*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

jal_desai

In the zone
Re: ***science Or God?***

shaunak said:
If you can prove the existance of god, ill believe you. Why should i believe in something that cant be seen or felt.

can you see air.... what will happen to u if air is not there....

zegulas

Traceur

@mediator, why should I not say that they were stories, please accept the fact that they are indeed stories, everyone knows that. And as far as the bridging of India and Sri-Lanka goes, thats how the earth is, some part of it is under water some part is above water, but if all the water is removed, then the whole earth is connected, so the bridge thing is just an elevated part of earth which is above water currently and looks like a bridge. And if you have a proof that monkeys made it, then show it to all of us.

jal_desai

In the zone

zegulas said:
@mediator, why should I not say that they were stories, please accept the fact that they are indeed stories, everyone knows that. And as far as the bridging of India and Sri-Lanka goes, thats how the earth is, some part of it is under water some part is above water, but if all the water is removed, then the whole earth is connected, so the bridge thing is just an elevated part of earth which is above water currently and looks like a bridge. And if you have a proof that monkeys made it, then show it to all of us.

proofs proofs proofs....... what makes humans so perfect??? wat makes humans think tht they are goddamn better thn any other creature in the universe...
arey yaar a simple example:

(1)
a human eye cant even see radiations other thn 400-700 nm (nanometers)... CAN WE SEE INFRARED RADIATIONS?... CAN WE SEE ULTRAVIOLET RAYS???
THT'S A LIMITATION OF A HUMAN EYE MADE OF SKIN....

(2)
our ears cant hear sounds more thn 20,000 db... while bats can???
WE HAVE TO BE LOGICAL yaar... there are certain incapabilities of a human being....

Why there are certain laws which we have studied have "ACCEPTED WITHOUT PROOF" tagged with it.

uptill 19 th century it was believed tht the earth is flat... so our great grand fathers died with a feeling tht the earth is flat... their life was not so long to get the actual fact.

Columbus found America in 1492 AD but untill he died in 1507 AD.. he was in tht impression tht he found India... poor guy...

Even in SCIENCE... certain phenomena occur which the scientist canno define in a scientific manner... MANY INVENTIONS ARE YET TO BE "DISCOVERED" (ya i wrote the word "discovered" intentionally"... and the moment they will get discoverd we all will have to believe in it..no other choice

kumarmohit

Technomancer

shaunak said:
If you can prove the existance of god, ill believe you. Why should i believe in something that cant be seen or felt.

If someone survive a plane crash, its all the credit goes to god, but who thinks of the thousand engeeneers at boieng/airbus who toiled day and night to ensure he/she survives in that scenario?
If the engineers were so good why did the plane crash in the first place.LOL

If you walk near the siddhivinayak temple you will see 'bout a score of CCTV cameras but just a few kilometers from it Nehru center stays defence less. This clearly shows the degradation of learing at the hands of religion.

If the temple is attacked do you have any idea how much unrest will it create, Nehru center, if attacked will be a reason of what, minor criticism for security machinery, remember the IIT professor was killed, what happened?
The number of ppl having attachment to religious institutions is far greater than any elitist research or educational institution.

Surely if lesser money was pupmed into the temple's upkeep, roads, hospitals and research facilities could be improved.
Lets evaluate the options, (a) save many lives by improving hospitals, (b)help the desolate by enriching charities (c)improve develiopment by improving infrastructure (d) please god by making a gold/marble/granite/diamond temple.
Now you decide

If you have any idea how many hungry people are fed by langars etc in the religious institutions, how many charity hospitals are run by them, you would not have raised this point. See the end is always the public welfare its only the means that differ.

mediator

Technomancer

zegulas said:
please accept the fact that they are indeed stories
I accept that they were facts and only and an ignorant person who has evidences in front of him can think absurdly that they were stories!

zegulas said:
, everyone knows that.
Everyone who has a sense of judgement, spirit of questioning don't fit in ur category! If u think they r stories then it doesn't mean everyone's like u!

And as far as the bridging of India and Sri-Lanka goes, thats how the earth is, some part of it is under water some part is above water, but if all the water is removed, then the whole earth is connected, so the bridge thing is just an elevated part of earth which is above water currently and looks like a bridge.
Don't mind, but that's the most absurd and stupid reason I have ever heard. Neways who will remove that water?? Will u? My dear if all the water is removed, then u wont be here to giving such an absurd reasoning as humans can't stay alive without water, u won't have fish to eat and many things.
The "but if" factor that u brought so insanely and absurdly can really make any one piss off in a debate of intellects! Likewise I can also say absurdly, that We ruled the earth in the past but what if a comet hit the earth n may have wiped off the most human race then? How can u prove u follow the bloodline of ur great great great great grandfather? What if u have been born as a test tube baby??

