ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
I have the following rig:
Intel core i5 2600k - Sandybridge
G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x2 Dual channel ram
Seagate Barracuda 1 tb
XFX HD 5750
Coolermaster Extreme Power 460w

I have a Maximus IV gene z motherboard but now its dead and I want to buy a new one. My budget is around 10k. Please suggest a suitable option

saswat23

Human Spambot
What is that i5-2600k?

For mobo you should probably wait till your board comes back from RMA. If you cant wait till then get a cheaper board like Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H and continue your work.
There is no point in getting a 10k board for just 10-15 days.

OP
A

ashikns

Actually I RMA'd the board already and they gave me back a faulty one, that too waiting for it 1 month. I don't want to waste any more time on this board.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Actually I RMA'd the board already and they gave me back a faulty one, that too waiting for it 1 month. I don't want to waste any more time on this board.

Stretch the budget a bit and get ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Theitdepot - ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard

That way you'll be able to enjoy Ivy Bridge features in case you upgrade CPU in future.

saswat23

Human Spambot
If you can stretch your budget, then get that board. Else AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 is a very good option for 10k.

OP
A

ashikns

What is the difference between z77 extreme 4 and extreme 6? And does anyone know about service centres for Asrock in Kerala

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
What is the difference between z77 extreme 4 and extreme 6? And does anyone know about service centres for Asrock in Kerala

Check these spec sheets on ASRock.com

ASRock > Products > Z77 Extreme4

ASRock > Products > Z77 Extreme6

Also check this link... has nice little comparison chart

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard | Hardware Secrets

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I have the following rig:
Intel core i5 2600k - Sandybridge
G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x2 Dual channel ram
Seagate Barracuda 1 tb
XFX HD 5750
Coolermaster Extreme Power 460w

I have a Maximus IV gene z motherboard but now its dead and I want to buy a new one. My budget is around 10k. Please suggest a suitable option

You're using such power supplY and you're wondering why your board is dead?

OP
A

ashikns

I had bought the power supply and graphics card 2 years ago. Can you suggest a good alternative psu? I might upgrade my graphics card later on, but not high end..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Buy Corsair GS600 @4.1K, best choice for ~4K.
You may even get it for 4K, depending on your bargaining skill.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ price has hiked and at 4K best Op can get is a GS500 - for GS600 he needs to splurge out 800-1000 bucks more.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Current good options available around 4k:
Seasonic S12II-520 520 Watts PSU vs Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU: Compare PSUs: Flipkart.com

Or if you can get Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3 @~8K, it would be the best option.
hey but why Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3 it is a bad mobo if u he can get AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 the he should it has good oc capabilities and everything that an ideal mobo should have !!!!!!!!!!!
if there are any users pls help out !!!!!!!
im getting one for me also!!!!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
hey but why Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3 it is a bad mobo if u he can get AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 the he should it has good oc capabilities and everything that an ideal mobo should have !!!!!!!!!!!
if there are any users pls help out !!!!!!!
im getting one for me also!!!!

Hello Mr. Asrock fanboy, do you have any idea about what are you talking?
If you are so exited about extreme4, go ahead, buy it, overclock whatever processor you have to ~~4.5GHz with LLC level 2, and if the processor remains intact after p95 testing, then congrats.
Extreme4 and extreme6 have bad llc.

Top Bottom