1. CPU fan working perfectly.
2. Rear Exhaust Fan spinning but not pushing any air out at all.
3. Front Inlet Fan not working.
And While installing CPU I used the default Compound came with HS but had to remove it after 2-3 mins for fitting something else and then resetted again. Is this causing poor cooling of CPU? Because I checked various forums and Phenoms are idling around 30 and go to 60 MAX on Prime 95 with stock setts while mine Idles at 48 and Prime pushed it to 79 deg stable.
So I am replacing the 2 Fans of the Cabinet which are 120 mm I think and Replacing Thermal Compound. Any recommendations for the fan?
1. Replaced Stock Cooler with EVO.
2. Cleaned and reapplied New TIM that came with EVO.
3. Acetone used while cleaning it and worked like charm. CPU removed from Mobo before removing TIM as acetone reacts with certain plastics so didn't wanted to take risk.
4. Replaced the Non function rear exhaust CM 120 fan with Sunbeam 120 mm 21 db Fan.
5. Removed dust and cleared the cable clutter a bit.
6. The side panel Chimney thrown to dustbin.
1. I can't figure out how to remove the Front Fan of the CM Elite 335. No Clue how to access it as from the looks of it, it needs to be accessed from front which is covered.
1. CPU Idles at 37 Now. Prime 6-7 Mins and it stabilize at 52 Deg. This is WAY To LOW as compared to earlier temps.
2. HDD Temp came down by 12 Deg to 35 Deg Odd. This will further reduce if I can fix replace that damn front Fan as it is required to Blow the Air on HDD and GFX. 560 Ti is still awaited and will come tomorrow.
nvm I got the Front Fan fitted. So Front is Inlet and Rear is exhaust.
@ Sam you said 3 Fans are needed. Do you mean 3 Case Fans? There is only provision for 2. I have to Mod the side panel to fit 3rd to blow air on GFX
Front panels usually have their own screws visible on the inside of the box. Once you get that out, you can find where and how the front inlet fan is fastened. Many cabinets just have a way of accommodating the front fan onto the metal part of the cabinet by a snap-into-place method.
remove the black air duct from the side panel and you will be able to use a 80mm case fan there but make sure that the fan won't touch Evo and on the blank mesh of the side panel you can attach a 80/120 mm fan to improve the cooling further
Well Point 1: You can't attach the EVO till you get rid of the chimney. There is absolutely no Space left between panel and EVO (2 mm to be precise) so There is a No Go.
80 mm Fan at bottom is quite possible though. Enough room left between that and GFX. So that will make
1 80 mm Fan blowing Air directly on GFX
1 120 mm Fan blowing air on HDD which then goes on to GFX
1 120 mm Exhaust.
1 120 mm CPU Fan