Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam111

Right off the assembly line
indian users are terribly miss informed here.lg p500 support 262k color resolution not 56k.
check it out yourself>>>

LG P500 All Phones - LG Optimus one is the optimal choice for a versatile smart phone that transforms to become whatever you want through advanced technology and unlimited applications. - LG Electronics IN

and yes te indian version supports flash 10.1 as its written on the box and i saw it on youtube.i'll try to find the link for that later.

YouTube - lg optimus one comes with flash 10.1 + inear head phones.MPG

YouTube - lg optimus with flash 10.1.MPG

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Yup, no flash support for both galaxy 3 and Optimus One (due to hardware limitations) :-(

Our 2010 holiday gift guide: Texting Santa - GSMArena.com

Webpage of the month :-D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Naino, i specially like the SE X10 mini pro joke. asking for a production version. & yes charm looks like a piece of brick.

BTW, HTC Smart, it uses Brew OS. is it so bad?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ yeah, whats so pro abt Mini Pro(than Mini)???
:-D

And i think Brew OS is not fit to face competition(against other OSs), thats why they said that. Even HTC adopted android :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
a small keyboard? err, a demo/baby keyboard :grin:

a few mobiles do use BREW but uses skins. maybe its like a shemale mobile OS. good for nothing, suites nobody but yes definite flop if you ask 8k for such a piece.

Aditya11

Journeyman
are you talking about lack of good preinstalled softwares or the crap useless softwares that manufacturers bundle with their mobiles?

BOTH. However, when it comes to pre-installed software, they aren't outright bad, while the PC suites are almost always pathetically buggy and deficient.

personal preference totally. some peoples just want a smartphone to do twitter & FB. & that they can do multitasking on the go.

Coincidentally, both Twitter and FB are APPS. And multitasking is done between APPS only, so my point still holds.

i'll say if someone shifting from Spica to G3, he'll say the resolution isn't good at all. but if for someone, G3 is the first smartphone or his first true smartphone, he'll be happy with the screen as well as its performance.

This is only a self-pleasing presumption. You ignore the fact that some people, including me, must have extensively tested other phones before purchase. Whether they *personally* are using a smartphone for the first time or not isn't always a valid factor.

also i don't think interest in gaming last that long on a portable device, something that isn't a PSP. assassins creed on PC is a totally different experience to that on a mobile (haven't played but from experience & comparison of other games i can say that). also a game will drain battery really fast.

BUT WHAT ABOUT GPU...!!!! THAT IS, I MEAN, LIKE THE *MOST* IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR ME TO PURCHASE A BUDGET SMARTPHONE!!!!!!! I LIKE TO SHOW OFF GPU SCORES FROM RANDOM SITES TO PROCLAIM HOW ULTRA COOL MY PHONE IS, DOOOOD!!! :-D

i agree with hrithan :p
If all these are left out than you what is the exact purpose you have bought phone for?

Since you are a NOOb in Android as your name claims, I think I should ignore your naive question.

I know you will say it is subjective and user prefrence and many other things but what exactly is your preference that makes you think G3 is better?

Reading my previous posts shouldn't be hard!

Like i said it is better in
1] QWVGA
2] Multi-touch
3] 3 mp

And of course, these are so small things!!

I dont completely agree that only purpose of froyo is to apps2sd. I agree that it is main purpose but other things are also bundeled:

1] Froyo lets you turn your phone into a hotspot—including for your Wi-Fi iPad, if you're so inclined.

The fact that you say "if you're so inclined" automatically makes this OPTIONAL.

2] Froyo is up to 5x faster than Eclair, thanks to a just-in-time compiler. etc..

Each new version of Android come with guaranteed speed enhancements and optimized performance, so that is nothing new. Majority of people, however, look for FEATURES that are totally new and impossible to implement on earlier versions of Android (apart from Custom ROMs, at least). I consider apps2SD to be one such feature. Another feature in upcoming version of Android OS is dedicated Music store, separate market space for 3D games, support for Google TV and more. Point is, no one JUST waits for speed enhancements anymore when already their 800Mhz + enabled processors don't show much lag to start with. Geeks always look for FEATURES! :)

The reason why I previously compared G3 with G5 is because G5 is very good phone dont know why it is not considered by anyone here.

Three cons in comparison to G3 is:
1] Smaller display
2] WVGA [dont know exactly it never bothered much]
3] 2mp camera.

Lol. So here you say WVGA didn't bother you much and then when I say exact same thing about QWVGA of G3 in comparison to O1, you somehow have problem in accepting that?

Nothing else than this, if performance wise is considered G5 beats G3 hands down.I dont know how many of you have got the chance to test both the phones side by side. Gladly I had and it showed me clear results.

Good joke. In one of your previous post, you admitted being tested on a fault G3 model and now you state those results as some sort of a proof? The piece of G3 that you tested didn't even install many apps, let alone run it...why your benchmarking results should be taken seriously, if at all?

hello guys,

Got a Galaxy 3 :smile: Optimus 1 was available. I went for G3, as it has got almost all features i want, and of course, i wanted 2.2, but then i can use a custom ROM :grin:

Reason why i didnt go for O1 ?? I m not sure about LG phones, how they perform , after sales service , and my mind didnt allow me to go for an "LG" phone ... :grin:

And yea, i m loving my G3 .. biggg upgrade from N72

Hearty congrats! and yes, if I were you, I too would stay 10 feet away from LG 'brand'. :cool:

Do check: G3 sub-forum on XDA-developers, mainly the Android Development section.

BTW, HTC Smart, it uses Brew OS. is it so bad?

It is not bad..it is...WORST..than anything else in the market! Doesn't excel at absolutely ANYTHING.[/quote]

maybe its like a shemale mobile OS. good for nothing, suites nobody.

ROFL. I wonder what made you do such peculiar comparison! Surely, not involving some personal experience?!?! :))

Last edited:

noobdroid

Broken In
@aditya
No offense but you are heavily biased towards G3 and for whatever reason you just want to prove it that you are correct.
BTW i made tests on working G3 not the faulty one and claimed the above stats.
Regarding me being noob.. lol you just dont know me and to what extent i have tested droids maybe "Jetboy" will let you know.. take care and yeah you are right [if this made you happy].. lol

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Each new version of Android come with guaranteed speed enhancements and optimized performance, so that is nothing new. Majority of people, however, look for FEATURES that are totally new and impossible to implement on earlier versions of Android (apart from Custom ROMs, at least). I consider apps2SD to be one such feature. Another feature in upcoming version of Android OS is dedicated Music store, separate market space for 3D games, support for Google TV and more. Point is, no one JUST waits for speed enhancements anymore when already their 800Mhz + enabled processors don't show much lag to start with. Geeks always look for FEATURES! :)

add 1 more to that list. better default music player. any site that reviewed a mobile running stock android or close to one (read LG Optimus one) criticized the default player. G3 is on safe ground. it uses Samsung custom player. there are tons of player avl in market but whats default & comes bundled should be payed more importance to.

ROFL. I wonder what made you do such peculiar comparison! Surely, not involving some personal experience?!?! :))

was checking (pics of) SE X10 mini pro. the pic on the contacts section shows resembles one. ok mayn't for everyone...

niraj87

Broken In
BUT WHAT ABOUT GPU...!!!! THAT IS, I MEAN, LIKE THE *MOST* IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR ME TO PURCHASE A BUDGET SMARTPHONE!!!!!!! I LIKE TO SHOW OFF GPU SCORES FROM RANDOM SITES TO PROCLAIM HOW ULTRA COOL MY PHONE IS, DOOOOD!!!

A smartphone (doesnt matter if its entry-level) is expected to be balanced with the features. G3 is an imbalanced phone, unlike O1, since not only does it suck at the GPU, but is even low-res (kinda what HTC is disliked for), crap 3gp video recording, no support for live wallpapers. I read my pdfs and docs on my phone while travelling. What abt reading web pages while browsing? How wud I do these on the G3? Hows it at painting? I spend a lot of time at doing that. What does the O1 lack as compared to the G3? Even LG gives good pre-installed apps. Some of such great apps are ArcSoft Video editor, Layar Reality Browser, NDrive, Foursquare, ThinkFree Office n some more.

Abt brands, Even HTC Android phones, which is a bigger brand than Samsung, loses compared to LG phones (refer to HTC vs LG videos, benchmarks and user opinions abt music, cam, etc), for which u can read more on the web if u want. So, if u want to say that the G3 has to be bigger coz Samsung is supposed to be bigger than LG, then HTC phones must kick Samsung out!