So u see its easy to make expert comments and its human nature too that one often makes expert comments when he doesn't know anything on the topic and is absolutely ignorant about it. So if u see clearly then u'll see the facts that the bridge is built by the same stones as mentioned in Ramayan.

I guess u also come in the category of those Indians who will tend to believe the foreigners but won't listen to his countrymen. I guess its because of people like u who tend to neglect their culture, their vedic knowledge because of which the theorams, formulae and the discoveries r named after foreigners. If people were aware of India's richness of the past in masses, then who r foreigners to name these things and discoveries after their name?? We wud have been leading by now if all the people like u wud have been proud of ur culture and knowledge of the past.

So I guess u'll believe the americans better. Here's the link n the sources in it read em in detail n carefully line by line+comments too!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39340

Last edited:

jal_desai

In the zone

mediator said:
I accept that they were facts and only and an ignorant person who has evidences in front of him can think absurdly that they were stories!

Everyone who has a sense of judgement, spirit of questioning don't fit in ur category! If u think they r stories then it doesn't mean everyone's like u!

Don't mind, but that's the most absurd and stupid reason I have ever heard. Neways who remove that water?? Will u? My dear if all the water is removed, then u wont be here to giving such an absurd reasoning as humans can't saty alive without water, u won't have fish to eat and many things.
The "but if" factor that u brought so insanely and absurdly can really make any one piss off in a debate of intellects! Likewise I can also say absurdly, that We ruled the earth in the past but what if a comet hit the earth n may have wiped off the most human race then? How can u prove u follow the bloodline of ur great great great great grandfather? What if u have been born as a test tube baby??

So u see its easy to make expert comments and its human nature too that one often makes expert comments when he doesn't know anything on the topic and is absolutely ignorant about it. So if u see clearly then u'll see the facts that the bridge is built by the same stones as mentioned in Ramayan.

I guess u also come in the category of those Indians who will tend to believe the foreigners but won't listen to his countrymen. So I guess u'll believe the americans better. Here's the link n the sources in it read em in detail n carefully line by line+comments too!

simply perfect.... mediator..

zegulas

Traceur

mediator said:

Don't mind, but that's the most absurd and stupid reason I have ever heard. Neways who will remove that water?? Will u? My dear if all the water is removed, then u wont be here to giving such an absurd reasoning as humans can't stay alive without water, u won't have fish to eat and many things.

I guess u also come in the category of those Indians who will tend to believe the foreigners but won't listen to his countrymen. So I guess u'll believe the americans better. Here's the link n the sources in it read em in detail n carefully line by line+comments too!

Dude, why do you take each and every word literally? Removing water was just a hyperbole.
And well, if the forefathers were so intelligent, then they won't have extinct by a comet, because even we have the technology to get rid of any kind of a comet coming towards us!
And as far as my reasoning and believing in science goes, don't get to a conclusion on it, let the other forum members also decide. OK?

Sykora

I see right through you.

I fail to see how :

>>> You can accept Monkeys flying while carrying mountains, as a fact.

>>> A man's chariot will sink to the ground, having always been 1 inch above it, once the man has told a lie.

>>> An archer's arrows, however well shot, can carry a man's head to the lap of his father, miles away.

>>> One can learn a mantra, recital of which will allow a woman to bear a child, who is the son of a god.

>>> One can dig a hole to the "nether world", a place where you can find an elephant which holds the earth up.

>>> 60,000 men can be burnt up when a man utters a syllable when he is angry.

>>> A couple can have 60,000 sons in the first place.

>>> One can fabricate a chakra out of a lock of matted hair, which will pursue one wherever he goes.

>>> You can pray to a god to be reborn as a man, so that you can kill one you don't like, cast yourself into a pyre, burn to death, be reborn as a man, so that when you finally approach that man in battle, he knows who you are, who you were, and refuses to fight you.

>>> A man can be born in two pieces, be put together, and be killed by ripping him apart with equal facility.

I also remember a story of how a sage drunk an entire ocean so that the people hiding in it could be killed more easily.

