
The worst among the squeakers are the
Squeakerus Anglis,Also known as the English(British) Squeaker
*puts on fake English Accent*
Mum,ca you ge me a ps4?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Now the Next-Gen of Squeakers will migrate to the PeeEs Fo from the EcksBawks TweeSixtee
The worst among the squeakers are the
Squeakerus Anglis,Also known as the English(British) Squeaker
*puts on fake English Accent*
Mum,ca you ge me a ps4?

Never diss Brits. Nevah! *Mike Caine-style*

PS4 rawx! Fu(k PC.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
PS4 is expected to be around 40k in India.That makes the 500GB PS3 at 20k seem like a steal even though 20k is also overpriced.
Also PS4 games at 4.5k each makes PS3 games at 2.5k each a steal even though 2.5k is also too much(Older titles cost even less).

Gollum

Collector
PS4 is expected to be around 40k in India.That makes the 500GB PS3 at 20k seem like a steal even though 20k is also overpriced.
Also PS4 games at 4.5k each makes PS3 games at 2.5k each a steal even though 2.5k is also too much(Older titles cost even less).

anyone who can spend 40k on a ps4 can surely afford a game at 4.5k too.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
One hardcore console fan-guy on IVG after seeing the news about ps4 games being 4.5k
AnK said:
Where is a good place in Delhi to build a PC?
BTW 4.5K are the prices of EA games,Sony FP games may come @ 3.8K(or 3799,in suit-speak)which is by no means cheap :p
I got the magical 3.8k figure since GT6 is on pre-order for the same

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
anyone who can spend 40k on a ps4 can surely afford a game at 4.5k too.

Also, PS3 is priced at ~20K from some time now. It never came down after the release/launch of PS4. Besides, some of the latest games on PS3 is touching 3.5K at release.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I think those stream processors + 2 Gb Ram are for Video Capturing + Compression/Encoding feature of PS4

Why?

I hope you realize that there are no binning options for Sony with these processors. They can either match the spec or exceed it, but they cannot go below it. If they don't comply with the spec, then they have to be discarded- you cannot repair them in that lithographic level. By disabling two units, they can ensure that more chips pass the spec.

Remember that Sony has to cough up the costs for not only working chips, but also failed ones. It is a decision to keep the rate of change of the bank balance with respect to money positive, not negative.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Those extra CUs - No. They're there for redundancy to improve yields.

Rest all for video capturing, whatever et cetera? may be.

Nah it's none of that. That extra chip and it's 256MB of RAM are nothing more than the dedicated network processor that Sony had talked about during the PS4 announcement itself.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
In an age where Samsung is selling over 40 million S4s in 6 months, 1 million seems trivial and i think Ps4 wont reach 40 million mark anytime soon in 6 months.

Gollum

Collector
In an age where Samsung is selling over 40 million S4s in 6 months, 1 million seems trivial and i think Ps4 wont reach 40 million mark anytime soon in 6 months.

samsung is selling phones, whereas a console is targeted only for a specific consumer group.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: 5 Reasons the PlayStation 4 Will Be a Must Own Console for Gamers

My point was sony does not make as much financial profit making consoles as samsung does simply making phones

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Re: 5 Reasons the PlayStation 4 Will Be a Must Own Console for Gamers

My point was sony does not make as much financial profit making consoles as samsung does simply making phones

Dude.. They are two different businesses and cant be compared to each other. A thought on it before posting it would have avoided an unintended post :)

Top Bottom