Should I buy Galaxy S2 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techlover

In the zone
As we all know that Samsung Galaxy S3 will be launched on 31st May in India...
But i dont want to buy a phone so expensive like it ...so i thought of buying Galaxy S2 now....Should i buy it now ..i mean one or two days after the release as the price will drop ? or after two three weeks...please can anyone tell me that now the price is 26k ..should i expect more price drop and how much?

Any other good phone in the range of 24-26k ?

Please help

ajaymailed

In the zone
Galaxy S2 is definitely a gr8 phone. If your looking for more price falls, make sure you can get it before Samsung stops production and it disappears from market. Samsung knows its a solid product, and can hurt even galaxy S3 sales even if they frustrate customers with delayed updates.

The price should drop at 20-22k
would be gr8 to get something like SGS2 for that price. would be interesting how much these new dual core phones will better the SGS2.

may be its better to compare One S & Xperia S with SGS2 before making the purchase.

Last edited:
OP
T

techlover

In the zone
You might wanna wait for Htc One S

Till when will it be launched?

and btw HTC ONE S ...has a non removable battery , just 9GB storage(u wont like to go if u are spending 26k am i right? ) , microsim slot

Should i still wait for it?

Galaxy S2 is definitely a gr8 phone. If your looking for more price falls, make sure you can get it before Samsung stops production and it disappears from market. Samsung knows its a solid product, and can hurt even galaxy S3 sales even if they frustrate customers with delayed updates.

may be its better to compare One S & Xperia S with SGS2 before making the purchase.

I dont think S2 will be stopped atleast till S4 is launched ... Galaxy S is still available in the market ...there are more chances of Galaxy S disappearing

Xperia S is yes an awesome phone but it for 31k thats too much...isnt S2 a good deal if i get anywhere between 24-26k ?....

ajaymailed

In the zone
Xperia S is yes an awesome phone but it for 31k thats too much...isnt S2 a good deal if i get anywhere between 24-26k ?....
S2 is a gr8 phone for 24 to 26k. Buts almost an year now since the phone has been released. Sony & HTC have released newer models, no harm in checking what improvements they have done. you can check out reviews, video comparisons.

one silly question
are you the person that believe in good looks as well as good brains or the only thing that matters is whats inside?
if latter then S2 is made for you and if former then look for Sony & HTC phones too.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
simply wait. let it drop to 22k price level or forget it. If you want a mobile that stands out with power as well as looks, HTC One S.

ajaymailed

In the zone
simply wait. let it drop to 22k price level or forget it. If you want a mobile that stands out with power as well as looks, HTC One S.
have you seen video reviews HTC One Series phones, why do the seem having problems with browser? , browsing doesn't seem impressive for their price points.

Soumik

Padawan
The original Galaxy S has disappeared a loong time ago. SII will follow soon... but will be there for another month or two. If you can wait.. wait till the last moment.. when u start getting rumors that SII is getting out of stock everywhere.. find and get one at that time.. U can surely get it within 22K at that time.
As for how it compares to the new phones, the benchmarks of almost all the new chipsets are out... and One S is even faster then SIII in many tests. So, it is quite far ahead of SII. Although, Adreno 225 is not upto the Krait standards. I think Mali400 inside SII and SIII beats it easily.
If you cannot wait... u cant go wrong with the One S. IMO, its the best phone to get right now.

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
I'm in a similar predicament. I'm waiting for a price drop on the S2 upon S3's release. Don't want to spend more than 25k... even that is really stretching my budget.

Is the One S that much better than the S2? Gaming performance is important for me, plus storage. For me personally, the lack of an expansion slot on the One S is a really big deal. Its performance should kick S2 in the nuts for me to consider buying it :/

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
have you seen video reviews HTC One Series phones, why do the seem having problems with browser? , browsing doesn't seem impressive for their price points.

The problem is their stock browser blinks for a second for wrapping text at every zoom level... Just install and use Chrome browser as default on your HTC One series phone... that would be the smartest choice on any new ICS device...

funskar

Padawan
I don;t think s2 price will drop to 20k..
Samsung recently launched galaxy s advance is for 24k which is galaxy r replacer or u can say degraded version of s2..
if s2 drops to 20k then sga could sell for 17k..

OP
T

techlover

In the zone
Guys i am posting this again, why i am hestitating to buy HTC ONE S is
HTC ONE S ...has a non removable battery , just 9GB storage(u wont like to go if u are spending 26k am i right? ) , microsim slot

Do u still think that I should wait for it?

ajaymailed

In the zone
HTC ONE S ...has a non removable battery , just 9GB storage(u wont like to go if u are spending 26k am i right? ) , microsim slot

why just 9 GB, the rest 7 GB is taken by the ICS or what?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
There is galaxy s advance at 24K levels. S2 will never drop to 22K !!
May be after an year... good lucking waiting.

If galaxy s advance comes to 22k, then what ? then S2 at 26k. best, after months that is.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yes 16Gb is less. make it 10GB as user accessible (for music) and rest for OS + apps (4GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom