Quick Heal is bull$hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
After reading the reviews on different anti virus programs in Fast Track this month, I decided to try out some of them and do my own review. I was using Avast and though it has good detection, I was not happy because of its lack of heuristic scanning. One of the AV programs I tried was Quick Heal, and I tell you its worthless.

I have a couple of trojans and malicious programs on my computer (safely locked inside a folder) that I used to test the AV programs. Quick Heal failed to detect most of it!! It failed to detect even the famous backdoor trojan Back Orifice. There is another program which when run resets the BIOS; all AV I tested detected the program as either "malicious" or "trojan" except Quick Heal. It even failed to detect a few trojan binders that I have on my computer. The detection is very poor. If you are using Quick Heal, you might not be protected, specially from trojans. Another dumb feature in Quick Heal is that the resident program can scan only EXE files or user defined files. There is no option like "scan all files".

I haven't seen a worse AV like this. My advice is not to use Quick Heal.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I agree quick heal is useless.
BTW, can u tell me how u have kept viruses safely on ur system for testing AV????

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
~Phenom~ said:
BTW, can u tell me how u have kept viruses safely on ur system for testing AV????

No viruses, only trojans. Downloaded from the net, zipped them and stored them inside a folder and then locked the folder using Folder Lock. Its safe as long as you don't execute (double-click) on the trojans, have to be careful though. It also helps to test how well an AV can detect viruses/trojans inside an archive file. Only Bit Defender detected the trojans without opening the zip file, pretty smart. All others were able to detect them only after extracting the files from the archive. As for Quick Heal, it detected none.

Bit Defender is the best but is very heavy on resources and it slows down activities like opening programs and folders noticeably. Antivir is good too and light on resources and is fast.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
blackpearl said:
No viruses, only trojans. Downloaded from the net, zipped them and stored them inside a folder and then locked the folder using Folder Lock. Its safe as long as you don't execute (double-click) on the trojans, have to be careful though. It also helps to test how well an AV can detect viruses/trojans inside an archive file. Only Bit Defender detected the trojans without opening the zip file, pretty smart. All others were able to detect them only after extracting the files from the archive. As for Quick Heal, it detected none.

Bit Defender is the best but is very heavy on resources and it slows down activities like opening programs and folders noticeably. Antivir is good too and light on resources and is fast.

Well did u try NOD32..Suppose the resident program is ON and u try dwdnlng any stuff like virus,trojan...It nvr allows u:p ...The dwnld goes up till 99.9 % and on 100% the file just disappears[meaning gets deleted]...I have experienced this stuff;)

soham

In the zone
PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 is good too but is a bit heavy on resources. I suppose NOD 32 is the lightest amongst Antiviruses. Now only if it had a complete security suite.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
soham said:
PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 is good too but is a bit heavy on resources. I suppose NOD 32 is the lightest amongst Antiviruses. Now only if it had a complete security suite.

I agree with u but i dnt think its incomplete ..Only stuff it doesnt boast like others and very less ad for the product but like others who sound hi-fi;)

anandk

Distinguished Member
i agree , quickheal may not be considered as being a great av, but u really cant judge an av just bcox it misd a file. i usually have kav, avast, bitdfndr on my lappie, and many a times one misses, and the other detects it as malware. why just last week kav did not detect a trijan donloader as one, whereas avast identified it as one. was surprised !

kav, bitdefender, nod32 can be considered as the finest av, imo :)

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
jz2linkinpark said:
quick heal is $hit, so how were you able to collect the trojans?

I downloaded the trojans by temporarily disabling the resident program. By the way, I had downloaded these trojans a long time ago, maybe a year or so. At that time I was using Norton.

anandk said:
i agree , quickheal may not be considered as being a great av, but u really cant judge an av just bcox it misd a file. i usually have kav, avast, bitdfndr on my lappie, and many a times one misses, and the other detects it as malware. why just last week kav did not detect a trijan donloader as one, whereas avast identified it as one. was surprised !

Agreed. That happens.

From my personal experience, Norton has the best detection. Its script blocking utility is a great help when browsing the net. It detects even password breaking programs like Cain & Abel and I have seen it detecting exploits written in Perl and C. Awesome!! I have never seen such good detection with any other AV. Maybe Bit Defender is a lot like Norton, but I have not tested those exploits with it.

And yes, avast is good.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok that now u have known that, u missed the most found virus and the most seemingly harmless one. Redlof. Yeah the same one that creates a folder.htt and desktop.htt in each and every folder of your computer. Now who would b so dumb to exclude that virus frm the database, ur right Quickheal.

Now their hq is here in Pune, Mayfair Towers. I used to have a premium liscence of Quick Heal for 5 pcs of my Cafe. Those buggers used to showup only when the liscence used to expire and had to be renewed. The last time they came to me I said "You mofos get the hell outta my place, u ppl cant even detect a simple virus and u want me to buy it. Shame on you." That guy was red faced. Next day the office ppl called me to ask why I wasnt renewing the liscence. I said when free av's r better than urs y the hell shud I waste 2.5k on ur product. That guy also shut his mouth and no one called ever.

Since then its just KAV, KAV and KIS.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
^^^ LOL
I can't believe it, QH is so dumb!! Its an Indian company right?
Digit should stop providing it on their DVDs.

shaunak

Tux Fan
soham said:
Think avast or avg is the lightest AV

mediator

Technomancer
blackpearl said:
It failed to detect even the famous backdoor trojan Back Orifice.
:shock: BUt back orifice is one the oldest trojan creators! Failed to detect that? Hmmmmm, neways I can sense u do a lotta negetive activities ! Keep it up :D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
anandk said:

kav, bitdefender, nod32 can be considered as the finest av, imo :)

Are you serious? KAV, avast! and Bitdefender on ur laptop? It's too many resource swallowers! Bit defender itself is great resource hug....

7monk

Broken In
i am goimg back to avg.QH deleted my some feb flash files(jokes).i will never install QH again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom