Religion, do we really need it ?

Religion, do we really need it ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Like our Mahabharata/Ramayana, all gods were once humans who were raised to the GOD status because of their deeds.
Though they do, they dint misuse the purpose to serve them well, atleast in their lifetime..

These so-called gurus, proclaim themselves as the "Reincarnations" of god, and want to try all the possible ways of FUN with innocent-person's-hard-earned-money/donations.

That is so sad.

I always wonder how religious people will react if aliens visit out planet. :lol:

Won't make much of a difference, the pantheons are already pretty huge. Some more "gods" will get added to it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Wow this discussion seems nice and quit positive....

What I hate about my religion (hindusm) is the waste of huge amount of money in puja,merriges...people take loan from others to waste money on these things/show offs...christans and muslims have very simple traditions

people have litrelly forgot that in our culture it was a trend to give prasad to poors and brahmans(who were poor in ancient days, but now its a tradition ..poor or rich he should be brahman) ...but instead we just call up or own guests and treat them...lot of food,flowers,milk,ghee gets wasted on the name of god..

I also hate the tomatina festival or whatever its called where they waste thousands of KG of tomato in the name of tradition...

It seems nobody cares for poor, everyone wants to show off there religious superiority.

Flash

Lost in speed
Hinduism has more gods when compared to others. Since, each one of them has different religious practices, they provide myriad of options to pollute environment in the name of each.
For example, People pollute River Ganges in the name of sacredness.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wow this discussion seems nice and quit positive....

What I hate about my religion (hindusm) is the waste of huge amount of money in puja,merriges...people take loan from others to waste money on these things/show offs...christans and muslims have very simple traditions

people have litrelly forgot that in our culture it was a trend to give prasad to poors and brahmans(who were poor in ancient days, but now its a tradition ..poor or rich he should be brahman) ...but instead we just call up or own guests and treat them...lot of food,flowers,milk,ghee gets wasted on the name of god..

I also hate the tomatina festival or whatever its called where they waste thousands of KG of tomato in the name of tradition...

It seems nobody cares for poor, everyone wants to show off there religious superiority.

Its ok if it happens in Spain. That is none of our business. But, its really dumb to organize something like this in India.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Its ok if it happens in Spain. That is none of our business. But, its really dumb to organize something like this in India.

i heard some people wanted to organize "Tomatina" in India after watching ZNMD

it got cancelled due to wastage of tomatoes or something
link
A delegation of tomato growers from Kolar district, environmentalists and NGO representatives had met Mr Gowda and told him that "throwing for fun at each other, tomatoes grown through hard work by farmers reflects foreign culture. In the name of 'La Tomatina' festival, permission should not be granted to waste tomatoes".
"62,000 kg of tomatoes getting wasted for the fun of the rich is not fair," he told the Chief Minister, who immediately responded to the delegation's concerns and wrote letters to the police chiefs ordering to take steps towards cancellation of the event.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hinduism has more gods when compared to others. Since, each one of them has different religious practices, they provide myriad of options to pollute environment in the name of each.
For example, People pollute River Ganges in the name of sacredness.
This unsettling and beyond reasoning to me. Warning: Corpses floating on water.

Filthy India Photos, Chinese Netizen Reactions – chinaSMACK

If you Puke on your KB i'm not responsible

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like our Mahabharata/Ramayana, all gods were once humans who were raised to the GOD status because of their deeds.
Though they do, they dint misuse the purpose to serve them well, atleast in their lifetime..
not correct.no gods were ever humans.human race is different from god/Dev race in creation of brahma as per mythological scriptures.all gods(this does not include holy trinity of brahma,vishnu,shiva & their wives) were initially mortal but after drinking "amrit" from "samudra manthan" became immortal.the incarnations/avatars of lord Vishnu are humans & as such not immortals though they chose to select the manner in which they die(like ram) or let others select their time of death(like krishna).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My best guess is that God is a Biotechnologist and we are his experiments gone wrong. He became so ashamed of us that he abandoned us to our fate and never returned.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ DeSmOnD dAvId....saying tomatina festival none of our business is equal to saying let African people die of hunger and malnutrition ..its none of our business :)

If we are human ..we have humanity as well....wasting food in the name of religion is bad everywhere ...just see the pic above ....dont you pity those hungry kids :(

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My point about La Tomatina in Spain was that Spain is a developed country, while India is not.

Besides, La Tomitina has nothing to do with religion.

I like the Langar system that the Sikhs organize, providing free food for everyone.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The greatest concern is this . ..

*cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03MHc8f1BpguB/x160.jpg

Oh ****...how did I forget about this one?

This is the single, most stupidest thing that makes me ashamed to share the same species as such imbeciles.

Edit: I have heard that there is a temple dedicated to Amitabh Bachchan as well.

quagmire

Allllright !
EXPLOSIVE NEW EVIDENCE PROVES MARS LANDING IS A HOAX! - Read this you'll lose hope in humankind..

NOTE: I am not trying make any kind of remark or comment on any religion..

Excerpts from the article:

"BUT WHY THE ELABORATE HOAX?

Because they want to destroy our way of life! They are determined to destroy Christianity by declaring that alien life exists. But first of course, they need “the proof” and will stop at nothing to deceive the public with their evil lies and deception.

Remember, big money is behind all this."

:banghead: How will the science community grow with people like this? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
^ You should've posted this as a separate thread.
BTW, that was a blog i guess. Moreover, there were no article on that by Big news websites.

Top Bottom