Rip dvds with errors

zsabawalla

Right off the assembly line
I am trying to rip some DVDs but they have errors. I have tried most of the software but it just does not work because of these errors. I read tutorial in this forum about ripping such dvds using a combination of four software. I tried that method too but it did not work as the DVD Decrypter part did not complete it just hangs midway cause of errors.
I even tried the method mentioned here about alcohol 120% but that also did not work. Is there some other way to do it. Pl help.

use UltraISO it igonres the bits that it cannot read(CRC error)
but data will be lost for sure..

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
if there are lot of Physical damage on surface(lots of scratches..) then instead of trying to RIP them anymore you should better say R.I.P to them because i don't think there is a way out of that.
Thats the real problem with CD/DVD.

Neuron

Electronic.
Give a try to IsoPuzzle.You will have to put wnaspi32.dll in isopuzzle's folder.Download and extract the dll from here.

Niilesh

Padawan
If The DVD is scratched then do this - apply a little oil on its back. then clean it with a cloth. oil will be stuck b/w the scratches, that's okay and is exactly what we want.
Now try copy the contents the contents from alcohol 120% or windows itself(is slower but has better chance of recovery)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - use tera copy and try to cpy the files on the DVd manually - if tear copy can't cpy the whole file it would give you an option if you want to keep the copied content or not - just clcik yes - I've ripped some VCDs using this method ;-) - if it's viodeo dvds then you will able to watch at least some glimpses ;-)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
since there are no scratches all those oil,water and alcohol tricks are useless now.
Teracopy will be your best bet now .
If there had been unrecoverable errors while burning the disc then you might want to skip the idea of using those disc any further.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
there another app I find useful is Badcopy Pro but it's a paid app ;-)
BadCopy Pro - Floppy Disk, CD, DVD and Digital Media Data Recovery Software

Top Bottom