Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Yep. They have started to make fun of themselves at this point.

One suggestion- "think before you post"...
Its the matter of opinions and i think everyone is independent of sharing their views on some topics...
Is supporting a device really make someone stupid, if yes then welcome to this "community of stupids" as you too are G3 biased...

Both of them do not have any first- hand experience and yet, taking help of some twisted logic, are trying to defend O1. At least the one's defending G3 are its actual USERS

Yeah, we both dont hav a first hand experience with O1, but do you??? Have you used O1 yourself??? No, then you too cant claim that G3 is superior than O1 as you hav only used G3...
The same condition goes on you too buddy!!!

Moreover, one of us do has a first hand experience with G3 and other with O1 predecessor GT540. We both knows pros and cons of their respective phones and they admit it...
Niraj do admit that GT540 is not good enough in multimedia and i admit that G3's resolution is bad if compared even with galaxy i7500...

And where do we used "twisted" logic. I think all was fare and square...

Taking help of some random review sentences to bash G3 has become pointless I think.

I think that if someone is about to buy a gadget, the most reliable source to know about that gadget is its reviews by some trusted sources... Correct me if i m wrong!!!
Same thing applies for mobile phones. I really prefer these reviews...
I think one shud believe a review from some site which has reviewed a tonns of phones rather a person who has reviewed just one phone on a blog...

And do post your opinion on- Advantages of G3 over O1...

Last edited:

Aditya11

Journeyman
NainO said:
Is supporting a device really make someone stupid, if yes then welcome to this "community of stupids" as you too are G3 biased...

Did anyone say you are stupid? Are you claiming to be one?

And I am not biased towards G3, but fail to understand where O1 shines so much so as to leave G3 far behind, and thereby defend G3.

NainO said:
Yeah, we both dont hav a first hand experience with O1, but do you??? Have you used O1 yourself??? No, then you too cant claim that G3 is superior than O1 as you hav only used G3...
The same condition goes on you too buddy!!!

What a fallacy of logic. I can say something confidently about a phone because its something I have USED personally. Nowhere in my posts I said, O1 lacks this and that, because obviously I have not USED O1. However, if one says, O1 is faster and its resolution is better, then I confidently ask “ok..so?” Simply because those things aren’t problematic in G3, for me, to start with. And I know this because I have USED it for 3 months now. Imagine a salesman trying to sell you something, boasting of features that I do not even need. Couple that with superior brand, better multimedia and promise of future OS updates from Samsung, why should I be attracted towards LG’s O1? I would, but ONLY if I want FroYO immediately..

Apart from that, biggest logic fail with your and niraj’s arguments is this: not using a device and still advocating it blindly. You can never predict what problems any device poses before trying it for day-to-day use. For example, battery backup that is often cited as problematic in G3 wasn't very well addressed in many reviews, if at all (yes, even many trusted sites which review phones daily!). Same is the case with spotty GPS reception. How on earth will you know whether O1 will be free of such problems? What if it turns out to be one of the worst phones in terms of battery back-up? Simply saying, "oh but GT540 never had battery back-up problem" WILL make look stupid..and thus using GT540 to presume superiority of O1 is what I call twisted logic.

A much practical way to put forth your opinions is this: "I think O1 might be a better choice because of these and these (may be subjective) reasons but we need to wait till some users get their hands on it" Instead, we see you two guys arguing against me on points such as gaming scores (!) of some other devices (!!) and highlighting random lines from G3 reviews and asking for clarification! Uh. I hope you drop the fanboysim and see things practically..

NainO said:
Moreover, one of us do has a first hand experience with G3 and other with O1 predecessor GT540. We both knows pros and cons of their respective phones and they admit it...

Predecessor thing simply isn’t working anymore, as explained above.

NainO said:
Niraj do admit that GT540 is not good enough in multimedia

Does he? He is constantly flip-flopping and still undecided, it would appear.

NainO said:
and i admit that G3's resolution is bad if compared even with galaxy i7500...

Huh? HVGA is better than WQVGA..but the real question is, is WQVGA "bad"? I do not think so. Another question is: “will 256k colors prove sufficient on HVGA?”

NainO said:
I think that if someone is about to buy a gadget, the most reliable source to know about that gadget is its reviews by some trusted sources... Correct me if i m wrong!!!

What I said above. Moreover, reviews offering an opinion after a day's usage of phone can be REFERECNED but can't wholly be TRUSTED upon. A user's opinion is the most valid one, that’s why forums like Thinkdigit exist and you and me discuss here. If everyone just reads those reviews and buys phones, we won’t even need such discussions, right?

NainO said:
I think one shud believe a review from some site which has reviewed a tonns of phones rather a person who has reviewed just one phone on a blog...

Lol. Is that a personal attack? I think you wont be able to write one informative, logical and coherent paragraph anywhere, let alone do quality blogging consistently, so leave it be.

And no, I simply do not claim that BECAUSE I have a blog others should trust me more. That isn’t even a factor. I am simply curious to see USER opinions about O1's worth over G3, (highlight being USERS) and not just reviews from sites.

P.S.= within 30 mins of time I see votes for O1 getting increased by 2. Is anyone telling their friends to vote?! ;) This is curious because O1 isn't even out yet for people to so confidently vote for..

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
My phone died in 4 hours of gprs usage today.on top of that there was no power. My phone, 5233, has a 1350mah battery and it lasted only about 4 hours lol. Battery draining problem is common in smart phones. Just keeping the screen on with full brightness will drain the battery considerably. :(
also this annoying thing in android that there is no proper way to turn off an app but to use a task killer.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Dude thats where AMOLED screen comes handy!!

only a little. Legend's battery drains super fast once you start browsing web non-stop on EDGE or on Wi-Fi or start playing games or videos. Having AMOLED may give few minutes extra juice.

I see that 1500mAh and 1700 mAh usually used in these smartphones with big display and web-centric UI. To keep the phone slim, the batteries are similar to what yester-year's phones like N81, SE W series phones used to have. The moment the battery capacity goes to 2000mAh, the phone's thickness nearly doubles.

niraj87

Broken In
@Aditya

I can understand that I've been defending my GT540 n thats irritating u. Its that just as we admit disadvantages of our devices, G3 users (including u) could, too. I dont intend to bash ur beloved G3, but I compare my phone with all the phones of the entry-level Android category (coz I need to know if I have made the right choice or not), n prove where each device lies, with no intention of showing myself superior for fun! If u can prove something against my phone or the O1 or LG as a brand, we're ready to buy it, aren't we?

If I post benchmark scores, reviews and videos, they are proofs of tests of the devices, with which I intend to show these buyers the relative quality of the device n the brand thats proudly been proclaimed to be the best on these forums, as compared to their rivals, with blind-faith. Abt the flip-flop u stated, its that I myself wanted a device for excellent music, n recently realized the power of my phone after exhaustive testing, which is why I wanted Gollum (a user of both Nokia 5800 n G3), to review the relative audio quality of G3 compared to Nokia 5800. This is bcoz I want to know abt where the LG's audio quality lies, when compared to Nokia's n Samsung's n so what wrong do u find here?

From the statement where u said we're making fun of ourselves n a few more statements, it can be interpreted that u don't care to respect others or understand business strategies, or want to make a personal attack urself. No one wants to show themselves superior here, since we dont even know each other.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
G3 has 5.1 surround sound visualization. Which is not there in any of the discussed phones.
5800 comes nowhere near g3 in terms of sound quality.
As for me, i just want the job to be done without the need of installing any third party app.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why do everytime the discussion drifts away from the main topic !!!

I can say something confidently about a phone because its something I have USED personally. Nowhere in my posts I said, O1 lacks this and that, because obviously I have not USED O1.

i have read your review & i feel you posted what you felt by using the device. now theres no point for others to take up your words fully. some users have have different experience with the mobile.

