SE Xperia launched in India today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Even I was of the opinion that Win Mo sucked before I saw Xperia's videos. The hardware of Xperia is extremely powerful compared to older Win Mo phones and in all the reviews and videos I have noted that the phone is very snappy. Plus SE also has made some good changes to the UI. For example the close button in the top right corner usually just minimizes the app by default in Win Mo, but in the Xperia, SE has made the close button actually terminate the app instead of just minimizing. The reason for that is that first of all the apps don't pile up in the RAM. Secondly the phone is so fast that there is no time difference between launching a closed app and launching an app which was just minimized. So there was no point in minimizing the apps.

Plus the Panel interface works really well. I think with Xperia Sony Ericsson has not only made Win Mo bearable but also a bit fun to use. Plus the usual Win Mo advantages like huge list of supported apps and customizability and hack-ability are still there.

In my opinion the only thing stopping the X1 from being truly successful is the high price. If it would come down to 30k or less, it would be awesome.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
I am totally disappointed with the 'screen' size eventhough display is ok,

I went prepared for purchasing Xperia and examined one handset thoroughly,..

Features are really good...but screen looks very small with awkward dimensions,

Absoultely not worth the huge price...I have even purchased 'Dopod U1000' for 52,000 which has more powerful processor and good UI.

Somehow,Xperia X1 failed to appeal,atleast me.

What is more surprising is this shop in Adyar,Chennai has 2 Xperia sets returned within 1 day and quoted 34.5K ??!!!!

Now,only expectation is "HTC Touch HD"...we'll have to wait & watch!

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Wait for the HTC Touch HD. It has a 3.8" display compared to X1's 3.0".

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/3024312051_ed3a433211.jpg?v=0

*www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0200.gif

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The touch HD is huge. Well, good luck on that one. :)

Btw, 34.5k for the X1?? Are you sure?? Its a complete steal then.

The touch HD will be operator locked as the other HTC high ends, such as the Touch Pro and hence.

moshel

Padawan
MRP Rs.44500 ... Damn Expensive ! :( .... Waiting For BlackBerry Storm 9500

hee hee....

first everyone waited for the Iphone, it turned out to be expensive, then we waited for samsung Omnia, it turned out to be expensive too...then we waited for Xperia, it turned out to be expensive too.........NeXt Is SToRm lets see what happens now...

I feel that Omnia and Xperia are just riding on the ridiculous pricing of the iphone. most of the buyers will be those who would like to say that they have a phone costlier than the Iphone...

nd now all of a sudden Iphone feels cheaper....

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Offcourse Touch HD won't come cheap.
These are the phones on which common man(like me) will just drool over but knows very well he won't be able to afford it. I am content with my one year old 5700Xm :D

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Even i was thinking abt samsung innov8 after selling my n95 8gb, but it was damn too costly, hence settled for n85.

oval_man

Journeyman
Hi all,

You have one more reason to buy "Xperia X1"...............after all,this is created by an Indian!............

source: *www.livemint.com/2008/11/14004157/Will-this-be-the-iPhone-killer.html

Be proud...get one!

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
omg missed this news.if the price comes down to around 30k (near iphones price) people may prefer this over the iphone.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I dunno why people are so hyped up about the 44k price tag,Its the MRP dudes.its available for 39k everywhere. 39k is reasonable enough. The E90 costs 36k.Dont people buy the E90?? The xperia is thousand times better than the Hyped Nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom