Sleeping Dogs

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
If you guys are talking about Mafia 1 then I agree that its missions were ace and so was story. Mafia II's story was better than 99% of the movies(i am talking about good movies here) but the mission's fell short of expectation IMO. The gunfight actually became boring by the end but story made up for it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
one question ?? say I was not able to beat up all the guys before hacking a camera and when I use the TV on apartment to watch over that surveillance camera there's no gang members for cops to play with - how can I make those gang members re-appear in front of that camera again ??

figured this out ;-) and had some good time with Amanda.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
figured this out ;-) and had some good time with Amanda.

Amanda voice is played by "EMMA STONE" i took amanda only once outside , wat happens to her ? i cant call amanda again i got another gal friend & she also cheated - wei figured out she is cheating then both says bye & left ? wat is this ?

abhidev

Human Spambot
I have played GTA-SA(maybe just 10%), Just cause, NFS, Batman....and Sleeping dogs has picked all the good parts from all these games pretty effectively....no story till now can matchup with Mafia-I...but sleeping dogs is modern in that sense and is on based all together in a different setting, n it definitely is one of the best (underworld based) open world game with cinematic action and a good story.

Last edited:

Lord073

Journeyman
All right, I finished the main story. Although the end was a bit predictable, it was quite satisfying, I think.

BTW if anyone is interested in playing the game in first-person, then there is a mod available:

Sleeping Dogs Almost Looks Better in First-Person Mode

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks for the nice find .. I may try that.

Amanda voice is played by "EMMA STONE" i took amanda only once outside , wat happens to her ? i cant call amanda again i got another gal friend & she also cheated - wei figured out she is cheating then both says bye & left ? wat is this ?

Are you talking about 'Photograph Amanda' mission ??

and about her read this ;-)

According to a background report found on Wei's phone by the HKPD, Amanda has been seen flirting with other males of Chinese origin besides Wei.

but who knows - on some future DLC we may get to see her again ( if there's strong demand for her in the community ) ;-) and it's always good to see a pretty face like that.

rider

as Kratos

Nothing, just special appearance by emma stone to promote the game. Yes, she is just in couple of side missions thats it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Just started today, 17% completed. I don't know, I don't like this game much! I mean I don't like this hand to hand combat stuffs at all. Graphics are very very good. But the Camera work is poor, especially when while driving a car. And how on earth can I turn off the Radio? It's like Arkham City, Mice and KB is being tortured and I don't like it :(
How do you guys are handling these thugs anyway? I ran them over by a car last time :lol:

rider

as Kratos
Just started today, 17% completed. I don't know, I don't like this game much! I mean I don't like this hand to hand combat stuffs at all. Graphics are very very good. But the Camera work is poor, especially when while driving a car. And how on earth can I turn off the Radio? It's like Arkham City, Mice and KB is being tortured and I don't like it :(
How do you guys are handling these thugs anyway? I ran them over by a car last time :lol:

update to 1.5 version to fix camera and driving issue. The combats are the soul of the game, just follow the instruction and learn the art of martial art. The best thing I like in fighting is to grapple by pressing F and again clicking F on the red highlighted area. Always press right click for defense and counter attack the opponent at correct timming when it just start showing him with red colour. Best of luck!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks Rider. Actually I'm on 1.5 version, still I don't like the camera angles, it doesn't go anymore upwards, gets locked at a place. And yes, I have to learn the martial art thingy it seems.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
how pick locks ?? I mean I met with not ping .. retrieved the package ..placed the bug but when it comes to lock picking the mouse is not even working - for up down movemnet up/down arrow keys are working though but when the game shows to left click at green zone the left click is not working - so what to do now ??

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Anyone playing the game with Xbox Controller... i feel it is is better than Keyboard and mouse play... opening locks and fighting is super quick using the controller

ithehappy

Human Spambot
how pick locks ?? I mean I met with not ping .. retrieved the package ..placed the bug but when it comes to lock picking the mouse is not even working - for up down movemnet up/down arrow keys are working though but when the game shows to left click at green zone the left click is not working - so what to do now ??
Press Enter?

rider

as Kratos
Thanks Rider. Actually I'm on 1.5 version, still I don't like the camera angles, it doesn't go anymore upwards, gets locked at a place. And yes, I have to learn the martial art thingy it seems.

The weird thing is I didn't noticed anything. I played old 1.3 version and completed the game with no issue. The game was super easy for me. I think you don't play these types of games this is why you are facing troubles, right?

Anyone playing the game with Xbox Controller... i feel it is is better than Keyboard and mouse play... opening locks and fighting is super quick using the controller

I played with keyboard and mouse. It was quite difficult as it requires right timing and patience.

Top Bottom