Reliance or Airtel or Voda

Which one is the best service provider.... in overall terms

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
Discuss... here as per ur personal experience which one is the best gsm service provider .. out of these three..
in terms of
-service network
-call dropping
-call rates
-apps
-3g or not
-infrastructure
-xtra facilities
-others(please specify)
Njoy...
and get to know the best mobile service provider

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I love BSNL but it wasn't given as a choice. So second most that I like is reliance. 1ps/sms is too good IMO, plus 50ps/min call even while roaming. all this without any special package or so (I have postpaid 99 connection). I mean which other service provider offers such rates? Reliance network need no discussion, after Airtel it is Reliance with most coverage in India

I love BSNL but it wasn't given as a choice. So second most that I like is reliance. 1ps/sms is too good IMO, plus 50ps/min call even while roaming. all this without any special package or so (I have postpaid 99 connection). I mean which other service provider offers such rates? Reliance network need no discussion, after Airtel it is Reliance with most coverage in India
Reliance has BIGGER coverage than voda ? You sure ?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Sorry i don't have stats to prove that..but Reliance has more subscribers than Vodafone. And it has few of "world's largest in its kitty"

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_the_Asia_Pacific_region#India
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliance_Communications

Sorry i don't have stats to prove that..but Reliance has more subscribers than Vodafone. And it has few of "world's largest in its kitty"

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_the_Asia_Pacific_region#India
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliance_Communications
Yeah I definitely know about its subscriber base.

But we DO need to realize that Indian Industry calculates subscriber base by using net amount of SIM cards sold and not total active connections over past 1 year.

Most ppl buy reliance sims and throw them away mainly due to offers like Rs.20 for 4 sims, with Rs. 50 tt each and so on.

But coming to positives of Reliance from personal experience,

1. Coverage is better than competing low cost telecos
  2. Low cost (duh) plans. But TATADOCOMO, Aircel and Uninor all beat it in this department but have lower coverage
  3. Availability of free gprs tricks for mobile :D
  4. 500 national sms/day for Re. 1/day
  5. Re1/3min plan seriously cheap for those making loooong calls
  6. cheap roaming calls
  7. free roaming sms :D

Negatives are:

1. Call plans not as cheap as others. 1ps/sec too expensive compared to 0.66ps/sec or 1ps/2sec offered by others
  2. No discounted onnet calls by default
  3. GPRS with PC Connectivity is still expensive
  4. crappy SMS service. Concatenated messages often arrive with only first part.
  5. Not enough special packs
  6. SMS'es rental Rs. 30/month when competitors have it at Rs. 0/month.
  7. Points 1 and 6 mean lot of potential savings elsewhere.

But looking at AirTel, Voda and Reliance plans, I pick Reliance as the best Pan-India operator. AirTel and Voda have crap plans.

BSNL is the only choice if you wish to make calls from Leh in kashmir or some remote village in Kerala. Its THE provider I would choose if coverage was the only factor and money was not when it comes to getting a connection.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
bsnl 3g

video call 30p only on stv 98+ GOOD REDUCED TARRIF

1p/3sec offer
1p/sms any local/national-rs13
49p any std offer
2000/3000 sms pack-rs23/33
and many

it rocks

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Airtel... Reliable!

However, the tariffs are not enticing at all! I can assure you of great service network! Customer care is good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom