Share Your Favourite Quotes

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Please share your favorite quotes by famous people which have or have not influenced you,here.
sharing mine:mrgreen:

*img706.imageshack.us/img706/6895/somepeoplefeeltherainot.jpg

*img18.imageshack.us/img18/6707/tumblrm2c7vauddh1rsmsy4.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fcuk, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane."
― John Green, Looking for Alaska

Last edited:

Hrishi

#I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences... I'm human, not perfect, like anybody else.
Queen Latifah.

#.Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
Martin Luther

#Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

One of my favourites :
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Flash

Lost in speed
Martin Luther King said:
[h=1]“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”[/h]

I love this quote much. A simple thought of how we've to do our work.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
"I wish I could see through your eyes so I would know what you like to see. I wish I knew your wishes, so I could give you everything you want. I wish I dreamed the same dreams you do, and together we could make them come true. I wish I knew what makes you happy, so I could make you the happiest person in the whole world. And lastly, I wish I were a cell in your blood, so I would be sure I was somewhere in your heart."

~ The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep. ~ Henry Maudsley

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"
-Goku to Frieza

"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It's when... they are forgotten."
-Dr Hiluluk (One Piece)

"When the world shoves you around, you've just gotta stand up and shove back. It isn't like you can do anything just by giving excuses. If I die, then I am just a man who can only make it this far."
-Roronoa Zoro

"Men who can't wipe away the tears from women's eyes aren't real men."
-Sanji

"Amazing. How do you do it, Kakarot?
You've always been like this, ever since the day I first met you; always ready to meet the next challenge, even if it's bigger than you are...

It was the same on Namek. You had improved so much that it made Recoome like he was standing still. Your power had increased so dramatically since our battle on Earth that I thought you had done it, I thought that you had become a Super Saiyan! It tore me apart! How could a low-class soldier accomplish so easily what I...I had to struggle my whole life to achieve!?

After three millennia, it has finally happened; a new Super Saiyan had emerged, and, somehow, I have become this pauper's witness. Then at last, it happened. I too transformed. After living every moment of every day for the singular purpose of surpassing you, I finally became a Super Saiyan myself, the Prince had reclaimed his throne and fulfilled his destiny. But no matter how strong I became, your power still exceeded mine.

At first, I though it was your loved ones; that it was your instinct to protect them that spurred you on and pushed you beyond your limits. But then I found myself with a family of my own, and my power... didn't increase at all.

I used to fight for the sheer of pleasure of it; for the thrill of the hunt, oh I had the strength unmeasurable - I spared no one. And yet, you showed mercy to everyone, even your fiercest enemies, even me! Yet, you never fought to kill, or for revenge. Only to test your limits and to push yourself beyond them, to become the strongest you could possibly be. How can a Saiyan fight like that and at the same time be so gentle that he wouldn't hurt a fly? It makes me angry just thinking about it! But, perhaps it is my anger that has made me blind to the truth for so long. I see it now, this day has made it all too clear.

You're better than me Kakarot. You are the best. "
— Vegeta

TheHumanBot

Padawan
formula to be filthy rich.
GRDT = DG + PG + GG

Get Rich DIE Try'in = Discover Your Gift + Perfect Your Gift + Giveaway Your Gift.

it's not about how much money you have, it's about leaving a legacy.

for more: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6dCS259egI

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
*www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=5MTNk4pa-oxYgM&tbnid=VG8aQ9f0SJHQSM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.empowernetwork.com%2Fmsilbiger%2Ffiles%2F2013%2F03%2Fsteve-jobs-quote.jpg&ei=dGmUUbi1O4nqrQeNxoDYDA&psig=AFQjCNEO4qxc0A1iAFAQPbuM2skDJp-bgQ&ust=1368767221035560

Top Bottom