Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
"Resistive touchscreen"---> FAIL!

Windows Mobile ----> FAIL

Ah well and even Nokia has done the same thing. The preorder price of 5800 has changed from 279 Euros to 429 Euros. Guess it would be no less than 25k when launched.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Windows mobile osnt fail for everyone, in fact, if you get the hold of it, its one of the best OS's out there.Watch out for Window's Mobile 7.

The m.r.p is 44k, the phone does not cost a cent over 29k, I dunno what the fuss is all about. Even, the N96 costs 35k as of now.It will drop prices in the near future.its an utra high-end smartphone for goodness sake.The E90 is also in the same price range, but lacks a touchscreen.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, thanx krazzy. After the iphone, even the vertu and Sirocco are cheap. :D

What I want to say is that, its quite natural that the price is so steep owing to the "cheap" competition.Its not only SE, all the manufacturers are to blame for this.

oval_man

Journeyman
SE Xperia X1 - the MOST powerful mobile on planet earth at this time!....atleast on paper!
(528Mhz processor,qwerty pad,3.2MP cam,good display)

44K is expected!

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The Xperia is damn expensive....Why not buy a high end laptop instead of this...

OR Netbook/Low end Laptop + Any Symbian Phone (15-20k) = Xperia X1

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
If you are the kind of person that thinks of getting a laptop in the price of an X1, then the X1 is not for you. It is a high end phone whose potential customers will already have a laptop and won't be confused whether to pick up a high end phone or a low-end phone.

Plus X1 is smaller than even the smallest of laptops. So it has a considerable size advantage. The way I see it, X1 already is a laptop, just way too small.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The Xperia is anyday better than the N96/E90. Its the best smartphone out there, and it comes at a price. those who can afford it, will buy it, Those who cant,will droll over it. Simple.

Laptops ? Technically, laptops are supposed to be above 14" in size while notebooks are between 10" and 14" and subnotebooks below 10" size. Please don't mix up the names.

Anyway, X1 is more like a high end mobile phone for the uber rich. But as I have always maintained, you can never replace laptops with mobile phones, though the other way round it may be true. A laptop is a full fledged computer, while a mobile phone is always a mobile phone, and will remain one, with perhaps a PDA attached.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
LOL you have no idea what we can do with our smartphones now a days. There is hardly any thing left that mobile phones can't do. Even Nokia calls it's N-Series phones as Multimedia Computers.

LegendKiller

In the zone
but the fact remains its not worth it buying a mobile at 45k.....simple.people who are saying buy a laptop or may i say a bike instead...........do not literally mean that laptop could be replaced by a [phone or vice-versa....
its value of money here.............and spending 45k on a laptop,bike,fridge etc etc is more value for money than just a phone......
spending it on a phone is useless.......

LOL you have no idea what we can do with our smartphones now a days. There is hardly any thing left that mobile phones can't do. Even Nokia calls it's N-Series phones as Multimedia Computers.
:rolleyes:

Can I play Crysis ? Can I watch high defination movies ? Can I run virtual desktops ? Can I do hardware virtualisation ? Can I be able to play every single type of media file ?

Don't give me the rubbish statements that Nokia gives. The most powerful mobile phone is only as powerful as the weakest subnotebook.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Buying a mobile over 20k is not justified. Still i cant resist n85 which i got for 23.4k. Though it will be my last purchase over 20k as far as mobiles are concerned.

xperia or touch hd or innov8 etc are fantastic devices but paying over 30k for these is simply not justified.

Resistive or capacitive, even if i was blind i would still have got xperia over hype phone anyday:)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
:rolleyes:

Can I play Crysis ? Can I watch high defination movies ? Can I run virtual desktops ? Can I do hardware virtualisation ? Can I be able to play every single type of media file ?

Don't give me the rubbish statements that Nokia gives. The most powerful mobile phone is only as powerful as the weakest subnotebook.

Please Try crysis on a sub 30k laptop. :lol:

As a matter of fact you can play any media file you want.WM has a klite pack of its own. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom