Quick Heal is bull$hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
7monk said:
i am goimg back to avg.QH deleted my some feb flash files(jokes).i will never install QH again.

Very true. Quick Heal and Antivir are very ineffective. I jus don't know why on earth they are made for?

abhijangda

Padawan
blackpearl said:
After reading the reviews on different anti virus programs in Fast Track this month, I decided to try out some of them and do my own review. I was using Avast and though it has good detection, I was not happy because of its lack of heuristic scanning. One of the AV programs I tried was Quick Heal, and I tell you its worthless.

I have a couple of trojans and malicious programs on my computer (safely locked inside a folder) that I used to test the AV programs. Quick Heal failed to detect most of it!! It failed to detect even the famous backdoor trojan Back Orifice. There is another program which when run resets the BIOS; all AV I tested detected the program as either "malicious" or "trojan" except Quick Heal. It even failed to detect a few trojan binders that I have on my computer. The detection is very poor. If you are using Quick Heal, you might not be protected, specially from trojans. Another dumb feature in Quick Heal is that the resident program can scan only EXE files or user defined files. There is no option like "scan all files".

I haven't seen a worse AV like this. My advice is not to use Quick Heal.
I think you all are mad and even kiran tech mania. How can you say any thing to Quick Heal without using it. Anyone of you know how to use Quick Heal (qh). I am using it for more than one year and haven't gotten a virus. It is having features like daily update, weekly update and monthly update. And only he knows who uses it for more than one year like me not that one who uses it not even a hour. You have done daily update not monthly update. For "scan all files" question run qh then go to options. Then go to scan options there you will find what items to scan and select all files ok beginner. One who uses a thing for more than 1 year like me and is expert of that can tell whether it is good or bad but not a new born child like you can tell about it.:lol: I have to use this type of language becuase of you only. Now see inside you and find why. Ok mad people.

Last edited:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok mr so called expert you want someone's opinion who has used it for a long time then its me. I have used that av since 2000 till 2003. Ok I have to agree with you that the av is light i mean it runs good even on a 500 MHz machine but that doesnt mean that it shud not detect viruses. Now u say that we didnt update and didnt scan regularly blah blah blah. Hey I did that all ok for 2 years, I updated the antivirus and scanned all of my 5 pc's every morning. And still after a month or so I wud have to format all my pc's. U say we dont update, the d@mn av cudnt detect the oldest and well know spaces virus. Now that virus is known for like ages. But still qh never detected it, now do u wanna give me and explaination. And yes qh was always online and I never used to shut it down anytime. I had paid for the liscences but still this thing used to happen in my cafe. Now I have no av nothing just deep freeze and im without any probs tho this is a lil bit off topic. Anyways last bit after paying for the av also the qh guys neva came to see my problems. Even their online help sucked. I had taken a hdd to their office and told them to scan it but they cudnt detect anything. whereas at my friends house we cleaned it using norton (yeah that time norton was the big boss) even if we called the qh guys they never turned up. But they used to turn up whenever the contract was supposed to be renewed. So the last time they called or turned up i told them to their face ur product is a piece of $hit and u can keep it for ur self im not gonna pay for something i dun like and u can support.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey djmykey, I want to tell you that no av detect all the viruses. Someone detects one which others donot. For your question about qh vs. norton. I want to tell you that it will not be a virus but it will be a spyware. Quick Heal is not the good antispyware but is very good av. One more thing you have used older versions I think 7.02 or 6.0 around it. Use latest version 9.00 or 2007. It is much stronger than previous version. Only updating will not solve your problem. If you remember then it also do version update. But for your old version the version update is not available. So it downloaded the definition currently availaible for your version. This will only do daily update. Not weekly or monthly update.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
Somebody please give him the link where Anti virus test results are. Show him that Quick Heal is at the bottom of the list at around 50-60% detection rate.

If you have read carefully, I wrote that after using and testing it. Also read what djmykey has to say.

abhijangda said:
I am using it for more than one year and haven't gotten a virus.

That doesn't prove anything. You may be just damn lucky or you may have plenty of viri under your hood not even knowing it. Some people don't even use any anti virus softawre and still manage to survive; you just have to use a litle common sense. But does it mean that Windows alone with no AV is enough? And most likely is that you have got lots of virus but QH can't detect it. Thats why I said that its worthless. It can't detect even simple common viruses. QH didn't detect any virus for you for the past 1 yr does not necessarily mean you don't have viruses. QH is famous for not detecting viruses.

Last edited:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Dude I have paid the qh ppl lumpsome money man and you think that they will release an update and if i dont get it I will keep quiet. I had updates from 5 - 6 and 6 - 7. When even 7 was useless then I decided to stop using it. See I am somewhat good at windows and stuff and you think that I'm flaming some antivirus because I dint have a good exp. Na I am just warning ppl against it because its useless in my opinion.

T

thunderbird.117

Quick Heal is made in india and made by indians so you guessed it right :p. It is full of BS. :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Quick Heal is worst. Inspite of updates, virus invaded in my frnd's comp. XP original+destroyed all files. :mad:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Shasanka_Gogoi said:
I knew that one. Its just not good. I dumped it and am using avast instead.
u can see too many gud ads in the news paper. but for tech prods. we shud visit a tech forum!-- Thinkdigit. :)

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey mad ones if you aren't specified by my ans then go to quickheal.com and count how many vb100% award it gets ok. It gets 17 vb100%. Only decent and strong avs get this award and 17 times it's huge. For blackpearl you have use it I didn't hink beacause if you has used it then you should whether scan all files option is present or not. You ans no but you are wrong it is present this shows that you have used it but not even for 1 hour. There are many things that you don't know about quick heal and you say you used it. You are wrong you haven't used it. You people can't fool me. Ok mad one.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
abhijangda said:
You are wrong you haven't used it. You people can't fool me. Ok mad one.

LOL!! Why would anybody want to fool you? We are giving you good advice. Its upto you whether you take it or not. You have decided not to, fine!!

I find your stance quite amusing actually.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
abhijangda said:
Hey mad ones if you aren't specified by my ans then go to quickheal.com and count how many vb100% award it gets ok. It gets 17 vb100%. Only decent and strong avs get this award and 17 times it's huge. For blackpearl you have use it I didn't hink beacause if you has used it then you should whether scan all files option is present or not. You ans no but you are wrong it is present this shows that you have used it but not even for 1 hour. There are many things that you don't know about quick heal and you say you used it. You are wrong you haven't used it. You people can't fool me. Ok mad one.
You are right quick heal leads on the "Peace" front.It will not notify even if you have a nuke inside:p.I switched to Avast after finding QH inefficient,and it found quite a lot of sh1t which QH left unnoticed.
So get yourself nod32 or avast,and see for yourself the Great one.
Now I am using KIS,Spybot and Windows defender.
(maybe now I have also become A MAD ONE)

abhijangda

Padawan
vimal malhotra you may have become mad one. But remember someone who has uses it for more than a year know about the product not the one who has uses it for some time like blackpearl and others. You may be experienced it may not satisfied you and your security. But has satisfied me greatly. Threats which qh unnoticed will be spyware and adware and was detected by others. Even I have also found some threats in my computer which qh unnoticed. But these were spyware/adware not virus. As i have earlier told qh is good av not good anti-spyware or anti-adware.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
vimal_mehrotra said:
You are right quick heal leads on the "Peace" front.It will not notify even if you have a nuke inside:p.I switched to Avast after finding QH inefficient,and it found quite a lot of sh1t which QH left unnoticed.
So get yourself nod32 or avast,and see for yourself the Great one.
Now I am using KIS,Spybot and Windows defender.
(maybe now I have also become A MAD ONE)
why the heck do you have Spybot & Windows Defender @ same time???

KIS also comes with its own Anti-Spyware.

use any one of those :wink:, even if you have 1GB RAM it doesnt mean you can have 2 or more of them at same time.

so either Uninstall/disable KIS's Anti Spyware or the other two

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^No,Windows defender has a real time scanner,while spybot is a must to manually scan.If you are not using this combination,I will even recommend you to use this.

T

thunderbird.117

abhijangda said:

Hey mad. Even if they get 2000 awards. It does not even matter. Even i can put a link like that and say i got this much awards. OK mad one?. If you like QH you can use it. :). See you soon mad.

T

thunderbird.117

Indyan said:
With so many avs getting the vb100% awards so many times, I dont believe its of any good. They probably test very common virii.
*www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=82&mnu=82

49. Quick Heal version 8.00 - 33.66%
Yeah, sure its the best AV around. Even antispywares like Asquared had greater detection rate.

Even the open source AV defeated QH. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom