Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
guys X8 got eclair update.. Its worthy of buying then any other mid range droid now!

Care to elaborate? (Other than it being a SE phone, which admittedly has a better brand value and hopefully better support and the timescape UI?. ).

I've not looked much into mid-range Android phones, so am genuinely asking..

Also had read in some reviews about color banding in X8 (due to the 65-k color limitation..?) Has that been addressed in the eclair update?

als2

Journeyman
bought LG Optimus One for Rs.12.4 k way better than galaxy 3
and for the absence of flash when you click on video on any website it asked you to play that videos with default youtube player so no problem for flash.

one more thing text on galaxy 3 is blurry and pixelated .

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@Als2
Thnx for clearing my doubt (galaxy 3 screen vs optimus one). And what about loudspeaker performance as compared to galaxy 3???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
bought LG Optimus One for Rs.12.4 k way better than galaxy 3
and for the absence of flash when you click on video on any website it asked you to play that videos with default youtube player so no problem for flash.

one more thing text on galaxy 3 comparison wise is blurry and pixelated .

price just keeps getting lower & lower. from where you brought it? local shop or online or where?

als2

Journeyman
^ Hotspot local shop

loud speaker is not that loud but yes music from headphone is very loud and clear and the provided headphone also comes with noise cancellation.
i also got cover with google logo print on it

did not understand what you meant.....r yu telling optimus one's text is blurry or galaxy 3's??

galaxy 3 screen is blurry

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^ Hotspot local shop

you bargained or was the price fixed by the retailer? anyway congrats. first O1 owner here. heck, you maybe the first Froyo based mobile user in TDF :mrgreen:

loud speaker is not that loud but yes music from headphone is very loud and clear and the provided headphone also comes with noise cancellation.

hows the headphones? its comfortable to wear for long?

Cover? was it inside the box or gift by the retailer? MAN, you got the mobile for lower than market price & also got a cover. what luck :-o

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
^ Hotspot local shop

Hey congrats for the phone Als2!!!!!. by cover do you mean a pouch? Does it come with the box or did you get it from the shop specifically. Can you please let us know?

Hey you have good chance to write down a good review for the phone. Can you please do it for us. It would be great and help others to make a decision on buying it?

You can actually also just follow the previous replies and just try out the tests which many members have mentioned that we need to try on the phone. Atleast a quick initial review would do great!!!

Hoping to get one soon :-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
also as i read in GSM arena & seen in few sites, the mobile doesn't comes with driver cd. so want to know if the ones that can be downloaded from LG site will work with the mobile & if we can have GPRS/3G on PC using them.

als2

Journeyman
you bargained or was the price fixed by the retailer? anyway congrats. first O1 owner here. heck, you maybe the first Froyo based mobile user in TDF :mrgreen:

hows the headphones? its comfortable to wear for long?

Cover? was it inside the box or gift by the retailer? MAN, you got the mobile for lower than market price & also got a cover. what luck :-o

headphone are really comfy and i compared them with creative ep 630 and found they are loud and clear.
cover is inside the box with google logo sort of pouch
mobile store quote me 12.8k for set and hot spot 12.5 k i bargained and hotspot best offer was 12.4k
moreover pc suit is preloaded in memory card so as soon as you connect the mobile via usb installation starts.

so far initial review is that it is best android low bugdet phone
touch is great
very fast response
well balanced weight (didnt feels bulky)
screen is huge being HVGA
browser is good
apps market another + point
angry birds rocks :)
and one more thing phone also has inbuilt graphic chip(details are on gsmarena)

tip: taskkiller is must as background app. takes lots of memory

Hey congrats for the phone Als2!!!!!. by cover do you mean a pouch? Does it come with the box or did you get it from the shop specifically. Can you please let us know?

Hey you have good chance to write down a good review for the phone. Can you please do it for us. It would be great and help others to make a decision on buying it?

You can actually also just follow the previous replies and just try out the tests which many members have mentioned that we need to try on the phone. Atleast a quick initial review would do great!!!

Hoping to get one soon :-D

follow previous post of mine
will review from time to time as i am new to android so playing with the set :)

Last edited:
OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
headphone are really comfy and i compared them with creative ep 630 and found they are loud and clear.
mobile store quote me 12.8k for set and hot spot 12.5 k i bargained and hotspot best offer was 12.4k
moreover pc suit is preloaded in memory card so as soon as you connect the mobile via usb installation starts.

touch is great
very fast response
browser is good

follow previous post of mine
will review from time to time as i am new to android so playing with the set :)

Great!!!!

- how about video playback? Have you checked the resolution it plays. whats the max resolution it supports?

- Also I read somewere the QWERTY keys are small and not that comfortable. Can you please confirm as its fine for you?

- Did you try any other games as such?

Thanks in advance for answering them :)

als2

Journeyman
^ video-not yet tried
- you have the option of lg keypad as well as android.lg is small but android is good (you can always use landscape mode to write message and android mkt. also have other keypad options,so choose accordingly).
- not yet

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@als2

Try BenchmarkPi(from android market) and Benchmark and post the result.

It would be a good comparison between galaxy 3 and optimus one... :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
pc suit is stored in sd card of the phn.......got the phn 2 days back awesme phn

WOW. nice idea used by LG guys. save money + give the drivers also :smile:

thats great. i think only Nokia gives a piece of junk that they tell headphone.

looks like everyone providing this cover. Samsung & Motorola (maybe). adds value to the already low competitive budget price.

in Mobile Store you may have got a similar discount but anyway price is really good one.

can the driver be backed up? in case we format the card.

touch is great
very fast response
browser is good

the processor is a Qualcomm MSM7227 which has a builtin Adreno 200 GPU.

Adreno 200 inside the QSD8x50 (1GHz) and MSM7x27 (600MHz A11+L2 cache). It offers a programmable function pipeline and streaming textures with support for OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.3, Direct3D Mobile, SVGT 1.2 and DirectDraw.

can't it be removed by rooting the mobile?

- you have the option of lg keypad as well as android.lg is small but android is good (you can always use landscape mode to write message and android mkt. also have other keypad options,so choose accordingly).

but can't use dictionary with the default Android handset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom