Sleeping Dogs

ithehappy

Human Spambot
nope .. not working ( I'm stuck on this mission ) - anyway, will update to version 1.5 and try again.
Tried pressing right and left arrow at a quick succession?

Guys when do this game end, I mean I'm on 77% story completion, 23/30 missions done, still no sign of the final mission? I can't remember a game where I've played this far without completing the main missions of the game!

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse

Guys when do this game end, I mean I'm on 77% story completion, 23/30 missions done, still no sign of the final mission? I can't remember a game where I've played this far without completing the main missions of the game!

You need to get all the side missions, briefcases & street races completed in order to complete the game other than the story.

Its similar to Just Cause 2.

guru_urug

iGoogle
how pick locks ?? I mean I met with not ping .. retrieved the package ..placed the bug but when it comes to lock picking the mouse is not even working - for up down movemnet up/down arrow keys are working though but when the game shows to left click at green zone the left click is not working - so what to do now ??

Hey TG, I was in the same dilema when I first came across that... the trick is to use the arrow keys only. There is absolutely no mouse involvement(atleast thats how I did it). When one of the lock's bar becomes green...press the left arrow key(or 'a') to switch focus to the next(left side) vertical bar.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, done. The longest game I've ever played. After the main mission completion I checked the story progress and it was 100%. Wow.
Overall a nice game, still some things bothered me, as I said the conservative camera while driving and turning is bad, screen started to shake two/three times!, and FPS was dropping after playing for long time, exiting and re-entering did the job. It's graphics intensive too, without a high end card you won't be able to enjoy fully at extreme settings. The audio tracks are, well, some are soothing but some not, there should've been a way to turn off the radio! Graphics, as I said very good, but I was laughing at the non synchronization of the dialogs and lip movement. Gameplay is new, good, when you know how to handle and time those mice clicks. And I liked the story too, it's better than GTA IV at least.
My rating, 7/10.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hey TG, I was in the same dilema when I first came across that... the trick is to use the arrow keys only. There is absolutely no mouse involvement(atleast thats how I did it). When one of the lock's bar becomes green...press the left arrow key(or 'a') to switch focus to the next(left side) vertical bar.

Thanks guys .. I'll try using the arrow keys only.

Anyway, updated to ver. 1.5 but the game did not even start so reverted back to 1.4 and I've backed up save files before.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
The weird thing is I didn't noticed anything. I played old 1.3 version and completed the game with no issue. The game was super easy for me. I think you don't play these types of games this is why you are facing troubles, right?
Completely agree with you. Even i didn't notice anything. Yes maybe at first i thought my mouse was being too sensitive whenever i was driving any vehicle but lateron i just used to leave mouse alone when i was in any vehicle and it seemed to work flawlessly. Infact i am facing more difficulty in driving in GTA 4. As far as martial art is concerned I liked it so much that whenever i used to see a red mark on my radar i would jump off the vehicle just to pick up a fight :p

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Completed the game. Escape from the Building was nicely done. Good game. I don't buy the hype here surrounding this game.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Completely agree with you. Even i didn't notice anything. Yes maybe at first i thought my mouse was being too sensitive whenever i was driving any vehicle but lateron i just used to leave mouse alone when i was in any vehicle and it seemed to work flawlessly. Infact i am facing more difficulty in driving in GTA 4. As far as martial art is concerned I liked it so much that whenever i used to see a red mark on my radar i would jump off the vehicle just to pick up a fight :p

doing exactly same and I like to jump off to anther vehicle using Q - this thing is a great fun if timed correctly ;-)

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Completed the game in just 3 dayz . Feel very dissapointed for a very short main campaign . Side mission were Ok but racing mission were a little boring .

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Completed the game in just 3 dayz . Feel very dissapointed for a very short main campaign . Side mission were Ok but racing mission were a little boring .
Very short? How long did you play in those 3 days? I took 12 hours, and it's more than an average games duration which is about 8/9 hours.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Very short? How long did you play in those 3 days? I took 12 hours, and it's more than an average games duration which is about 8/9 hours.

Around 10-12 hour . Game is long but the main campaign felt too short . We date four different girls and then they dissapear from the game like they were taken by aliens . As there is no multiplayer , it should be more lengthy . But there will be lots of dlc coming , i rather keep it in my hard disk.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I've played this game more than 12 Hrs so far ;-) mainly because of side missions and car jacking and so far the story is just too good for a open world game like this .. actually this the first open world GTA type game I'm going to complete.

gameranand

Living to Play
Nowadays if gameplay is like 15+ hrs. Then its quite good considering the fact that games last for less then 6 hrs these days.

Top Bottom