Sleeping Dogs

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
started playing the game - game play, action, gfx, story everything is great so far - only issue I'm facing is with camera angle and riding on a bike sucks too though there is no issue with driving a car.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Still not impressed with the story (stolen watches). I just stood over the roof of cop's car and they started blaring siren in my pursuit. Escaped to a high rise building climbing upon the scaffolding and cops were unable to reach me over there.

rider

as Kratos
Still not impressed with the story (stolen watches). I just stood over the roof of cop's car and they started blaring siren in my pursuit. Escaped to a high rise building climbing upon the scaffolding and cops were unable to reach me over there.

The real game is not started yet, there are lots of surprises and suspense.

abhidev

Human Spambot
yea man...I was so involved with the story...that...

I was actually angry when Winston was killed during his wedding day :-x

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Just got my copy :-D, now gotta take a break from bf3.........

EDIT: I have to say the packing is unimpressive, it comes in a cardboard box, distributors really need to start providing DVD cases. The only distributor I've come across, that gives DVD cases, is Milestone Interactive.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
one question ?? say I was not able to beat up all the guys before hacking a camera and when I use the TV on apartment to watch over that surveillance camera there's no gang members for cops to play with - how can I make those gang members re-appear in front of that camera again ??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
why dont the devs use something like "Euphoria Engine" for ped physics?
this game has graphics of GTA4 class, but physics engine of GTA SA.
it peds are made of concrete, you cant push them.
anyways, played about an hour, its an okay game so far.

Lord073

Journeyman
The story of the game is quite good IMO and I feel myself emotionally involved with it. I love open-world games but I never liked the GTA series probably due to the lack of an engaging story, but Sleeping Dogs is different. BTW Winston's mother (Mrs. Chu) is a lovely character.
yea man...I was so involved with the story...that...

I was actually angry when Winston was killed during his wedding day :-x

Yeah, the wedding was a disaster. I felt very bad for Winston and especially Peggy (She was so excited for the wedding the day before when she went shopping with Wei Shen), although I somehow knew that something bad was gonna happen in the wedding.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^She is not as lovely as u wud think :p. She is a tough old lady :). Loving this game so far. Actually to me this game is more like an experience and I am loving it :-D

dan4u

Took Off!!!
The story of the game is quite good IMO and I feel myself emotionally involved with it. I love open-world games but I never liked the GTA series probably due to the lack of an engaging story, but Sleeping Dogs is different. BTW Winston's mother (Mrs. Chu) is a lovely character.
yea the story in GTA IV was not all that engaging, I played gta iv 2 years ago and left it after about 18%, again I started it 2 weeks ago and finished 50%, I just want to finish it for the heck of it ....gta v better have a good story....

rider

as Kratos
^^She is not as lovely as u wud think :p. She is a tough old lady :). Loving this game so far. Actually to me this game is more like an experience and I am loving it :-D

I like the way when she asks wein to bring some person for personal interrogation. :mrgreen:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I am a red pole now. I think I will be the one here who thinks that story is nothing new and there is no emotional attachment with any character. Seeing that I can kill anyone off the street, doesn't get any serious. It's decent but not WOW.

Mafia still ranks higher and the missions in that were ace.

Lord073

Journeyman
^^She is not as lovely as u wud think :p. She is a tough old lady :).
Oh yeah, of course. I know she's quite good with her cleaver :p.

I like the way when she asks wein to bring some person for personal interrogation. :mrgreen:
...and also the way she butchers that person after interrogation :mrgreen:

Mafia still ranks higher and the missions in that were ace.
Mafia was a rare gem. Nothing, in the open-world action/adventure genre, comes even close to it in terms of story. But while Mafia reigns supreme, Sleeping Dogs IMO deserves the second spot.

Top Bottom