However, if one says, O1 is faster and its resolution is better, then I confidently ask “ok..so?” Simply because those things aren’t problematic in G3, for me, to start with. And I know this because I have USED it for 3 months now. Imagine a salesman trying to sell you something, boasting of features that I do not even need. Couple that with superior brand, better multimedia and promise of future OS updates from Samsung, why should I be attracted towards LG’s O1? I would, but ONLY if I want FroYO immediately..

also O1 will be costly. how much, nobody have any descent idea. maybe 1k, maybe 2k. after O1 starts selling here, Samsung may lower G3 price. making price diff 3k. for now we just know G3 is & will be cheaper. yes for some 2-3k price diff doesn't matters lot, than why buy O1? why not go for the Dell mobile that cost ~15k & still offers no added advantage? or simply get Nokia C6-01.

& Aditya, i think it isn't good to talk about promises here. G3 may get Froyo update in 2012. will it make any sense then? desibond was right. look what you get now. and not what suppose to come tomorrow.

Simply saying, "oh but GT540 never had battery back-up problem" WILL make look stupid..and thus using GT540 to presume superiority of O1 is what I call twisted logic.

heres a good example of what aditya pointed to: Samsung G.Spica vs Samsung G3. G3 is successor of Spica. so it suppose to be better. is it so?

What I said above. Moreover, reviews offering an opinion after a day's usage of phone can be REFERECNED but can't wholly be TRUSTED upon. A user's opinion is the most valid one, that’s why forums like Thinkdigit exist and you and me discuss here. If everyone just reads those reviews and buys phones, we won’t even need such discussions, right?

reviews as user experience both equally important. simply buying a mobile or any other electronic (parts of a PC) can sometime turn out to be a no-brainer decision. a item getting 5start rating in reviews can turn out to be a mediocre item in real life. no proof to justify my lines but if you read enough review & is in tech field for sometime you'll know it yourself.

And no, I simply do not claim that BECAUSE I have a blog others should trust me more. That isn’t even a factor. I am simply curious to see USER opinions about O1's worth over G3, (highlight being USERS) and not just reviews from sites.

a request to all members here, don't compare 2 reviews directly. review is not simply about reading out the specs & testing if the specs are correct (from tone of others i feel this how they take a review). it involves lot more labor & its mainly what a reviewer feel.

if you ask someone who using a Samsung GS to review a G3 & give points according to how he liked it. he may give a very low score. that doesn't mean G3 bad. & same will happen to O1. both these mobiles are budget Androids & have to make adjustments to sell at their respective price points.

PS: i not defending Aditya nor i know him. just giving my points so you guys discuss it accordingly rather than taking the discussion to streets or take it personally.

If u can prove something against my phone or the O1 or LG as a brand, we're ready to buy it, aren't we?

other than brand many more thing needs to be considered. support, problems in the long run (sudden death of N8, battery life of G3, etc) are couple of things.

If I post benchmark scores, reviews and videos, they are proofs of tests of the devices, with which I intend to show these buyers the relative quality of the device n the brand thats proudly been proclaimed to be the best on these forums, as compared to their rivals, with blind-faith.

i hope not but if O1 starts dying like N8 or the nokia mobiles. it'll be trouble. let O1 appear in Indian market & let users post their finding as well as any problems that may surface after 1-2 weeks of use.

G3 has 5.1 surround sound visualization. Which is not there in any of the discussed phones.

smile detection in camera. its not a very important feature, specially when cam is mere 3.2Mp shooter without even a simple flash but some may like it.

but i hope the bundled headphones are good. else add 0.5-1.5k to total cost. BTW, anyone have any idea if LG O1 bundled headphone any good? should be same as the ones bundled with the older Androids.

Last edited:

JCAssassin

Broken In
The battery in 01 is 1500mah. This is already not bad for a budget phone. LG offers quite good customer support. My old phone broke down and i sent it to them. U got it back repaired in about three days

niraj87

Broken In
@Gollum -

Thats excellent. None of the reviews I read mentioned abt the 5.1 surround sound feature in the G3.

If the G3 wudnt have had these issues, I might have gone for it, which is why I asked NainO the price he wud want to sell his G3 for, but whats stopping me are its obvious disadvantages of GPU, video recording and resolution (coz I read lot of pdf/doc/html files on my phone).

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@aditya

Did anyone say you are stupid? Are you claiming to be one?

I think you forgot about your previous post stating- "Yep. They have started to make fun of themselves at this point."

