Reducing room temperature during hot summers

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
those farmers working in those fields might think I am the real devil if I go with the Scythe :|

ha ha..

Another idea.. just spend someday at chennai. Enjoy the pleasant weather in sea beach at noon. Then return back to bglr, Definitely you will feel your room cool, hence room temp reduced. :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ha ha..

Another idea.. just spend someday at chennai. Enjoy the pleasant weather in sea beach at noon. Then return back to bglr, Definitely you will feel your room cool, hence room temp reduced. :p

I make sure that I don't visit Chennai during summer. only once or twice in two years I visit Chennai :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Looking at the whether, looks like its gonna rain again today :D .. its raining in the evening from past two days :p :nanananana:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
I found hay online , but minimum order is like 10 tons , LOL

Hay-Hay Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comHay

EDIT:I found a One Ton min. order -
Alfalfa Hay - Buy Alfalfa Hay For Sale,Alfalfa Hay In Bales,Alfalfa Cubes Hay Product on Alibaba.com

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I recently saw a portable-AC which looks quite a lot like a cooler. It costs about 12K. You could try that.
We should look at low cost options :D

I found hay online , but minimum order is like 10 tons , LOL

Hay-Hay Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comHay

EDIT:I found a One Ton min. order -
Alfalfa Hay - Buy Alfalfa Hay For Sale,Alfalfa Hay In Bales,Alfalfa Cubes Hay Product on Alibaba.com

LOL one ton :lol: I should also buy couple of buffaloes, and may be even start milk business :lol:

Jute Bags looks like the most easy option, will check over weekend :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^wow after 3 itself. AFAIK Bangalore is like hill station

:rofl:

Lot of trees = Obviously cool! :D

But now scenario started changing, bangalore turning into next Chennai. Very soon they will achieve that.

In our home (in TN), we tried with jute bags and used to pour water once in 3/4 days depends on temps. And yes, it kept the room cool. Unlike hay, it will last long and no bad odour.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
those portable AC's do not make sense at all...though it releases cool air upfront...the back of those coolers release hot air thus heating up other parts of the room...

Mumbai is surprisingly cooler this year for now...with temps ranging around 31-32C for a while barring just one or two days in between when it touched 40C

> Grow lots trees around the house.

> Keep windows open till ~11:00 am, then start using curtains.

> Completely close all windows facing the sun after 12:00 noon.

> Avoid cooking in afternoon.

> Keep some space for hot air to escape, i.e., keep proper ventilation.

> open all doors (not facing the sun) after every 2 hours and turn on all fans to make all accumulated hot air escape.

> Do not use carpet or other thick cloth stuff in summers.

Psst: wear wet socks while sitting, they make you chill as hell.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I was wondering why I am not feeling the same heat now .. Realized when i went out that I am sitting in the office with the AC running 24/7 :|

Top Bottom