Rocksmith 2014 progress report

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Well some of them are badly made, but i guess it's worth it if you want to play your favorite songs

Will try your method to solve my hanging problem

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
These two songs are good too for strumming practice

[YOUTUBE]SyhjR_S8Vxo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Sl6HDH1gZf8[/YOUTUBE]

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*i.imgur.com/Ilb2Iy4.jpg

*i.imgur.com/l1rxjHC.jpg

*i.imgur.com/UFGgPms.jpg

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
I reached a whole new difficulty level with Master mode.

Finally I can actually start to memorize the notes instead of looking at the screen all the time.

Crossed 100% mark on some of the songs.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Faun, awesome stuff looks like real progress

Gollum, master mode is amazing, especially when you find that your fingers remember the notes by themselves. I started getting this as soon as i crossed 90%

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Was looking through some rocksmith vids on YouTube and came across this

ROCKSMITH2014 Audrey Plays Guitar - The Trooper -…:

[youtube] *youtu.be/E96Xx3I5PHQ[/youtube]

Crazy how much some people can achieve

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Was looking through some rocksmith vids on YouTube and came across this

ROCKSMITH2014 Audrey Plays Guitar - The Trooper -…:

[youtube]E96Xx3I5PHQ[/youtube]

Crazy how much some people can achieve
That kid has played guitar before and as old people say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
I'd say you can't teach an old Dog new tricks faster.

bhadkow

Broken In
Glad i stumbled upon this thread!!! Can you guys help me out a little, can you tell me where i can purchase the pc version and cable without going bankrupt? And does the cable work with *ahem* version? I am planning on connecting it to my laptop, should i go for the ps3 version instead? Cheers, count me for the jamming sessions with Yamaha Pacifica 012. ;)

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
cable works with ps3,4,pc,mac,360 and xbone.
pc is cheaper as dlc on ps3 cost 249rupee per song and 180rupee on steam for pc.

only downside is, pc version is plagued with bugs which ruins the flow amd enjoyment level.
console version of the game is great.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
yes. all you need is a pickup connected.
But I wont suggest that type of arrangement as then the accoustic guitar's sound will interfere with the sound the game creates through your speakers aka distortion, reverb and so on.

Wow you won't believe how much I've searched for ^^ that .
I have an acoustic lying around and I've given up on learning how to play(coaching is bloody expensive and the internet is a tough place to learn) , so finally I come across Rocksmith and your thread!
Well basically I want to know how much would a decent pickup cost?
Nothing fancy, just for my ps3.
And what's the big problem with this setup. The reverberation should be quite minimum , and I don't think it would affect the gameplay very much

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The PC version is mostly pretty good, not all that many hassles. Plus you get the option to download and play custom songs (not sure how that works on the PS3). Even I need advise on who is still selling rocksmith in India. Flipkart and most others show it as out of stock and snapdeal is charging a crazy 5000 bucks for it.

The pickup I'm using cost me 650 bucks (there is an image somewhere on this thread) and works pretty well. everything seems to work, except for some problems with higher notes which might just be an intonation problem with my guitar. It'll never replace the awesomeness of an electric guitar though.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Wow you won't believe how much I've searched for ^^ that .
I have an acoustic lying around and I've given up on learning how to play(coaching is bloody expensive and the internet is a tough place to learn) , so finally I come across Rocksmith and your thread!
Well basically I want to know how much would a decent pickup cost?
Nothing fancy, just for my ps3.
And what's the big problem with this setup. The reverberation should be quite minimum , and I don't think it would affect the gameplay very much

If you have a decent enough PC, Intel HD 4000 graphics and above you can play RS2014 and older RS2012
Also, you can buy just the real tone cable from Amazon.com; just make sure you buy from an amazon prime seller (similar to amazon fulfilled in amazon.in)

RT cable works with all versions of RS on all platforms.
It also works with software like guitar rig on your PC.

amruth kiran

If you have a decent enough PC, Intel HD 4000 graphics and above you can play RS2014 and older RS2012
Also, you can buy just the real tone cable from Amazon.com; just make sure you buy from an amazon prime seller (similar to amazon fulfilled in amazon.in)

RT cable works with all versions of RS on all platforms.
It also works with software like guitar rig on your PC.
Lol man, my PC is for mining, and by that I mean Minecraft.
I was wondering how the use of an acoustic guitar will affect the gameplay, few of the pages seem to say, especially on the official site that it could cause a lot of distortion, is it true.?

amruth kiran

The PC version is mostly pretty good, not all that many hassles. Plus you get the option to download and play custom songs (not sure how that works on the PS3). Even I need advise on who is still selling rocksmith in India. Flipkart and most others show it as out of stock and snapdeal is charging a crazy 5000 bucks for it.

The pickup I'm using cost me 650 bucks (there is an image somewhere on this thread) and works pretty well. everything seems to work, except for some problems with higher notes which might just be an intonation problem with my guitar. It'll never replace the awesomeness of an electric guitar though.

Okay, so only a few problems?
I just want to learn to play the thing properly.
Nothing too crazy, is it a good investment to play it this way?

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Lol man, my PC is for mining, and by that I mean Minecraft.
I was wondering how the use of an acoustic guitar will affect the gameplay, few of the pages seem to say, especially on the official site that it could cause a lot of distortion, is it true.?

Distortion + noise.
The line needs to be really clean in order for the application to detect the notes.
If its not able to detect notes or picks wrong notes, you will never get a good result and so you will not enjoy playing the guitar/game.
If you don't enjoy, you will feel demotivated to play.
If you are demotivated, you will not play
If you don't play, you will not learn

amruth kiran

Distortion + noise.
The line needs to be really clean in order for the application to detect the notes.
If its not able to detect notes or picks wrong notes, you will never get a good result and so you will not enjoy playing the guitar/game.
If you don't enjoy, you will feel demotivated to play.
If you are demotivated, you will not play
If you don't play, you will not learn

Umm, okay dad
But it can't be that bad can it?
Many have played and said it works alright,
Not as good as a electric obviously but there is no way I can shell out ten grand (or more) for a basic electric guitar.
This might be my only way to learn the instrument.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Well I've been using a signature acoustic guitar with a pickup to learn using rocksmith. Started off not even knowing how to hold the damn thing ... Been steadily improving since then. So it's absolutely possible and worth it if you are strapped on cash. I think there are a couple of images of my guitar and pickup on this thread somewhere. Might need some jugaad to get it working ... but work it does

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Wow these are tough to get right

*i.imgur.com/O2a6L3f.jpg

*i.imgur.com/R8MZa4u.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Ya7F1sb.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
here is my guitar and pickup

*i.imgur.com/29Eo4DA.jpg

*i.imgur.com/oqJ31Px.jpg

BTW I tried the guitarcade games and slides work pretty decently (it does over/under read the slide at times) and harmonics is really hard, either I'm doing it wrong or it finds it very hard to read them. But still seems like a decent setup for a little over 3500+650 bucks
For those who were asking about rocksmith on an acoustic guitar