Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread

red dragon

Master troll
Sony Xperia Z review: Zero hour - GSMArena.com

gsmarena's review of Z is spot on!Not only the poor viewing angle(which is a minor flaw for mobile display)but the poor contrast ratio and slightly washed out colours(no matter how hard Sony tries to boast of natural/accurate colours)is too hard to ignore.
The gimmicky Bravia Engine 2 or whatever is also a failed attempt to hide the listless screen.

kapilove77

Padawan
Seriously red dragon i got Zl and i must say I see no rubbishness in display. Everything is crisp and clear and even videos playing amazing with so many details. Showed to my friends and they were amazed too. Whoever see his phone from other angles must need help. I don't know how you watch TV in your home. :p

red dragon

Master troll
Seriously red dragon i got Zl and i must say I see no rubbishness in display. Everything is crisp and clear and even videos playing amazing with so many details. Showed to my friends and they were amazed too. Whoever see his phone from other angles must need help. I don't know how you watch TV in your home. :p

Have you compared the ZL screen with any htc 1080p panel or iphone 5 or even Lumia 920 for that matter.
Of course you will be amazed when you are comparing with older phones.
There are people with perfectly normal 6/6 vision,who can not find difference between ipad 2 and 3 and there is nothing right or wrong in it...but that does not make ipad2's panel better than 3.
If you are happy with your phone,enjoy it!
I wrote narrow viewing angle is a MINOR flaw for a mobile screen as it is mostly viewed head on.
The MAJOR flaw of the Z/ZL is the poor contrast ratio and washed out colour(and the use of another stupid SW to cover up a very ordinary,border lining flawed panel,and it is the Sharp panel)
Regarding my tv watching habit,sadly I have not been able to watch tv for a long time.

OP
randomuser111

randomuser111

Technomancer

Just ignore. :) He seems to have some personal issue with Sony. LOL

He doesn't own the phone yet he posts 100 times about Z screen as if Sony robbed his hard earned cash.

Or better yet, just put him in ignore list. Just like I'm gonna do :)

kapilove77

Padawan
I know there is difference between other phones. Some look ok and some look awsm but your making big fuss about it like those phones don't have any flaws and sony have every flaw. I know people getting ZL even after comparing it with HTC one. And with the Price point rite now Z/ZL little ahead in terms of VFM. Technology is changing step by step in smartphone even htc one or S4 going to be cheap looking against upcoming phones. So take a chill pill and relax and watch companies bringing new technology every now and then. In the end consumers will be the winners. :)

Darth Vader

In the zone
I know there is difference between other phones. Some look ok and some look awsm but your making big fuss about it like those phones don't have any flaws and sony have every flaw. I know people getting ZL even after comparing it with HTC one. And with the Price point rite now Z/ZL little ahead in terms of VFM. Technology is changing step by step in smartphone even htc one or S4 going to be cheap looking against upcoming phones. So take a chill pill and relax and watch companies bringing new technology every now and then. In the end consumers will be the winners. :)
Really ,is that what they told you? The fact is,Mobile Manufacturers are the winners, we consumers are just consumers of their **** lol

red dragon

Master troll
I am neither a Sony fanboy not a hater.Still have one of their best products ever(V6,google it up if sounds unfamiliar)
Of course wont waste my money on Z/ZL as I can not just ignore the shortcomings of the screen.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
....your making big fuss about it like those phones don't have any flaws and sony have every flaw.I know people getting ZL even after comparing it with HTC one. Technology is changing step by step in smartphone even htc one or S4 going to be cheap looking against upcoming phones.
I am making big fuss because the phone manufacturers started making the big fuss about 1080p panels and it is one of the major selling point of these phones.
BTW S4 is already cheap looking and htc one wont look cheap even after 10 years,but I can not care less about the look of a smartphone.
Do you really know of anyone who had the option of picking up one or Z at the same time and picked up the Z?

kapilove77

Padawan
I am making big fuss because the phone manufacturers started making the big fuss about 1080p panels and it is one of the major selling point of these phones.
BTW S4 is already cheap looking and htc one wont look cheap even after 10 years,but I can not care less about the look of a smartphone.
Do you really know of anyone who had the option of picking up one or Z at the same time and picked up the Z?

People will buy w/e they want. Htc win in display department i give you that but Z win in waterproof department. People have their priority to choose from variety of features. Also in india price also play big factor.

Now this shows which fan are you finally. Really 10 years? With upcoming technologies like Flexible OLED and god knows what you think after 10 year it won't look cheap? ok i rest my case.

Really ,is that what they told you? The fact is,Mobile Manufacturers are the winners, we consumers are just consumers of their **** lol

So you say having lot of manufacturers is bad thing? think if there is only 1 samsung which sell smartphones with over and over same look and not lot features and producing 1 device per 3-4 years without any competitions. You think that make us winner then?

red dragon

Master troll
Now this shows which fan are you finally. Really 10 years? With upcoming technologies like Flexible OLED and god knows what you think after 10 year it won't look cheap? ok i rest my case.

Probably you do not realise that being outdated and being cheap are two different things.
Remember those archaic Palm Treos and early Berrys or the relatively modern Moto Razr or Ming?
They are outdated for sure,but do they look cheap even today?

Pancul

Broken In
Here is the quote from Tech2 on Samsung S4 and competition:

Looking at the competition, we only see the HTC One as being a real threat to the S4. The Xperia Z is currently plagued by too many issues to even bother with, which just leaves the S4 and the One in the ring.

rider

as Kratos
I agree with red dragon. Products made with metals and glasses last and look new for long a time and much better feel in the hand.
I am using Nexus 4. It is totally made of gorilla glass 2 except the edges that are made with metal and polycarbonate.

S4 launched at 41.5k making it good VFM compared to One

41.5k for device identical to 20k Galaxy Grand with same 5" screen. No one can differentiate until using.

quagmire

Allllright !
I agree with red dragon. Products made with metals and glasses last and look new for long a time and much better feel in the hand.
I am using Nexus 4. It is totally made of gorilla glass 2 except the edges that are made with metal and polycarbonate. <-- Not until you drop your phone accidentally a couple of times.. What's the point in getting a Glass or metal exterior phone when youre gonna end up wrapping it with "cheap" rubber or plastic.. Also not forgetting hopeless repairability that these phones have..

41.5k for device identical to 20k Galaxy Grand with same 5" screen. No one can differentiate until using. <-- Please explain yourself

Replies in green..

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Replies in green..

Accident is the exception. Any phone can be damaged on dropping. Nowadays glass screen is in every phone. One should keep properly.
The advantage of glass/metallic phone is that evey time you hold the device it gives pleasure to hold.

ajaymailed

In the zone
quagmire has a point, glass/metal/plastic body, most of them end up wrapped by case. if its flip case, we almost never remove the phone out the case, in such ase feeling the sexy glass or aluminum back while holding the phone in daily use is almost out of question.

Top Bottom