Reducing room temperature during hot summers

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi folks,

My room is at the top floor of the house and hence my room gets heated up very quickly during summers.

Is there any way to reduce the room temperature without using an AC? I cannot afford an AC now since it costs around 30k for a branded one.

I heard that there are some paint-like liquids available that can be painted on the terrace above the house which reflects sunlight. Anyone has any idea about this?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes there are paints which reduces the temperature upto 5 degree ....I have asked the price sometimes ago and it was costing Rs30,000 for a 800sqr foot area....but it will work for some 5 years and u have to paint it again

techbulb

eUREKA...
For cooling room ac is the only and best option there is ,for cooling in general buy a water cooler these days they are not so expensive direct cool air to your face

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@sujoyp: 30k for 800 sqft area? Don't you feel it is a bit high? Is it a wall paint or the one to paint on the terrace?

PraKs

Youngling
Find something called "Chuna" in Hindi.

Would cost around 200 Rs max for whole room. Only problem it will wash out in 1st rain.

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
You can buy a cellulose cooler for about 10000-15000. It can cool a large area very well

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Mega Bump, summer is here.. let talk about cooling our rooms. I had a weird idea of buying hay and putting it in the terrace and sprinkling it in water :p not sure if it will work or if I will face complaints from neighbors about stinking smell :p I wonder where to get hay :lol:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hay, try to build another floor if yours it the topmost. That will keep your floor cool.

sujoyp

Grand Master
the idea of hay is good and quit ancient...but prblem is you have to go to terrece in mid afternoon to put water on them...thats practically difficult...and dont worry no smell will come coz in summer it will dry very fast

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ may be I can make a automated sprinkler using Arduino :p

EDIT: I should check OLX for people selling hay :lol:

Top Bottom