Should I buy Galaxy S2 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misr99

Right off the assembly line
i was in the same boat as you are but i jsut bought s2 yesterday....
htc one s' horrible screen, unremovable battery and very limited storage( 11 gb for media) is a deal breaker for me......

i don't think s2's price is gonna drop below 24-25k since s3 is priced way above s2 segment

How much did u get the s2 for ? nd from where ??

Soumik

Padawan
@terabyte - ya thats true... but it would be soon difficult to find SII. Am sure once SIII is launched, they would slowly take it out of market. But seriously SGA is overpriced at the moment. Would love a 20K range for SGA and 15-16K range for SG Ace 2. :)
And really performance wise.. Xperia S for 30 K doesnt sound good either. All devices are damn costly at the moment. Far more than they are worth. :(

far

Keep Going!
mm.. Well I'm in teh same boat as the techlover... Guys let me know if S2 will drop around 25 k in chennai.. I'm going for it...

reddead

LoSt!
Which local market are you referring to??
Last night my friend bought a new one with Bill/Warranty for 27.5K
He inquired in a lot of shops at Bangalore as well. Similar pricing all over and even on eBay it's around 27K iirc.

it's 26k....typo
i didn't even haggle with the shopkeeper...
its easily available at 26k at ebay:link, just use any coupon and bam its less than 26k.....

far

Keep Going!
it's 26k....typo
i didn't even haggle with the shopkeeper...
its easily available at 26k at ebay:link, just use any coupon and bam its less than 26k.....

@ Reddead... Did it come with ICS preloaded ?. Coz in the shops S2 is available with ICS...

far

Keep Going!
Any other good phone?

and that can you please tell me more about tint issue ..btw HTC ONE S has Super amoled?

ignoring that list ..is it still the best buy? or any other mobile?

Have you bought the phone?.. throw us some lights on any deals...

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
Im also on the lookout for buying a smartphone and zeroed in on the SGS2. but there have been reports of samsung shipping a samsung i9100g (version of the SGS2 with inferior chipset and proccy) under the samsung i9100 moniker. can anyone who bought the phone please confirm this? if its true then ill have to rethink my SGS2 buying plans.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Im also on the lookout for buying a smartphone and zeroed in on the SGS2. but there have been reports of samsung shipping a samsung i9100g (version of the SGS2 with inferior chipset and proccy) under the samsung i9100 moniker. can anyone who bought the phone please confirm this? if its true then ill have to rethink my SGS2 buying plans.

Its written on the box... i9100G

*10division.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-GT-I9100-vs-GT-I9100-Box.jpg

Don't buy it...

ujjwal321

Journeyman
It is the no. 1 dual core phone as of today.. I don't think any other phone can match it's flexibility and performance.. some phones don't have sd card slot, some have non- removable battery, others have terrible battery life.. Galaxy SII looks like a very balanced phone with good overall performance and a vast dev support.

ajaymailed

In the zone
i was checking out Sensation XE ICS just now, wanted to see how good it is compared to SGS2. Sense 3.6 is to die for, its awesome compared to Touchwiz, 1750mah battery gives decent life. Looks are good compared to SGS2.
When it comes to response, camera, speed SGS2 easily outperforms Sensation XE.

OP
T

techlover

In the zone
I have read about he heating issue of the S2 getting very hot even after very less usage....has Samsung fixed this issue or its still there?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have read about he heating issue of the S2 getting very hot even after very less usage....has Samsung fixed this issue or its still there?
There is no such issue.

I'm closing this thread.

"Should I buy Galaxy S2 now?" - entirely your wish.

Most people will advise against though. (the price hasn't lowered at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom