Shocking Sms storage limit in Wave2

LegendKiller

In the zone
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

i bought this phone today for my sis and was shocked to learn that it has a message sms storage limit of 1300

I mean i have been a nokia user forever and i never encountered this nomadic message storage limit ever....

So i never bothered to inquire about this with the vendor.......

I am in a fix and i dunno what to do as this is a excellent phone otherwise.....

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Its kinda less... Such an expensive phone should allow SMS storage as much as the memory card offers... Proprietary OSes suck...

I am an Android Fan and I always support it because it is excellent... For me, software is more important than hardware...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i bought this phone today for my sis and was shocked to learn that it has a message sms storage limit of 1300

I mean i have been a nokia user forever and i never encountered this nomadic message storage limit ever....

looks like sms are stored in phone memory & not memory card.

I am in a fix and i dunno what to do as this is a excellent phone otherwise.....

look for solution in the BADA forums.

It'll be full in two days if used by me :p

:lol: & it'll take ages to cross the limit if used by me. i never store sms. delete them after replying.

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
it is indeed 1300..........you can backup these msgs on mem-card. there's no solution from what i have collected from badaforums........

@sam,
for girls 1300 is like peanuts...............for guys it depends...........hehee

k4ce

Youngling
i think 1300 is decent enough .... and for everyone who feels storing sms on mem card is better, i disagree .... cos if u store on mem card, each sms will create one file and once u cross the 10,000 sms mark, u would have 10k files in one folder that would slw down the mem card performance ... (its similar to having map tiles stored on ur fone) ....

noob

Cyborg Agent
i think 1300 is decent enough .... and for everyone who feels storing sms on mem card is better, i disagree .... cos if u store on mem card, each sms will create one file and once u cross the 10,000 sms mark, u would have 10k files in one folder that would slw down the mem card performance ... (its similar to having map tiles stored on ur fone) ....

LOL , its not like FILE Based on Android. they have SQL Lite DB in OS itself.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@OP- Not to spoil your mind, but gradually one by one you will find bug and more bugs for this bada crap. There is no way you can save SMS in MC, so after 1300 messages it will start automatically delete the messages from the back.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
almost evry Samsung low budget phone have this prob.
limit like - 200msg, 600,1300,1000.etc

even for reminders also there is a limit of 75. Samsung suck in this..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Never trust Samsung to deliver decent software experience... Even Apple is suing Samsung because they tried to rip off iOS interface for their crap TouchWiz skin which destroys my beautiful Android...

Soumik

Padawan
^^My star has a limit of around 100!!! and i hardly find it short. If i do, i'll delete some junk sms and i get space again. 1300 is a huge amount for me... cant say abt the trendy youth out there. :p

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Its seriously idotic when u consider a nokia 1100 storing 100s of nice sms and u cant even think of storing any good forwarded sms in ur big(comparatively) touch screen phone. Its pretty embarrasing infront of friends :(.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Soumik said:
cant say abt the trendy youth out there
Oh come on, we arent trendy :D

We are just saying this isnt huge as phones there are worse/less expensive can do better than this :)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@LegendKiller: 1300??? what made u shock.....its normal with samsung
even samsung E1252 has 1000 limit for SMS in phone memory....

rajeshbhuin

Broken In

Lol .
1300 is not decent enough buddy.....I bought Nokia 5230 6 month ago and now I havr 4355 msgs..........
Nokia offer msg memory upto phone memory in just Rs.2300

We all know that Samsung has that problem , Nokia dose not .

Also , Nokia provides its symbian platform in prices between 2300 and 29000 . :D

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
uhhh... only 1300?? The SMS memory needs to be practically unlimited on a smartphone atleast !

disappointing! Otherwise, the phone itself is good! Excellent hardware!

Top Bottom