Should I go for N73 ME right now or N82 Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Today a colleague in office bought a Nokina N73 ME for 13k. I saw the phone & it has Nokia Maps inbuilt. Now, as you all know that I have decided to go with Nokia N82 so far but since I am short on money, should I wait & go for Nokia N82 later or go for N73 ME right now....because physically I like N73 ME more then N82.

The phone did feel a but sluggish even when it is new & the 2 GB Memory card is not even 300 MB filled. I cliked on the messeging button & it took 2 seconds for the Message section to open while in my K750i it takes hardly .5 seconds. How much RAM does N73 ME has??? How is the joystick, will it give problems like other phone?

See, the only 3rd party application I will use in my phone will be a chat client, & if it is supported inbuilt then I won't even install any application as Opera is already there along with rest of my requirments such as real player etc

anispace

dattebayo
Wait for some time and buy a N82. N73 is quite outdated now.

well N73 has 64MB RAM, 220Mhz proccy as compared to N82s 128MB, 369Mhz proccy.
N82 has wifi, inbuilt gps, latest Symbian OS 9.2, 5MP cam, motion sensor .... etc. phew:|

see here for a better direct comparison>>
*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2177&idPhone1=1550

And anywayz u can use ur k750 for now. Though its 3yrs old it can compete with any of todays phones in the looks department. My friend just bought one 6 months back.

Last edited:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
N73 ME is a nice phone.
Has a good processor too.
But there's substantial difference between the two though.

I suggest u to go for N82.
Its worth the wait.

mediator

Technomancer
N82 buddy! I'm just beginning to explore it. The internet radio, youtube, VOIP, gtalk, skype, IMs all with "fring" etc. N73 Me and N82 look almost the same.

I bought it for Rs.19,400 from a Nokia showroom. I would have opted for N73 Me as it is cheaper but only if it had the wifi. But I think it is evenly priced with its truckload of features. As @uppalpankaj said, "U don't need 2 think twice before buying it"!

If money is the case, then I think u shud wait!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
N73 and N82 are both VFM

well i will suggest wait for the N82 or

Buy E51 for WIFI

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
64 MB.....hmm, when N82 boots we get 96 MB RAM Free, what's the case with N73 ME? Do we get "Low RAM" errors in N73 ME?? All I will be running on it is Opera Mobile & Fringe, everything else is already given in it.

See, I know N82 has so many features but N73 I can buy today too & I like the physical design. Will 64 MB RAM be short for day to day work.

Edburg

In the zone
I'm just beginning to explore it. The internet radio, youtube, VOIP, gtalk, skype, IMs all with "fring" etc.

Sorry i am off topic to this discussion..been wondering..with the VOIP in n82/n95 can i make free calls over the internet to regular phones ??

anispace

dattebayo
you wont get low RAM errors coz even 64MB is quite enough. But apps like Adobe reader require lots of RAM when opening huge pdfs.

mediator

Technomancer
Sorry i am off topic to this discussion..been wondering..with the VOIP in n82/n95 can i make free calls over the internet to regular phones ??
Sure why not. I have gtalk-ed with one of mah friends. But for Skype, AFAIK, u need to purchase their service if u want to make calls over the internet to the regular phones. i guess same goes for yahoo too.

If any of ur friend on yahoo/gtalk has a good mic., then he/she can call u up n vice versa free of cost on ur 'wifi connected' handset!

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
U must go 4 N82 only...It is really worth the wait..To be frank, I am waiting too for the prices 2 come down to 16-17k...Then I will get it...It is an all in one phone...

And moreover I feel that prices will definitely drop within the next couple of months. With phones such as iphone, C905 and others being launched, Nokia will have to restructure the prices of the cellphones in this category so that the consumers do not move to other brands.

So, better wait a little and then get the N82..Have patience because it pays in the long run...Enjoy ur K750i 4 the next 2 months..Coincidentally, I also own a K750i..

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I don't need to run huge PDF files in phone. I will play with her N73 for some days, if Low RAM errors don't come then I don't have a problem in buying it.

pathick, I don't have a dig icam here.

Another guy has moved in with us today at home. He has a Nokia E51 & I just loved it's speed & UI response, I hope N82 is like E51 in responce time

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
N82 is slightly faster than the E51. And if you liked the e51's speed then you are gonna hate the N73.
Also, if you don't have a digicam, its all the more reason to go for an N82.
And it's Pathik.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, I now know that u r skinny, after looking at pics of mumbai meet :D

One thing, how do I find APN number of idea GPRS in E51. Where is the option cos then we can use his phone for connecting to net & I need to EDGE speed of idea

*check the speed of idea EDGE service

these smartphones have so many features that it will take me months to use it efficiently.

Last edited:

Edburg

In the zone
Sure why not. I have gtalk-ed with one of mah friends. But for Skype, AFAIK, u need to purchase their service if u want to make calls over the internet to the regular phones. i guess same goes for yahoo too.

If any of ur friend on yahoo/gtalk has a good mic., then he/she can call u up n vice versa free of cost on ur 'wifi connected' handset!

thx....but cant that be done on a normal mobile with internet conn....i thought since VOIP is said to be a supported in n82/n95,we can call form net to other mobiles too...may be i am asking too much

mediator

Technomancer
Yes, that can be done with a normal mobile (with VOIP functionality) with an internet connection. U can do that via EDGE too. U need 64kbps for VOIP to work.

U must understand that there exist usually 2 cases
1. PC -> PC (as in normal gtalk, u call ur friend and talk via internet connected PC having a microphone)
2. PC -> phone (U call someone from ur internet connected PC. The other person may have a regular cellphone or a fixed line)

In first case its all free.
In the second case, u need to purchase the service,say from SKype, that lets u map ur internet call to the traditional telephony. Now if u r on a mobile that has wifi, then cost of connection to internet is free (given u have free internet connection). But if u have GPRS/EDGE, then u connect to the internet from ur mobile at some considerable amount.

So the Total cost = Cost for service + Cost for internet connection via wifi/gprs !

Mine is Case 1. Since my handset is wifi connected (via an unlimited internet connection), I can call & IM my friends who are online on GTalk/yahoo/Skype etc & operating from their PCs or wifi connected handsets absolutely for free!

So "other mobiles" u mentioned, depends if the other mobile falls in "wifi connected" category.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
N82 is slightly faster than the E51. And if you liked the e51's speed then you are gonna hate the N73.
Also, if you don't have a digicam, its all the more reason to go for an N82.
And it's Pathik.

N73 ain't slow pathik i say that E51 is fast but dude when you will use them casually just like for running some games and opera mini you will not find it slow

and btw

N73 has many advantages over E51

N73 got better speakers (they are one of the best)
N73 got a great cam
N73 looks are better than E51 pathetic looks
N73 got a bigger screen

the only advantage of E51 is more ram and WIFI

and nothing else ...........................

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
thats the thing krates. E51 has more RAM & CPU due to which it is faster then N73 ME, UI responce & fast phone matter more then a 5 MP camera

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
N73 ain't slow pathik i say that E51 is fast but dude when you will use them casually just like for running some games and opera mini you will not find it slow

and btw

N73 has many advantages over E51

N73 got better speakers (they are one of the best)
N73 got a great cam
N73 looks are better than E51 pathetic looks
N73 got a bigger screen

the only advantage of E51 is more ram and WIFI

and nothing else ...........................

N73 beats E51 except in cam & speakers. In other case E51 beats N73.
This is my personal experience.

Yeah N73 has bigger screen but resolution is low than E51 (N73 has 256K colors, E51 has 16 million colors)
As it has more RAM, who says it runs slow in opera & games , it runs quite good.
N73 has 9.1 OS which means PRE FP1 but E51 has 9.2 OS which means FP1
Wow E51 has great keypad then N73

Why do i explain more? see this link for more info
*www.phonegg.com/compare/17/Nokia-E51-vs-Nokia-N73.html

Overall E51 beats N73

But dude I suggest you to go for N82, it will be better than N73 or E51.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Hey ...
Seeing the applications u are going to run ... I think then N73 is good for you.
As there is no point of having those extra features if u dont use it.

And N73 doesnot show RAM problems with PDFfiles.Even N72 runs them fine.
My personal experience has been satisfying with N73.

And I find it better than E62.(Which mostly my father uses)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom