Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Totally agreed for 2.8" thats why I thought to go for G3 then after having a brief testing have opted to go for Optimus one

@naino
agreed brother but i compared with a phone which was considered to be a noob in front of G3 and I thought G3 would b tad better than G5 but it wasnt.
Btw did you got the phone? Arggh I went for the purchase I didnt had it availble in my area.

You can always buy it from LG P500 THUNDER Phone Details - 3G;MP3;Wi-Fi;GPS;FM;E-MAIL :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

Funny thing; they have named it as Optimus P500 THUNDER :-D..btw very popular site univercell.in

ankit android

Right off the assembly line
Finally bought the O1.

The default keyboards are not quite good. But I have installed swype and it works flawlessly. So far so good:grin:

Hi,
I am also a new Optimus User (and an android noob too). Can you give me the Swype apk, the droid one that i downloaded does not support 320X480 resolution.

thanks

niraj87

Broken In
^^Swype does work on 320x480. I use it on my LG Optimus GT540.

swype - 4shared.com download free

@Everyone - which earphones do u guys use?

Last edited:

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
hello guys,

Got a Galaxy 3 :smile: Optimus 1 was available. I went for G3, as it has got almost all features i want, and of course, i wanted 2.2, but then i can use a custom ROM :grin:

Reason why i didnt go for O1 ?? I m not sure about LG phones, how they perform , after sales service , and my mind didnt allow me to go for an "LG" phone ... :grin:

And yea, i m loving my G3 .. biggg upgrade from N72

When I say 'branding', I generally refer to FEATURES, after-sales SUPPORT and wide COMMUNITY presence for Samsung brand of phones. Availability of Custom ROMS has got nothing to do with 'software support', since Custom ROMS are inherently built for faster speeds, better optimization and no-bar access to the OS. Samsung, HTC, SE..even if they offer FroYo on time, people will still try custom ROMs for aforementioned reasons.

^^ Bang On right ..

Last edited:

niraj87

Broken In
@NainO -

But, EP630 lacks bass n everyone has this opinion abt it. Many ppl in Mumbai prefer SoundMagic P11, which is available for Rs.550 n wins over EP630.

I found out a very kool budget earphone model with extra bass by Sony, but it isnt available in India. These arent in-ear phones, but are designed such that they fit comfortably.

Sony Exhale (MDR-PQ5) Reviews | ProductWiki

The design is awesome.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kmCDu34mR8
These r available in a variety of color combinations.

quad_core

@NainO -

But, EP630 lacks bass n everyone has this opinion abt it. .

:?: I heard this for first time .

I am using ep630s from past 2 years, and i m on my second set now. Yet to find good headphones which have BASS , which can outperform ep630s ..

niraj87

Broken In
^^I had read about EP630s on many forums. Later, I had tried these n they sounded flat n lacked bass, which I was comparing with my Sony HPM70.

quad_core

^^I had read about EP630s on many forums. Later, I had tried these n they sounded flat n lacked bass, which I was comparing with my Sony HPM70.

Hmm... sounds interesting.. Will try out soundmagic P11 ... if they are available at my place ..

Hmm... sounds interesting.. Will try out soundmagic P11 ... if they are available at my place ..

I would recommend the PL21 over PL11. The bass is more boomy in PL11. PL21 is more balanced. It should be available for around 800-900 bucks.

And of course EP630 doesn't even come close;-)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
niraj87 said:
But, EP630 lacks bass n everyone has this opinion abt it.

Strange!!!
I heard people say that they dont like it due to its excessive bass :). They prefer Sondmagic PL11 cuz it produce balanced/natural sound(may be, i m not sure abt this)...

niraj87 said:
I had read about EP630s on many forums.
Later, I had tried these n they sounded flat n
lacked bass, which I was comparing with my Sony
HPM70.

How much did you paid for this Sony's earphone???

Hrithan2020

In the zone

I found the EP630 to be a bit bass heavy, but nothing compared to HPM70 which exaggerated the bass.. :) (To each his own, I guess ..Generally, I find many of my friends, prefer exaggerated bass, and think that is determinant of the sound quality)

Anyway, from what I've heard, Soundmagic PL21 is a good option in the below Rs 1k range..(some may prefer PL30..)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@NainO,
From what I've heard, PL30 produces a v.flat/ balanced sound, but is slightly lacking in bass ?
(Most likely, it'd be my next purchase..Currently using MEElectronics M6.. )

niraj87

Broken In
@Naino - My original Sony HPM70's cable had torn apart. So, I bought duplicate ones of this model twice, for Rs. 250, as I found that the duplicate ones sound exactly the same in most of the cases n look exactly like the original. I was offered an original one for Rs.600 in Heera Panna, Mumbai. But these have a proprietory Sony connector (with a 3.5mm pin at a part of the cable), tho u can buy an extension/converter cable that will allow u to plug it in the 3.5mm jack of ur phone.

*shopping.indiatimes.com/Mobile-Acc...ee-HPM-70/ctl/20375871/cat/960114/pid/1567318

Can u spot the difference?
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom