Samsung Galaxy S2 for 22 to 24k INR. Worth the deal?

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys,

I just enquired with an electronic shop here and they are quoting the price of S2 at 24k (after conversion to INR). I believe, he might reduce by another 2k after bargain.

Is a S2 at 22 to 24k a good deal? He is quoting iPhone4 at the same price.

It is a GSM unlocked version.

S2 users, please comment if it is worth the purchase.

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I am inclined more toward purchasing S2. Since I'll be a buying this GSM unlocked variant abroad, will I miss any good India specific feature (GPS navigator or other useful apps)?

vulpine

Broken In
@webgenius

dude, r u kidding?? that's a killer deal. go for it!
iphone 4 for 22-24k? I would pick it up. Where is that shop man? where do u live?

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@vulpine: I'm in Seoul now. Unlocked phones sell here for lower price compared to India (probably due to lower taxes compared to India).

Initially I was inclined toward iPhone4, but S2 is hard to miss once you use it :). Also there are rumors that Nexus Prime will be released in couple of weeks (Source). Will buy the phone after checking the price of this model after the launch. If the new model is available within 27 to 28k, then would go for the newer model itself :)

mukeshgupta

Broken In
22K for the S2 is a FAB deal. You should go for it if u like the S2. Probably it can't get any cheaper than this.

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
1 question to S2 users: Does the Indian version of this model come with a GPS navigator? (I guess it is Sygix)

Soumik

Padawan
@OP - Dude!!! name the place!!! where the heck are u getting iPhone 4 and GSII for 22K??? :O. Even though i am against ppl buying iPhone 4, for 22K!!! it certainly makes a very good impression. And SGSII for 22K.. just go grab it. Its the most powerful smartphone till date.. and for 22K.. dont ask question... just get it.. :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes it is heck of a deal. If you can wait for Nexus Prime then I say to wait it out because it will most probably be a killer phone and Google will probably retake the crown of the fastest phone :wink:

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Feel it is better to wait for Nexus Prime launch. It is just a couple of weeks away. If it is priced below 28k or 30k local price here, then I'll definitely get it. Specs look very impressive.

aroraanant

Explorer
iphone 4 and S2 for 22k :shock:
Its an awesome deal man...
Both are very good phones...
Even if I would be at your place the same would have happened with me,I would have stuck in a big confusion.
So I can just say one thing to u,just close your eyes and choose any one.
Spec wise SII is much better but iphone 4 for 22k looks more good ;)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
webgenius said:
Feel it is better to wait for Nexus Prime
launch. It is just a couple of weeks
away. If it is priced below 28k or 30k
local price here, then I'll definitely get
it. Specs look very impressive.
Good choice :wink:
I think you will not be dissapointed. Google will undoubtably price it sensibly. It is the best gamble they can play against Apple :D

Soumik

Padawan
@webgenius - can u give me some details... which country are u getting it from? is it an unlocked model, or an international model? and will the device have international warranty?
Need this info for my friend's fiance who is gonna come back from US for the wedding for some time.

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@Soumik: I'm getting this from Seoul (South Korea). It is an unlocked model, but not sure whether it is a Korea specific model or international model.

I guess this does not make much difference if it is a Korea specific model since it might just have some additional apps.

Yes, it will have international warranty.

Soumik

Padawan
Need to look at Nexus Prime and Apple iPhone 4S pricing before buying. I think the international version of GSII has NFC support.

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Want to stay from iPhone as much as possible. Lack of free apps is a big problem and then the limited customization. I would prefer to go with Android family.

Heard few rumors that the Nexus Prime launch will be on 27th of this month.

Top Bottom