And I am not biased towards G3, but fail to understand where O1 shines so much so as to eave G3 far behind, and thereby defend G3.

Ahemmmm... This lines are typically G3 biased...

I can say something confidently about a phone because its something I have USED personally. Nowhere in my posts I said, O1 lacks this and that, because obviously I have not USED O1. However, if one says, O1 is have not USED O1. However, if one says, O1 is faster and its resolution is better, then I confidently ask “ok..so?” Simply because those things aren’t problematic in G3, for me, to start with. And I know this because I have USED it for 3 months now. Imagine a salesman trying to sel you something, boasting of features that I do not even need. Couple that with superior brand, even need. Couple that with superior brand, better multimedia and promise of future OS updates from Samsung, why should I be attracted towards LG’s O1? I would, but ONLY if I want FroYO immediately.. better multimedia and promise of future OS updates from Samsung, why should I be attracted updates from Samsung, why should I be attracted towards LG’s O1? I would, but ONLY if I want FroYO immediately.

A much practical way to put forth your opinions is this: "I think O1 might be a better choice because of these and these (may be subjective) reasons but we need to wait till some users get their hands on it" Instead, we see you two guys arguing against me on points such as gaming scores (!) of some other devices (!!) and scores (!) of some other devices (!!) and highlighting random lines from G3 reviews and asking for clarification! Uh. I hope you drop the fanboysim and see things practically.. highlighting random lines from G3 reviews and asking for clarification! Uh. I hope you drop the fanboysim and see things practically.

Predecessor thing simply isn’t working anymore as explained above.

Huh? HVGA is better than WQVGA..but the rea question is, is WQVGA "bad"? I do not think so. Another question is: “will 256k colors prove sufficient on HVGA?”

What I said above. Moreover, reviews offering an opinion after a day's usage of phone can be opinion after a day's usage of phone can be REFERECNED but can't wholly be TRUSTED upon. A user's opinion is the most valid one

And you called my posts illogical...

If someone personally like a phone its not a necessary that other peoples wud like it too.
And about user opinions i think O1 has better users rating than G3 apollo at gsmarena...

We shud really consider 1million sale of O1 as a plus point.

Lol. Is that a personal attack?

Actually that was an opinion...

And do post your opinion on advantages of G3 over O1...

@niraj

Just tried GT540 one hr ago. And sadly found that its display is better than my G3. Text and images were more crisp :).

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
@Gollum -

Thats excellent. None of the reviews I read mentioned abt the 5.1 surround sound feature in the G3.

If the G3 wudnt have had these issues, I might have gone for it, which is why I asked NainO the price he wud want to sell his G3 for, but whats stopping me are its obvious disadvantages of GPU, video recording and resolution (coz I read lot of pdf/doc/html files on my phone).

video recording is definitely crappy on both phones. If you want video recording then go for nokia. 30fps vga is awesome.
And i found an easy way to solve the colour depth issue.
In windows xp go to desktop properties and navigate to the tab that allows you to change the colour depth of the monitor.
Now select the colour depth a high colour (this is 256k colour depth) and later change it to true colour (this is 16 million colour depth)
for colour test, open up an image which has a smooth transition in change of colours.
For example look at a polished pipe, with its top portion brighter, kept in the horizontal position.
Notice that the shade of silver changes from light to dark from to to bottom.
In 256k colour this transition will not be smooth and will appear as horizontal bars of shades from light to dark; whereas in 16m colours you will get a smooth transition of colour from light to dark.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The battery in 01 is 1500mah. This is already not bad for a budget phone. LG offers quite good customer support. My old phone broke down and i sent it to them. U got it back repaired in about three days

rated at 1500mAh. but who knows how long it lasts under day to day usage & till when it last before showing signs of ageing.

headphone only. not loudspeaker.

better visit Samsung showroom or try get your hands on a G3 once. the screen, even if of lower resolution "maybe" enough for your needs.

And about user opinions i think O1 has better users rating than G3 apollo at gsmarena...

don't follow GSM Arena poll. anyone can rate there. a poll on a good forum carries more sense.