I'm not going to believe these things until scientific evidence is brought to bear, and I don't mind who does it, Indians or otherwise.

mediator

Technomancer

zegulas said:
Dude, why do you take each and every word literally?
Coz thats how debate works. By facts, not by absurd reasoning,expert comments from someone ignorant about the topic or absurd examples!

zegulas said:
Removing water was just a hyperbole.
And I request u not to eva bring this kind of absurd reasoning with an insane "but if" factor! If u have even a bit of intellect than u'll probably know what I'm talking about!

zegulas said:
And well, if the forefathers were so intelligent, then they won't have extinct by a comet,
N what makes u think that? "What if" (like ur "but if") comet is twice the size of earth?

zegulas said:
because even we have the technology to get rid of any kind of a comet coming towards us!
Are u kidding?? If u are a science student if u have even a little knowledge about science then u won't be saying such absurd things! Did nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki destroyed the earth?? Then how can it destroy a comet completely? Real things aren't as u see in movies or cartoon serials buddy!

Neways it all depends on the size of comet! If its small then it can be destroyed partially and be deflected ! If its big, then there's very very little chance of destroying it even partially. It may be deflected though and that too only marginally! Comet may be even more bigger that it may not be even possible to deflect it!

SO ur idea of "any kind of comet" being deflected is a little hard for even a superb scientist to understand! Now next don't say earth can be protected from Sun's Nova!

So I humbly request u to please either post facts, say something reasonable or quit posting ur expert comments coz later I can predict u'll be giving personal comments to me!

@Sykora, if u fail to see that, then I can make u see most of that. But did u read the link,sources n comments in those sources? Coz people like u have already made such comments and have been enlightened in those comments! U ask for scientific evidence? They r there. So read the link!

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39340...

i think this deals with great genius of our past century just like newton,einstien....they were able experiment....hence they showed results...our genius were not ablew to do anykind of these things hence they are just written forms...

i think we are talking about god here

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

a little late to the discussion and a little lazy to go thru it however my question ....

y havnt the scientists been able to proove tht God doesnt exist .... and besides dont most scientists visit holy places????

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

See, both sides must understand each other's points. People who believe in god i.e. the existence of the almighty have every reason to believe in what they do.

I think atheists(more prominently leftists) should accept this fact. If a person believes that there was a bridge between India and Lanka, you've got to accept his views. You, personally, have got no proof that such a bridge did not exist, have you?

Religion is something that comforts a person, and is entirely personal to him. I'm only talking about Hinduism here. I don't know enough about other religions to state whether it is considered personal by its followers.

I'd like you to read an excellent article on religion by Bhagat Singh.

*www.punjabilok.com/misc/freedom/whyiam_ath.htm

As for science and darwinism, both have progressed, but aren't perfect. There are still loopholes in science, there is still no cure for AIDS etc.

Look at the human body as an example. Science, despite its progress, can't create something with such finesse as the human body has been created.

In the end, I'd like to point out that I'm more proud of the Indian culture that has accepted so many religions, both native and foreign than in god. Indian religions like Buddhism have spread to different parts of the world, without any bloodshed at all. That speaks volumes of our culture. It's really not important who created what; in the end, it's important that you be a good person in life. That's what Indian culture teaches us.

That's because science isn't nearly as perfect. I'd again like to say that religion is a private affair.

The scientist may believe in god, but it is also possible that through research, he may look out for alternate theories for evolution.

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

mAV3 said:
a little late to the discussion and a little lazy to go thru it however my question ....

y havnt the scientists been able to proove tht God doesnt exist .... and besides dont most scientists visit holy places????

i think u remember the rhyms..... like twinkle twinkle....
things like that...why???

coz u were made to memorise right from ur childhood and u know one thing....those are the time when the brain of a child is growing in a rapid state and takes in and stores deeper into the unconsciuos state,,,wht i am saying is..

in our country from the childhood itself they preach...MAKE THEM PRACTICE(childrens) to love god(which doesnt exist) and worhship instead of teaching the child some good stuffs,innovative stuffs...or atleast leavbe the child to play!!!!!!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

naveen_reloaded said:
in our country from the childhood itself they preach...MAKE THEM PRACTICE(childrens) to love god(which doesnt exist) and worhship instead of teaching the child some good stuffs,innovative stuffs...or atleast leavbe the child to play!!!!!!

Obviously, you know nothing about America and born-again Christians.(Bush is a prime example). Practicing religion is not a bad thing, how can it be bad?

If you think a person who practices religion is somehow lower than you, then I wouldn't comment on you much.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

mail2and said:
Obviously, you know nothing about America and born-again Christians.(Bush is a prime example). Practicing religion is not a bad thing, how can it be bad?

If you think a person who practices religion is somehow lower than you, then I wouldn't comment on you much.
bang on target .... dont americans go to church don world muslims go to mosques, i wonder y was the vatican built was it for Indians???

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

mail2and said:

i think u shouldnt even compare or think about americans with our country....

do u think thier system and ours is one???

no way...

there a boy starts his life when he enters the college itself...they leave them open to the society...and as a result..the survival of the fittest...they innovate,think,invent,improve,.....

thats why they are leading and we are following them...
yes i do agree...india too has brilliant students.../children....

whts the use???

are they been left to face the society alone??no they are spoon fed at all levels....
and one think that is hiundering young age children is the belief of GOD....
how many hours a week a child or parents spending in going to temple..or church..or mosque whtever it may be...LOADS OF `EM!!!!

yes i do believe TEMPLE,CHURCH,MOSQUE are place of relaxation, an outlet from this busy world...

but invovling too much and preaching others the wrong belief....person who take advantages of these really innocent people and takin money from them should be curbed with atmost punishment...

believe in science and realise many things than believing in something which doesnt not exist...
proof of nonexistence of god is its nonexistence itself!!!!!

SCIENCE IS GOD!!!

karmanya

Journeyman

)guys.......
logic tells us that the universe started from something right? now one of the theories (i think i read it in a novel) is that the unvierse came from energy that a huge mass of energy did something and changed to matter. (i think this is from angels and demons), now this energy could in my definition be called god i dont think that there is honestly a ram, lakshmi or even vishnu looking down at us. but a lot of good things happen in the name of god and so how does it matter i mean as long as you dont go overboard in ure beliefs and kill ppl who believe the same thing you do i think u should just think about it. As of me i personally could be called agnostic as i think of god to be a mass of life (call it living energy) i know this is sounding stupid but i just dont belive that are actions are watched over by some dudes up in the sky (i wonder is the hve LCDs there lol). another intresting read is FOOTPRINTS OF GOD by Greg Iles, it is again sience fiction but is quite cool at the end of the day "yay to bande ki belief hai yaar aur doosre ki belief par kyo apna time waste kare? unki belief to change honi hi nahi"

MysticHalo

Your Maker.

I dont know, I dont care and it doesnt make a Difference (thats what einstein said...i s'pose he was asked the same question :D )

planetcall

Indian by heart

Sykora said:
What happened to all your "proofs" after that time? Why do we recognize John Logie baird as the inventor of Radar and not Sanjeeva? Why are we not able to clone now, if ostensibly cloning was possible then?
They are proofs only if you believe that they took place at all, which will fall back to a decision of whether or not you believe in mysticism...

Well said buddy. You are the perfect example of the effect of the so called modern education system prevailing in India. We are not being told the greatness of our culture rather we are being shown the greatness of the west and the modern scientific society. Alas! you never thought of digging deep and delve into deciphering of the Indian science, once we were master of. Nevertheless, we fortunately have a great thread running in this forum(*tinyurl.com/w2mj5). You must read it before making such remarks. Galileo made the Tlelescope.....isnt it? Yes, he did but how did indians knew of other planets since centuries ? You never thought of this question simply because you have not been given the education related to your root. The hierarchy to which you belong. The culture and the great trait of which you are a part. Try digging a bit deeper buddy. The mysticism you call are more factual than you have ever imagined. Open your eyes.

Now coming to this thread. Well, first of all the God has different meanings for different people. I dont believe in any idol worship but yes, there is something called god. He is the one who is everywhere and in everything. He is the one who has well defined the laws of nature and is the supreme cause behind any other cause. He is the one which is undefined and unattributed.
What is paranormal ? It is something which doesnt seem normal today but you can not guarantee if it would be paranormal tomorrow. As I have said before, something you dont know of is not necessarily what doesnt exist or might not have existed before.
I dont criticise modern science nor I am against any civilization or its distinct heroic identities but those who favour newton or any such other great persona at the cost of our civilisation and our great Philosophies which are the result of thousands of years of thinking and debate, should look at their understanding of Indian Philosophies. God is the one who is not the otherone(अद्वैत). Making blind remarks over the subject which you have no knowledge of the other side automatically nullifies your logic. Many consider GOD as a person/character who is being worshipped by millions.
It is really funny when there are people talking about something as complex as almighty, considering him something sort of a visible item. Dont compare him to what many of you have grown up with. He is not superman or Batman incase you are looking the definition in it.
*smilieland.com/graphics3/superman.gif

xyzsuhas

Right off the assembly line

Both God & religion are concepts formulated by man(You dont see animals going to temples or singing prayers). God was created to explain things for which man did not have any answers. Religion is something personal which man believes in to keep himself in control, disciplined, and free from bad habits.

Top Bottom