Software that will protect pics uploaded on the net from being copied

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys as the title suggests I want to upload some pics which others can view however they should not be able to copy these pics to their local machine. Is their anyway I can achieve this using any software.

Gollum

Collector
no way possible, if they can be viewed, they an be copied.
remember screen capture with the print screen button on the keyboard
>With this, no matter what you do, if the webpage displays the photo, it can and will be copied

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
Simply NO. :-(
There no software which protect your images.
yes there is some copyright setting available in image sharing sites like Flickr,Picasa etc but no Use.

Because windows 7 tools i.e snipping tools or screen capture software or downthemall addon of mozilla firefox(refer:link)

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
As suggested by the users above, there is no way that you can upload a picture in the net and users cant copy them on their machine if they want.

There are many addons in mozilla and extensions in chrome, which can simply be used and the all the picture gets saved on your system. So, practically speaking, even if you find some picture uploading site where right click is restrained, you can never be sure.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes.
There is a way to stop your images being copied.

Don't put them online. :p

clmlbx

Technomancer
hey are you talking about in General or any particular website you want to upload.. if on personal host their are many precautions you can take which will make it very hard to copy..

noob

Cyborg Agent
hey are you talking about in General or any particular website you want to upload.. if on personal host their are many precautions you can take which will make it very hard to copy..

LOL..how hard is to take a screenshot using "Prt Scr" or snipping tool of windows 7. Anything you do to prevent copying is waste of time and energy. :razz:

Yes.
There is a way to stop your images being copied.

Don't put them online. :p

Perfect answer IMO :cool:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

You really think, any software can beat the good ol' print screen button on everyone's keyboard?

hjthegeek

Broken In
Impossible !!!

1. If you add some javascript code to prevent it from copying, then the stealer will just disable javascript and steal it.
2. If you use flash, then screen capture can be used or flash file can be decompiled to extract the images
3. If you use a white banner overlapping the image to prevent it from copying my view image option, stealer can view the source code to get the original file
4. Even if you use any other option then still it can be downloaded as when we load a page with images, it is downloaded in our temporary files.

I will suggest best you add copyright in center of your images or don't upload it on net. One more thing you can upload low resolution photos on web. Good Luck!

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ well print screen can only capture what shows on screen.. I was thinking to use well for first it will only work in self host /website.

Idea was to use. jquery plugin like zoomify.. which is mostly used for high resolution images to show it in limited box. so if whole image is not displayed on screen many will move ahead. and I already said it will make it difficult and not impossible.. even to capture it just use hoverzoom extention in chrome.. and then again default print screen..

If you disable right click on image(again only on self host) you are protected by least 50% viewers .

then keeping it in Database and showing dynamically on page.. will extend more security

using jquery plugin so whole image is never shown on page.

you will never do 100% but it will be just few who can get it thru

hjthegeek

Broken In
^^ well print screen can only capture what shows on screen.. I was thinking to use well for first it will only work in self host /website.

Idea was to use. jquery plugin like zoomify.. which is mostly used for high resolution images to show it in limited box. so if whole image is not displayed on screen many will move ahead. and I already said it will make it difficult and not impossible.. even to capture it just use hoverzoom extention in chrome.. and then again default print screen..

If you disable right click on image(again only on self host) you are protected by least 50% viewers .

then keeping it in Database and showing dynamically on page.. will extend more security

using jquery plugin so whole image is never shown on page.

you will never do 100% but it will be just few who can get it thru

That 50 % even doesn't matter. One who is committed to copy your pictures, will do it.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^ 50% is much better for personal non essential use.. In today's world nothing is secured in cyber world.. with recent news like facebook, yahoo, hotmail being hacked .. what ever you do in cyber world their will be always at least one hacker saying nope not secured me gonna hack it..

so you are almost secured unless you are posting some da vinci art or something. If not then you are pretty good with 50% security.

@ op which site and what type of photos.?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - before uploading just put your preferred watermark on the images ( preferably your name, website name, a little copyright info on the bottom etc. ) - it would make your photos of your own - this is the best way to protect your photos if you put them online .

y2j826

Journeyman
Watermarking is the best option, you can watermark it at any part of the picture but still it can be re-encoded too, better not to upload it on net...

root.king

geek in action
or u can do like this,if u r going to add pic in your own webpage ,cut your pic say 9 equal part and then upload it to diffrent host then embed it to html code.
Does this work guys

hjthegeek

Broken In
or u can do like this,if u r going to add pic in your own webpage ,cut your pic say 9 equal part and then upload it to diffrent host then embed it to html code.
Does this work guys

That a lot of hassle, I don't think it will be a benefit as someone can still screenclip. Best bet is watermark else don't upload images on web.

clmlbx

Technomancer
me as graphic designer I tell you .. watermark is not safest option.. their are many jobs to remove watermark from Images..

Top Bottom