Pursuing my ambition to become a Game Designer

Nerevarine

Incarnate
err.... Good suggestions but if anyone's interested in Game designing, should stick to learning Game designing (IMO)
PS: C# >>>>> java script if you are gonna use Unity

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I wonder what OP( [MENTION=161285]GamerSlayer[/MENTION] ) has decided......JEE or SAT

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
err.... Good suggestions but if anyone's interested in Game designing, should stick to learning Game designing (IMO)
PS: C# >>>>> java script if you are gonna use Unity

woah how did this thread become alive?

and after reading my previous post i.e #79 I'm laughing :p
I ended up with 8.8 due to internal school **** and i completely gave up on CS for now. :p :p first IIT then CS :p

Nerevarine

Incarnate
woah how did this thread become alive?

and after reading my previous post i.e #79 I'm laughing :p
I ended up with 8.8 due to internal school **** and i completely gave up on CS for now. :p :p first IIT then CS :p

8.8 in what exactly ? 10th board ? that is not bad, albeit scoring in 10th board is much easier ..
dont give up on CS, atleast try joining a similar stream as to CS..

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
I have decided to go for both! Will try SAT but I really don't think, with the developments in the past few months that I would be able to afford foreign colleges even if I score exceptionally well in SAT. So I am gonna go for JEE coaching from next year to cover both JEE and bitsat up and give SAT a try too! And someone in Delhi with some experience please suggest me a good coaching centre I should take up for JEE in 12th.

I have a different plan. Im planning to score a hefty score in 12th and going to NTU as suggest by seamon. Will give both JEE and SAT and try to get in NIT if not NTU. How is my plan ? :p

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^Good plan. Giving SAT will increase your chances. Start filling up NTU application, I think deadline is mid feb.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I have decided to go for both! Will try SAT but I really don't think, with the developments in the past few months that I would be able to afford foreign colleges even if I score exceptionally well in SAT. So I am gonna go for JEE coaching from next year to cover both JEE and bitsat up and give SAT a try too! And someone in Delhi with some experience please suggest me a good coaching centre I should take up for JEE in 12th.

Unless you can get into IIT(not even NIT), MS in a good US college(MIT,Stanny, Berkeley) becomes next to impossible. If you can't afford the fees(30 lakhs pa), your best bet is to study in India. US Universities want your money period.

Scholarships are for the extremely talented(2400 SAT + SAT 2+ Nobel prize winner+ Olympics champion). Public universities(Berkeley,Umich,Ga tech,Purdue) don't give scholarships to Internationals. Private universitites(MIT,Harvard,Stanny) give but most of them are need aware(your chances go down if you ask for money). I am talking about top 10 universities here.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW what is their fees?

27 lakhs pa if you don't take the grant. If you take the MOE grant, you pay half that amount but you have to sign a bond wherein you have to work for any Singapore registered company for 3 years. You may freeze the grant for 2 years if you want to pursue MS in some other country or Singapore itself.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
8.8 in what exactly ? 10th board ? that is not bad, albeit scoring in 10th board is much easier ..
dont give up on CS, atleast try joining a similar stream as to CS..

lol scoring a 10 on 10th board is easy but the school *****d everyone's grade. also i took IP(java+MySQL) as 5th subject.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Seamn the fees that's too much I thought it would be for the whole degree but that's per annum ....I guess I gotta go to the IIT road only :(
check this out Game Design & Developemnt College, Course in Chennai
fees is reasonable, about 3 lakhs for all the years, but changes every year, so can't say exactly how much. Campuses are in Blore and Chennai.

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
check this out Game Design & Developemnt College, Course in Chennai
fees is reasonable, about 3 lakhs for all the years, but changes every year, so can't say exactly how much. Campuses are in Blore and Chennai.

But first I need to get something to my name by joining some college? Guess I will have to first do something from some renowned college b4 joining this na? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Not needed, you can also go for Game Programming College, Course in Chennai
but yes, it is a good idea for anyone going into this field to get a leg up by going for a part time course in game design in local institutes while doing their regular degree such as BTech
or learn by yourself using tutorials and create a portfolio
the software to learn are - photoshop, 3ds max and/or maya, zbrush, unity or unreal

Top Bottom