Froyo on O1 is one reason that it sales are so high. only had G3 froyo update, it too would have rocked. sadly no news about it yet. i won't be surprised if O1 sells crack 2M soon & Samsung intos a new budget Galaxy with Android2.3 to counter O1.

niraj87

Broken In
@Gollum -

I had posted these video links earlier in the same thread. Since u dont have a PC, u must not have been able to watch these videos. Did u? It clearly shows the video recording quality of the three phones, in which the Optimus' video recording is better than both the other, irrespective of the no. of fps, tho I cant claim abt the video rec. quality of the recent Nokia smartphones. If the G3 provided atleast as good video rec. quality as the GT540's, I might have thot abt selling my phone n getting a used G3.

LG Optimus GT540 Video Sample - 640x480 - 17fps - mp4
Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs

Samsung Galaxy 3 Video Sample - 320x240 - 15fps - 3gp

Nokia 5800 Video Sample - 640x352 - 30fps - mp4

Last edited:

Aditya11

Journeyman
@aditya

I think you forgot about your previous post stating- "Yep. They have started to make fun of themselves at this point."

And thats same as saying you are stupid? Jeez.

Ahemmmm... This lines are typically G3 biased...

And you called my posts illogical...

I see that you have not discussed a single point from my post and instead wrote out-of-context lines. I am beginning to see a pattern here. Even some other user did have enough brains to address my post in a proper way.

If someone personally like a phone its not a necessary that other peoples wud like it too.

Seems you have hard time practicing this yourself.

Yes, very convincing criteria. What next, O1 comes in a shiny box??

Irrelevant. People bought iPhone 4 in huge numbers due to hype and within days started reporting antenna issues.

And do post your opinion on advantages of G3 over O1...

Re-read my starting posts once again. I am getting tired of repeating simple things with you..also, refrain from replying to my post unless you have any valid, logical and discussion-worthy points.

Good day.

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Hey Guys please stop fighting!!! I started this post just to get an idea as to what you people feel. Even if I read gsmarena, phonereview and what not I always feel to have a word with you guys here on DIGIT. I have been with DIGIT(initially CHIP) since '98 and I really like the people here when they share personal experience with their devices.

Niraj,Aditya,Gollum,NainO are majorly contributing here and that really great thing. There are all sorts of things happening here; links, tests, experiences. Everyones getting lots of knowledge and believe me even very minute details which I guess I would have never thought before buying a mobile :-D

So I guess lets just hold up. Let LG optimus one launch and then we can have actual users review.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@aditya

Guess i really hav to refrain from replying to your posts, as my points/opinions will end up beeing tagged as either "illogical" or "subjective" again...
Its seems no use of defending O1 against you and yours G3, as you IMO are not ready to accept any other suggestions...

Moreover its seems like you got better G3 than me. Or its just me that dont like this phone very much.

And stop using statements like "making fun of yourself" and "having much brain", as these statements doesnt show bright side of yours...

This will be my last post in this thread, so better not reply to this post of mine as i m not willing to again read a post full of your "logic"...

I still support O1 over my G3 :)...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think the discussion here will be over soon. flipkart retailing LG O1 @ 12,999 with cash on delivery option. & Samsung G3 @ 11,901. now if 1,089 (roughtly 1k) brings u froyo & higher resolution screen. i'll openly go for O1. either samsung bring G3 price to 11k or below (as Lg O1 just debuted. even 500 bucks discount will cut G3's sell by 90% until you a diehard fan of Samsung). even after pricecut a Froyo update is really necessary.

hope Samsung technicians reading this (i know they are not, sadly).

Edit I: G3 retailing for 11,799. but still 1,200 isn't too high. even 2k looks less without froyo. & i feel O1 price will come down a bit before 2011. if it retails for 12k exactly, it'll be best buy budget android.

LG Optimus One P500

Samsung Galaxy3 I5801

Edit II: LG O1 retailing for 12,819 @ MobileStore. heres the link: Lg Optimus1 (P500).

& Samsung G3 for 12,079 @ Mobilestore. link: Samsung Galaxy 3

so comparing G3 (flipkart) to O1 (mobilestore) the price diff is only 1,020. i genuinely smiling now :lol:

i not sure how many more edits will come but who cares. let the pillow fight continue :grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom