Quick Heal is bull$hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
djmykey said:
Why dont we ban these tests then ? I mean a lay man user would be driven to think that this AV is pretty good at what it does. Lemme tell you I also dint know that these both tests were so lame till AcceleratorX clarified this point. I mean if its such a incomplete test why have it. We should have something that is complete and whole.

The reason for this is that Virus Bulletin is still useful to e.g. corporate businesses, whose employees are not likely to surf around unknown websites and hence catch zoo malware. The main sources of virus infection for corporates are mass-spammed emails. This also qualifies into "In-the-wild" malware, and since corporates are more likely to get infected with such malware than for example regular home users, choosing an AV that gets a VB100 is of higher importance for corporates and businesses. Also, for a business, having zero false positives is of high importance because an incorrectly detected file can cause some disruption in the working of the business. Those products which receive a VB100 award are certified to detect all in-the-wild malware with no incorrect detections. If an AV gets VB100 and is cheap, but does not have good zoo malware detection, many businesses will still choose that AV to protect their computers because it will still serve their purpose well.

But for small businesses and home users, a VB100 will absolutely not suffice. I will even go as far to say that for a home user, just because a product does not win a VB100 does not mean that it sucks. For a home user, it is very important to see all the available AV-tests before going to purchase an AV of your choice. VB100 and Check Mark should be given lower importance solely because of the number of samples used, the relative irrelevance of the scenario to home users, as well as the fact that zoo malware is equally prevalent for home users.

Actually Virus Bulletin also tests zoo malware detection, but the results of the zoo malware detection test are not counted for giving the VB100 award. The VB100 award is given if a product detects 100% of all in-the-wild tests. Even in Virus Bulletin, QuickHeal is pretty bad in detection of zoo malware.

Hence, if you want to choose an AV product, you need to look at all the tests and also the GUI, performance, resource use etc. QuickHeal fails horribly in the detection rates department.

Last edited:

Levi

Right off the assembly line
blackpearl you better stop to threat people with your opinion.

i use QH since 1 and half year, and i am also one of the user who is satisfied with this product.

If you know or not, many AV vendors use QH's engine as OEM.

a u probably from K or from N company ? :cool:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
My recent experience with Quickheal was awful.. It is very incompetent. Even free AV like Avast, AVG are better then it in terms of detection and removal of viruses/trojans.

But help center of quick heal is prompt & well acquainted with the product and its features n this makes troubleshooting easier.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
k Quick Advice Needed.

Installing Free AV on my XP system. Config is in my sig.

Which Free AV I should go for? [I am fine with Complex interface and stuff. Detection is most important thing for me]

AVG, Antivir? or anythihg else?

arunhalo

crazy overcloking
i trust nod32 both amd 3000 and 4400 boot same speed i test it is awesome test speed
at 10-14 sec :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Forget detecting virus and trojans.. Bloody Norton AV 2007 reduces the system performance to a crawl :mad: im removing this piece or cr@p from my system now.

bibjee

A d m i n s t r a t o r
Nice thread, i had a lot of fun reading it.

Tech_Wiz said:
k Quick Advice Needed.

Installing Free AV on my XP system. Config is in my sig.

Which Free AV I should go for? [I am fine with Complex interface and stuff. Detection is most important thing for me]

AVG, Antivir? or anythihg else?
I would go for avast .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom