Should I go for N73 ME right now or N82 Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
This shows that the N82 is really awesome...

This beauty has no competition .. not even in near feature .. future devices are sliders ..

and yes c905 .. another dumb phone from se.. has photoflash for video recording ..but can only do qvga .. how pathetic.. samsung inno v8 giving it tough fight ..and nokia is not even in the game ..

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The only bad thing in Nokia N82 is unconventional keypad design, wish they could give me N73 ME's body with N82's internal

nikhilpai

Techans
The only bad thing in Nokia N82 is unconventional keypad design, wish they could give me N73 ME's body with N82's internal

The rumoured Nokia N79 is supposed to be just that.
Its rumoured that it will be the N82 minus the xenon plus conventional keypad.
I would anyday trade the xenon flash for a conventional keypad on the N82.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The temptation is controlled. I will wait & buy Nokia N82 in Decembar. My budget is 20K, so if Nokia can relese a physically better model in this prise range then I will buy that instead.

Is there any info I can read for Nokia N79

Last edited:

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Key Pad Won't be a concern once you start using. Even though the keys are small the space between the keys is good.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!

If you can lay hands on a bluetooth keyboard, then for your home uses, you can replace the keypad with the keyboard.

Pathik

Google Bot
Abey gx, you are very biased against the n82 keyboard. After using it for 15 -20 mins, I felt like I was born with it.

nikhilpai

Techans
Is there any info I can read for Nokia N79

Read this thread on Mobile Review forums:
*forum2.mobile-review.com//showthread.php?t=69892

N79 alongwith N85 is supposed to be announced in the next couple of weeks... most likely on 18 August. While N85 will be made available immediately like the N82, the N79 will be made available somewhere in October.

Of course nothing of this is confirmed by Nokia, but normally the MR forums are quite accurate.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
its true that nokia made a stupid decision with n82 keypad .. such a gem of phone with this keypad .. and also n79 or n85 has dual led flash, not "xenon" one .. trust me that xenon flash of n82 is simply awesome .. its such a phone that even die hard se fans would admire it .. i wish they would have given those lovely stereo speakers of n73 on n82 ..

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, Physically by the pics, N79 looks better then Nokia N82. Since I have to buy in decembar, let's see what the specs of N79 are like. If it is as fast as N82, then I m buying that instead as it has really nice keypad.

I can trade Xenon flash for a better keypad

Today a colleague in office bought a Nokina N73 ME for 13k. I saw the phone & it has Nokia Maps inbuilt. Now, as you all know that I have decided to go with Nokia N82 so far but since I am short on money, should I wait & go for Nokia N82 later or go for N73 ME right now....because physically I like N73 ME more then N82.

“In both of these ways rewards will be yours“

Do don’t be confuse
Both have pros and well as cons
choose according to your needs

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
its true that nokia made a stupid decision with n82 keypad .. such a gem of phone with this keypad .. and also n79 or n85 has dual led flash, not "xenon" one .. trust me that xenon flash of n82 is simply awesome .. its such a phone that even die hard se fans would admire it .. i wish they would have given those lovely stereo speakers of n73 on n82 ..
It's an old trick by Nokia, that now even SE has learned. "No phone shall have it all". All phones made by Nokia have a carefully selected set of features. Even the cons that we think the phones possess, like the dull and smaller display on N82, low RAM and battery on N95, etc. don't happen by chance and are strategically placed so that no phone will be perfect, thus ensuring every phone in the line-up will get equal market-share. One of the open secrets of Nokia's success. Quite smart. And equally infuriating if you happen to be a customer. ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@GX: Go 4 N82...its the Big Boss now..in all features...:D..19.4k now but after
2-3 months probably it will go down 2 16-17k hope so...

i m also waitin 4 its price drop..;-)

Even the cons that we think the phones possess, like the dull and smaller display on N82, low RAM and battery on N95, etc.

2.4" screen is not a smaller display....:rolleyes:

nikhilpai

Techans

N82's xenon flash is very good...no doubt about that. But I look at it this way... how many times am I going to make use of the Xenon? Then compare this with how many times I am going to use the keypad.

The answer to this question makes it easy enough to decide to compromise on the xenon to get a better keypad.

Of course I would like both but thats not going to happen :(

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
N82's xenon flash is very good...no doubt about that. But I look at it this way... how many times am I going to make use of the Xenon? Then compare this with how many times I am going to use the keypad

True. a better keypad far out weighs Xenon Flash

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
2.4" screen is not a smaller display....:rolleyes:
Not small, per se, but Nokia could've easily put in a 2.6" display of N95 in it, considering the space around the display. But they didn't. Worse, they reduced the brightness in the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom