Should I go for N73 ME right now or N82 Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Not small, per se, but Nokia could've easily put in a 2.6" display of N95 in it, considering the space around the display. But they didn't. Worse, they reduced the brightness in the firmware.

then y didn't they made it a slider phone with a 3.5" display instead of a candybar...:D

Power UP

In the zone
True. a better keypad far out weighs Xenon Flash
Then i suggest u don't buy N82 or even N73 for that matter. But instead choose any 10k phone which has all the basic needs u want wih the best keypad that u feel.
Because as it stands N82 and even N73 need some time to get used to its keypad ( which is at the most a week )

Not small, per se, but Nokia could've easily put in a 2.6" display of N95 in it, considering the space around the display. But they didn't. Worse, they reduced the brightness in the firmware.

It's an old trick by Nokia, that now even SE has learned. "No phone shall have it all". All phones made by Nokia have a carefully selected set of features. Even the cons that we think the phones possess, like the dull and smaller display on N82, low RAM and battery on N95, etc. don't happen by chance and are strategically placed so that no phone will be perfect, thus ensuring every phone in the line-up will get equal market-share. One of the open secrets of Nokia's success. Quite smart. And equally infuriating if you happen to be a customer.
As you suggested yourself "strategically placed so that no phone will be perfect" , now if N82 had every good feature then who would buy N95 and other phones in its range :D

But anyway atleast the brightness can be increased via hack.

I value the Xenon flash more than the keypad...I will adjust with the keypad...

Agreed dude. I can adjust with the keypad but i can't adjust a normal LED to give performance equivalent to a Xenon Flash ;-)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
its not that xenon flash should be used indoors .. it can also be utilised in proper daylight conditions to get better photo results ..

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I've been using the N73 for quite some time now , and tbh .. initially i had many complains but things have got much better with the newer firmwares .. it's a bit slow in certain areas still , but even then .. consider the package u get for 10.5k's and its simply unbeatable :p .. u just need to mess with the phone a bit to get the best out of it ,,,

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Right now I am in Lucknow & today I was able to use a Nokia N82 in Jumbo Electronics in Fun Republic today. I used the phone for 30 mins & used almost all the essential features. I wasn't able to use GPS or WiFi but I was able to check few things

1) Keypad is good enough. In 30 minutes I was pressing the keys with my fingers insted of finger nails & everything was going fine. I was instead having problems with Symbian & Nokia key layout like in K750i # key is for space when writing SMS while in N82 0 key is for space...so it will take time in getting used to N82 but I can easily switch to it. The keypad won't be a problem in 1 month.

2) Speed is awesome. I liked the speed, it's like my K750i. I liked that once I am in the menu I can press the keypad to go directly to any of the 12 Icons directly. Like press key 4 to go in galary...

3) Video & Camera is good. I liked it...enough for me.

4) it's bigger then my K750i but still pocket friendly. I will use the provided in-ear hands free from Nokia & not EP-630. I need mic which I will loose if I buy EP630.

5) Screen is awesome. I liked the UI Autorotation, good when browisng sites & watching videos.

Over all, in just 30 mins I was impressed by Nokia N82. The keypad is no longer a problem. I m buying it, unless Nokia N79 comes out to be exectly the same in feature as it has a better keypad.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
used n82. all day today. its awesome. btw can anyone tell me what to do with this barcode thing.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^ that barcode software ?

you just have to get some packet where there is bar code printed
run the software in N82 and open the Cam

bar code are like this|!|!||| >> something like that

make that bar code visible in N82 it will show you the bar CODE...

N82 here means any N-SERIES device with S60 9.1

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
guys , that is what i am saying all this time .. n82 is the best nokia all round device till date .. super fantastic smart phone ..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
1) Keypad is good enough. In 30 minutes I was pressing the keys with my fingers insted of finger nails & everything was going fine. I was instead having problems with Symbian & Nokia key layout like in K750i # key is for space when writing SMS while in N82 0 key is for space...so it will take time in getting used to N82 but I can easily switch to it. The keypad won't be a problem in 1 month.

who says then keypad of N82 r weired 2 use...:x

3) Video & Camera is good. I liked it...enough for me.
Not Good...Excellent they r...:D

How u liked the xenon flash..& music quality..of the fone...??? :rolleyes:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
yeah i have the same questions...hows the music quality of this phone??

Sound quality is good, provided you use good quality headphones with it, preferably of the in-ear type. It is not however as good as a dedicated music player. Nor is it powerful enough to handle big headphones.

Power UP

In the zone
Sound quality is good, provided you use good quality headphones with it, preferably of the in-ear type. It is not however as good as a dedicated music player. Nor is it powerful enough to handle big headphones.
Against an dedicated player like Creative etc. it falls short but against mobile phone mp3 players its quite good.

Krazzy it can handle big headphones , and you can directly plug into the 3.5 mm audio output jack.

Ep630 and N82 rocks.

Third Eye

gooby pls
For me bass booster and stereo widening ftw. :D I have made a great customized equalizer which is even better than bass booster. :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Krazzy it can handle big headphones , and you can directly plug into the 3.5 mm audio output jack.

Not all of them it won't. For some it'd need a headphone amp. Most phones don't have enough output for the bigger headphones to work well. You'd need to crank the volume all the way to the top and then some to get some decent volume. That's why I suggested in-ear type as they usually work quite well on low power devices as their driver size is small.

Power UP

In the zone
Not all of them it won't. For some it'd need a headphone amp. Most phones don't have enough output for the bigger headphones to work well. You'd need to crank the volume all the way to the top and then some to get some decent volume. That's why I suggested in-ear type as they usually work quite well on low power devices as their driver size is small.
Krazzy the N82 can handle most headphones quite easily. Most of us buy within 5k ,max 10k and it can easily handle most of them.
For example my Panasonic headset when paired with my iPod nano plays in a very low volume & sounds muddled.
The same when i plug into my N82, it sounds awesome.

Ofcourse some of the headphones won't work and these are usually audiophile grade headphones from Sennheiser etc. costing usually above 20k.

Now these won't work on N82 , N-series nokia, Walkman SE mobiles, and most other mobiles in this range atm afaik. They don't have enough power to drive those monstrous headphones.

But rest assured most headphones that we have will easily work on it :p

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
heard yesterday that Nokia N79 is out. lets see what r it's specs & how is the keypad layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom