Pursuing my ambition to become a Game Designer

<b>Qualifacation is enough, your work counts more than institute you got certificate from</b>

Internships are great for finding out what kind of work you wanna do during graduation.

answering some earlier questions
art is lighting, texturing, concept, prep, rigging, cameras, particle fx,
dev is terrain, I/O, porting, networking, maintenance, collisions and physics
design is levels, AI, prototyping, testing, storytelling
Tell about people who think that IIT is better than all others !

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Tell about people who think that IIT is better than all others !

There's MIT but to get there you have to be a super-student.
I am guessing:-
1.Consistent school performance.
2.Debating skills.
3.Leadership qualities(I am guessing school council).
4.Good SAT score.
5.EC activities.

On a side note, you missed ^_^ in your gif.

Its not that those skills are not required for admission in MIT but you need these skills to get pass MIT .. And sorry that i missed because it was taken from a website ... i didnt made it

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The chances of an Indian getting into MIT is less than 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

@op btw how much are you expecting in the boards?

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
Well, 10 CGPA after upgradation? For me, Hindi screwed everything up. Since I am a South Indian, Hindi ain't my native language.

- - - Updated - - -

The chances of an Indian getting into MIT is less than 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

@op btw how much are you expecting in the boards?

How about doing BTech from India and then going for MIT?! Also, how in the hell can I get into MIT?! Is there any scholarship opportunities for it?!

How can anyone compare Btech with MIT ? MIT is a college and Btech is a course ! ... listen slayer if you want to do Btech from India and only thing you have to do now is study for IIT or you wont get easy admission ... and Btech is a bachelor course then comes Mtech ,which is master course which you may do in MIT ! for indian getting admission into MIT is just difficult because they take up a test of English language which failed many students and i know you , you will pas that test .. considering scholarship .. MIT website says that for people they teach them at their best considering their paying capacity they charge their fee .. AFAIK scholarship program is there !

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The chances of getting into IIT is 2% for an Indian of General category.
For MIT you have to get a good score in SAT and perform well in the interview.
You can do a major in any engineering stream in MIT instead of B.Tech here in India. They are the same thing I think.

flyingcow

Shibe
i have a similar ambition and want to do design or coding, i am preparing for iit, and will do btech from a reputed college, am i on the right track?
i think that gaming, tech integrated into life (google glass etc) and app developement is the next big thing after the huge social media explosion.
i heard that there is a good institute in Pune, dedicated to things like gaming and animation, can anyone tell its name?

of course he is just a kid who is confused.Even getting into iit is less than 1%.Go for mit imo
LOL ?? then what is IIT ment for ??

- - - Updated - - -

i have a similar ambition and want to do design or coding, i am preparing for iit, and will do btech from a reputed college, am i on the right track?
i think that gaming, tech integrated into life (google glass etc) and app developement is the next big thing after the huge social media explosion.
i heard that there is a good institute in Pune, dedicated to things like gaming and animation, can anyone tell its name?
One of my friend is studying vfx from MAAC try that .. not sure if its any good .....

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
IIT ranks 51st in world college rankings. MIT is #1.
That being said, it's no simple feat to get into MIT.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
OP, I think you donot understand the gravity of how tough it is to even get admission in a good Indian college, forget MIT,.. I ve seen EXTREMELY talented people with tonnes of scholarships and achievements fail to get into MIT (instead opting for IISC)..
just try your best to secure good grades and get into a reputed indian college and give indie game development a fair try. I believe a good indie game with a killer idea can earn you loads of money without much investment

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
OP, I think you donot understand the gravity of how tough it is to even get admission in a good Indian college, forget MIT,.. I ve seen EXTREMELY talented people with tonnes of scholarships and achievements fail to get into MIT (instead opting for IISC)..
just try your best to secure good grades and get into a reputed indian college and give indie game development a fair try. I believe a good indie game with a killer idea can earn you loads of money without much investment

Can you please elaborate and substantiate your statement with examples? Oh pretty please.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
yep

the square enix competition one also? dsk is not in blore
facilities and placements are bound to be good, but institute seems expensive

MAAC is ok as a part time course, or as an additional qualification, not as the only one.

Yea forgot about exact place and idk why I thought it was in Bangalore lol.
Yea Square Enix comes there I think.

Top Bottom