Sleeping Dogs

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/8039646065_5ce407a94f_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8039753447_0f014c8687_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8452/8039839130_da15eab247_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8452/8039843314_0ac43f3198_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8177/8039582497_537e8d4a1f_c.jpg

omg, Does it really look sooooo goood ? I'd say its 10x better than GTA graphics. Will it run on HD 6850 on 1366x768 at decent fps ?

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/8039646065_5ce407a94f_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8039753447_0f014c8687_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8452/8039839130_da15eab247_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8452/8039843314_0ac43f3198_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8177/8039582497_537e8d4a1f_c.jpg

omg, Does it really look sooooo goood ? I'd say its 10x better than GTA graphics. Will it run on HD 6850 on 1366x768 at decent fps ?

pratyush997

Inactive

and 10x worse than GTA Vehicle Physics..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ a motorcycle I guess but how come it's on the Bed ?? too bad Wei Shen had to sleep with a bike instead any of the five girls in the game he was flirting with ;-)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah, it looks better than GTA esp when it rains.

and 10x worse than GTA Vehicle Physics..
It was meant to be arcade type. The real fun is hand to hand combat.

Whats that in the second pic above the protagonist on the bed ???
I managed to get the bike inside his room. Oh and you can bring other people too but they will be scared.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it looks better than GTA esp when it rains.

It was meant to be arcade type. The real fun is hand to hand combat.

I managed to get the bike inside his room. Oh and you can bring other people too but they will be scared.

how to do this ??

omg, Does it really look sooooo goood ? I'd say its 10x better than GTA graphics. Will it run on HD 6850 on 1366x768 at decent fps ??

at HD resolution the game gives 19 FPS with everything maxed out - now for 1366*768 resolution do the maths ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very very disappointed with this game, have really high hopes from this. In the end, this is just another console port. Here's my complaints:-

1) Graphics are a big let down. I really don't know what that hi res texture pack has done, but its simply not in the league. Also I don't know, if it uses DX11 or not. If yes, then this is the worst-looking DX11 game I have ever seen.

2) Animations are lol stuff.

3) Game may play well with a controller, but fighting requires too many buttons/clicks, particularly with those special moves.

4) Checkpoint save. Also whenever I restart the game, it starts at my bed.

5) Randomly crashes to desktop a few times.

6) Meelee weapons broke after a few strikes.

7) Learning new tricks is a mission and can't be skipped? WTF!!! :mad:

And many more which I can't really recall atm.

Story is good, and the game really absorbs you on the strength of the story only. But in the end, 900 bucks is too big an amount for this game. Must have waited still Steam offered it under $5.

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy. I must you are the first one to really complain about this game. Everyone liked this game very much. But then again personal choices. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some basic problems and bugs are there, not that I am not at all enjoying it, but mostly in bits and pieces (like hacking stuffs, ramming my cars in the drug bust areas which actually I found is the best way to deal with so many people without visiting to hospital and keep on mindlessly clicking). Mafia series is much much better. I should have saved the money and invest in Dishonored instead, which seems a proper PC game.

Vijaya Dashami pledge: not to read any other game reviews apart from PC Gamer, not even Metacritic. :banghead:

Also, the camera is restrictive. I am walking down the street and want to see the Sun in the sky, but alas, the game won't let me have a free look. :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very very disappointed with this game, have really high hopes from this. In the end, this is just another console port. Here's my complaints:-

1) Graphics are a big let down. I really don't know what that hi res texture pack has done, but its simply not in the league. Also I don't know, if it uses DX11 or not. If yes, then this is the worst-looking DX11 game I have ever seen.

3) Game may play well with a controller, but fighting requires too many buttons/clicks, particularly with those special moves.

Story is good, and the game really absorbs you on the strength of the story only. But in the end, 900 bucks is too big an amount for this game. Must have waited still Steam offered it under $5.

I completely agree with the restrictive camera angle and how to learn a new move - once you start it ( by recovering each statue ) the reward is not really sweet .. they should have at-least keep an option to skip the fighting tutorial.

d3p

PowerHouse

IMO, the Graphics is Above Decent. Atleast better than Spec OPS.

2). Story, Character Selections & Gameplay was really good.

3). May be the gameplay is good with Controller, still TPS Type or Sandbox is more fun to play with KB & Mice.

4). Most of the Sandbox style games follow the same strategy. Same with GTA Series & Just Cause Series.

5). It never happened to me though, not even once. It was patched will the latest updates with Steam.

6). That's something, no one has ever complained. Some in fact appreciated its realism.

7). Learning new tricks is not so difficult or easy. But quite handy, when you go for a fight club.

I would say its worthy compared to Spec Ops. Spec Ops only features good story, rest everything sucks.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
The game has a bit camera problems, like while moving the camera with the mouse,,its more stiffy kidna :/ and controlls are a bit weird.But good game!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I don't think this is a 900 INR game at any stretch of imagination. :(

BTW, game is patched to latest (it's showing 1.6)

IMO, the Graphics is Above Decent. Atleast better than Spec OPS.

2). Story, Character Selections & Gameplay was really good.

3). May be the gameplay is good with Controller, still TPS Type or Sandbox is more fun to play with KB & Mice.

4). Most of the Sandbox style games follow the same strategy. Same with GTA Series & Just Cause Series.

5). It never happened to me though, not even once. It was patched will the latest updates with Steam.

6). That's something, no one has ever complained. Some in fact appreciated its realism.

7). Learning new tricks is not so difficult or easy. But quite handy, when you go for a fight club.

I would say its worthy compared to Spec Ops. Spec Ops only features good story, rest everything sucks.

Haven't played Spec Ops so can't really compare with that particular game.

OK, this game is heading in exact opposite direction of Max Payne 3, whereas my impression just gotten better and better (barring the overuse of cut scenes which is abundantly present here also taking out half of the fun), here it is in downward spiral.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Camera angles/movements were SH!T in this game, especially when driving a car. But about gameplay, well it was good, but you need to time your kicks properly and have a lotta patience when hacking those codes. Even I was so irritated when I couldn't time those punches well (even I punched my monitor once or twice, lol), but gradually it was all smooth, and when it's smooth it's great.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
at-least shooting with a gun is easier than those max payne 3 laser guns ;-) and the game crashed only once during the entire gameply.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Camera angles/movements were SH!T in this game, especially when driving a car. But about gameplay, well it was good, but you need to time your kicks properly and have a lotta patience when hacking those codes. Even I was so irritated when I couldn't time those punches well (even I punched my monitor once or twice, lol), but gradually it was all smooth, and when it's smooth it's great.

Hacking codes are easy. The logic is to start with four consecutive numbers from one end (9876, 0123 etc.), then according to red, green or yellow color work your way out.

anky

Youngling
willl this game run on HP g6-2005ax at med-high settings?
can i get fps above 30 in dese settings?

Top Bottom