Reducing room temperature during hot summers

amjath

Human Spambot
:rofl:

Lot of trees = Obviously cool! :D

But now scenario started changing, bangalore turning into next Chennai. Very soon they will achieve that.

In our home (in TN), we tried with jute bags and used to pour water once in 3/4 days depends on temps. And yes, it kept the room cool. Unlike hay, it will last long and no bad odour.

Whats with this jute bag, how does it looks like. Inputs please

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I found a good temporary solution. Had a portable table fan with big stand lying unused. I keep it in my room now and keep it ON whenever I'm in the room. This is a quick temporary solution for the time being until some real concrete solution shows up.

PS: I had set the fan setting to blow air directly on my face. At one point at night while sleeping, it almost suffocated me :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I found a good temporary solution. Had a portable table fan with big stand lying unused. I keep it in my room now and keep it ON whenever I'm in the room. This is a quick temporary solution for the time being until some real concrete solution shows up.

PS: I had set the fan setting to blow air directly on my face. At one point at night while sleeping, it almost suffocated me :)

I do the same. And wake up with Sore throat :(

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I open up Windows, turn down the speed of my ceiling fan and it is good. Opening Windows at night is good idea IMO.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Keep the fan in front of your legs and your head leg and the fan should be in straight line. This is more relaxing.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
> Grow lots trees around the house.

> Keep windows open till ~11:00 am, then start using curtains.

> Completely close all windows facing the sun after 12:00 noon.

> Avoid cooking in afternoon.

> Keep some space for hot air to escape, i.e., keep proper ventilation.

> open all doors (not facing the sun) after every 2 hours and turn on all fans to make all accumulated hot air escape.

> Do not use carpet or other thick cloth stuff in summers.

Psst: wear wet socks while sitting, they make you chill as hell.

what if slip and fall down???

thermocol ceiling
if using together with ac, keeps room cooler for longer during power cut...

amjath

Human Spambot
Seriously bro if u r not in ground floor, we used to spend our night for an hour in top floor or balcony

Hrishi

Fortunately there are total of 3 Water Tanks kept on top of my Room.I think it prevents the room temperature from getting too high at daytime.

Top Bottom