Each of the results I (or others) put in were facts and accepted by experts n they are what a smartphone is judged upon, not mere playback capabilities of 720x480 to the 640x480 of O1 or 5.1 surround sound music (characteristics of a good "multimedia" phone, not relevant with a smart-phone). Also, a smarter phone has a better amount of RAM, n the mere 67Mhz of extra CPU clock speed cannot be a deal-breaker. Abt the multimedia capabilities of the Optimus family, they're what noone complains abt, unless everyone dont have a PC at home in these days like Gollum, who cant convert videos.

You can go on and on wid ur egoistic mind, but u alone dont represent the whole Android community, which means I'm saying that u must stop dominating with ur personal opinions or misbehave. Did I ever put up my personal "opinions" or were they "facts"? You put up facts against the O1 (or prove LG is worse than Samsung) n no one can deny, since no one owns either of the brands or arent biased with the phone they bought.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
A smartphone (doesnt matter if its entry-level) is expected to be balanced with the features. G3 is an imbalanced phone, unlike O1, since not only does it suck at the GPU, but is even low-res (kinda what HTC is disliked for), crap 3gp video recording, no support for live wallpapers. I read my pdfs and docs on my phone while travelling. What abt reading wed pages while browsing?How wud I do these on the G3? Hows it at painting? I spend a lot of time at doing that. What does the O1 lack as compared to the G3? Even HTC Android phones, which is a bigger brand than Samsung, loses compared to LG phones (refer to HTC vs LG videos, benchmarks and user opinions abt music, cam, etc), for which u can read more on the web if u want. So, if u want to say that the G3 has to be bigger coz Samsung is supposed to be bigger than LG, than HTC phones must kick Samsung out!

good point. well laid out :smile:

Also, a smarter phone has a better amount of RAM

good smartphone have an overall mix. good amount of ram, a good enough fast processor, a "ok" GPU, a good resolution screen & lastly looks good. 67Mhz sacrifice in processor dept may have allowed them enhance the other parts & not only does it fillup the performance gap due to slightly slow processor. but let them offer a better, much better GPU. i not know what Aditya wanted to show/make us feel by posting in bold letters about his preference for GPU performance when G3 looses badly to O1, at least in GPU scores.

also a good pricetag is what makes a mobile successful. LG O1 have it all. G3 misses few points (screen, ram & GPU) & hence pays the price of loosing to O1 (GSM arena isn't biased towards LG i guess, still gave LG O1 their recommended buy over G3. actually didn't took name of G3 at all). and most important that demands serious attention is the battery life. O1 comes with double amount of ram, better GPU & a higher resolution screen & lasts as long if not longer than G3. now i don't see anyone needs to be biased towards LG if he/she chooses LG O1 over Samsung G3.

but yah if someone goes for G3 over O1 (if he able afford both), i'll say he likes G3 or likes the design or Samsung his favorite brand. cause G3 doesn't have the upper hand in this budget Android smartphone other than its price (1k discount).

PS: i didn't use the word biased when defending G3. some mayn't like LG as a brand or isn't comfortable with LG mobiles. and i feel its perfectly normal. i like Samsung more than LG but that doesn't mean i'll buy a Samsung when LG offers much better specs, features & performance at same price.

ok continue.

noobdroid

Broken In
@niraj87
Perfect loved it
@sam.shab
some ppl cant digest the facts so want to overpower their views on others that too on public forums lol
BTW Naino has developed a special skills to ignore Aditya's biased posts... I asking for a guide to train myself... lol

Aditya agrees
1] G3 doesnt has good GPU score
2] Sometimes lags
3] Screen resolution is not great and many more flaws

but still stand by it saying its best than LG optimus one.

1] HVGA
2] Froyo
3] Good sound

and this is considered to be nothing for him lol....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yah, true. but Aditya's knowledge bank isn't blank, at least not in case of Android mobiles. i read his review. and its well detailed & highlights all the strengths & shortcomings. but just sticking to same opinion & trying defend it when its been proved (the screen as well as GPU i talking about) to be beaten by its competitor, strange.

anyway heres the LG O1 review by GSM arena: LG Optimus One P500 review: One and a half. i would love to read it now but to my extreme bad luck got Automata theory exam tomorrow so i would leave it to you guys, to go through it & continue the discussion. its more informative (& far more interesting) to read your opinions than a A-Z review.

and i hope, Aditya would agree to GSM arena's words at least (if they say O1's screen better than G3 or if G3 had a better screen & same goes to GPU performance).

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
@aditya
No offense but you are heavily biased towards G3 and for whatever reason you just want to prove it that you are correct.
BTW i made tests on working G3 not the faulty one and claimed the above stats.
Regarding me being noob.. lol you just dont know me and to what extent i have tested droids maybe "Jetboy" will let you know.. take care and yeah you are right [if this made you happy].. lol

@noobdroid: Keep on coming with your tests dude..I know you are doing very well. Having a Noob word before your name doest make you a noob. The tests done by you prove a lot of things......

A smartphone (doesnt matter if its entry-level) is expected to be balanced with the features. G3 is an imbalanced phone, unlike O1, since not only does it suck at the GPU, but is even low-res (kinda what HTC is disliked for), crap 3gp video recording, no support for live wallpapers. I read my pdfs and docs on my phone while travelling. What abt reading web pages while browsing? How wud I do these on the G3? Hows it at painting? I spend a lot of time at doing that. What does the O1 lack as compared to the G3? Even LG gives good pre-installed apps. Some of such great apps are ArcSoft Video editor, Layar Reality Browser, NDrive, Foursquare, ThinkFree Office n some more.

Abt brands, Even HTC Android phones, which is a bigger brand than Samsung, loses compared to LG phones (refer to HTC vs LG videos, benchmarks and user opinions abt music, cam, etc), for which u can read more on the web if u want. So, if u want to say that the G3 has to be bigger coz Samsung is supposed to be bigger than LG, then HTC phones must kick Samsung out!

Each of the results I (or others) put in were facts and accepted by experts n they are what a smartphone is judged upon, not mere playback capabilities of 720x480 to the 640x480 of O1 or 5.1 surround sound music (characteristics of a good "multimedia" phone, not relevant with a smart-phone). Also, a smarter phone has a better amount of RAM, n the mere 67Mhz of extra CPU clock speed cannot be a deal-breaker. Abt the multimedia capabilities of the Optimus family, they're what noone complains abt, unless everyone dont have a PC at home in these days like Gollum, who cant convert videos.

You can go on and on wid ur egoistic mind, but u alone dont represent the whole Android community, which means I'm saying that u must stop dominating with ur personal opinions or misbehave. Did I ever put up my personal "opinions" or were they "facts"? You put up facts against the O1 (or prove LG is worse than Samsung) n no one can deny, since no one owns either of the brands or arent biased with the phone they bought.

@niraj87: Very well said...You have been rocking from day one dude ;)

BTW: Have anyone checked the Poll, O1 is just only 5 votes behind G3...I am sure as and how people will come to know about O1...we will soon see the other way round........

Last edited:

noobdroid

Broken In
Finally review by GSMarena

LG Optimus One P500 review: One and a half - GSMArena.com

LG has a superior Qualcomm Qualcomm MSM7227Processor with Adreno 200 graphics and is way better than Samsung S5P6422. In short the P500 pawns the Galaxy 3

Last edited:

pratik385

In the zone
Guys, I am new over here, This is my First Post actually.

I am also looking for Buying Android Devices between range 10-15K Rs

My needs are :

Must haves > Good Battery back up and Call Clarity

and other stuff > Resolution, music, camera, Web browsing.

Out of Lot i have found these 3 options now i want you help
every device having or will be having 2.2 Froyo
Samsung Galaxy 3 Vs LG Optimus One Vs HTC WildFire

Or Should i wait for Q1 period for Mobile launch as 2.3 Gingerbread will be out soon ?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Finally a review by GSMarena. A much detailed review :-D

@niraj
Nice one dude!!! :)

@sam.shab
but Aditya's knowledge bank isn't blank, at least not in case of Android mobiles. i read his review. and its well detailed & highlights all the strengths & shortcomings. but just sticking to same opinion & trying defend it when its been proved (the screen as well as GPU i talking about) to be beaten by its competitor, strange.
Even i did!!!
One con mentioned by him was - it does not support 720p video playback. What??? :-|
720p on mid end android phone!!! He was actually expecting a 720p video playback support!!!
On the contrary he found its 240*400 resolution sufficient :shock:

IMO the review wasnt well detailed but just a FAN opinion towards his new phone :-D

@noobdroid
Just what jetboy said!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom