Should I Upgrade My Monitor ?

jabber

Broken In
Hello Friends,
I'm using a Sony SDM-X73 it's a TFT LCD Panel that my father purchased in 2004 For 25,000. It's really a 17inch masterpiece. Should I Upgrade it ? If I want to sell it what price i will get for it.

Reviews of 2003. ;)

Closer Look at 17â€￾ LCD Monitors Features. Part II. Page 16 - X-bit labs
Review - LCD Monitors - CNET Reviews
Sony SDM-X73/B - Flat-Panels-LCDs - Computer-Peripherals

*www.xbitlabs.com/images/other/response-5/sx.jpg
*reviews.cnet.com/sc/30471062-2-440-front-2.gif
*www.simpaticotech.it/img/upload/519817_medium.jpg

I've the gray colour version of it. It has integrated speakers.

Sarath

iDota
^+1 for that. It would be a pity if you sell it now. Moreover I don't think you will make much money on reselling that.

But you can still try selling it if you want. I don't see many 19inchers around let alone 17inches. So it will be a touch sell.

Krow

Crowman
Selling won't get you much. About a thousand or two at most. Keep it. Use it for a download rig or something.

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
Use it as a secondary monitor.

Selling won't get you much. About a thousand or two at most. Keep it. Use it for a download rig or something.

^+1 for that. It would be a pity if you sell it now. Moreover I don't think you will make much money on reselling that.

But you can still try selling it if you want. I don't see many 19inchers around let alone 17inches. So it will be a touch sell.

I think you all are right, i agree but my main question is should i buy a new monitor or not as i'm buying a new rig.

Krow

Crowman
Are there any problems with your old monitor? If not, then no need. You sound like you like the monitor a lot. Keep it and use the money on the peripherals. Get a good sound card and speakers or headphones instead.

Sarath

iDota
Choice of monitor is your personal choice. But if you do ask us then the answer is YES :D

New Rig + new monitor :)

Krow

Crowman
Nah man, not unless you have the money for a new monitor. All the good monitors are pretty expensive IMHO. Don't get TN panels, go for a good IPS panel.

Sarath

iDota
Hmm so do I infer that if he has enough money for a new monitor then he should go for it?

BTW if OP has to ask then IPS panels start from 15k onwards and at 23".

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
Hmm so do I infer that if he has enough money for a new monitor then he should go for it?

BTW if OP has to ask then IPS panels start from 15k onwards and at 23".

I can't spend money on a ips now. This monitor isn't HD So HD will make a difference or not ?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, HD monitor will be a very good option. But whats your primary use?
The best HD option available is DELL ST2220L/M at 8k. Its a 22inch HD LED Monitor.

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
Yes, HD monitor will be a very good option. But whats your primary use?
The best HD option available is DELL ST2220L/M at 8k. Its a 22inch HD LED Monitor.

My Primary Usage Will Be Heavy Browsing, Application Benchmarking, Blogging & Gaming will be a secondary usage.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then stick with your monitor. I guess it has a res of 1280x1024. And square type of monitors are not available these days. For your usage, it is better to stick with your monitor.

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
Then stick with your monitor. I guess it has a res of 1280x1024. And square type of monitors are not available these days. For your usage, it is better to stick with your monitor.

Are square type monitor better than wide monitor ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For working with documents and websites, yes. You get lots of wasted space in widescreen.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the Benq G2220HDL is available at 7k. BTW, where do you live?

Top Bottom